• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Dat Daehli

ibfXPsjA0rvky3.gif

io5qsEPmHxnzI.gif

This is like one of those Adnan gifs in which nothing happens.

Elchele

Yes. That guy is so tiresome and boring with his statements. Always the same shit a million times.

Oh cmon. Breno was just a bad footballer. His wages were rather low. Götze is incredibly skilled and scored some key goals this season. Your one liners get a bit daft lately.

I was talking about Götze's wages. That completely fucked our wages structure. He's a great footballer and everything, but it doesn't made any sense for us to sign him. Was a Real Madrid-kind of signing "sign him because we can"

Jack cw

I was talking about Götze's wages. That completely fucked our wages structure. He's a great footballer and everything, but it doesn't made any sense for us to sign him. Was a Real Madrid-kind of signing "sign him because we can"
Dont know. Imagine Dortmund had secured him for 5 years and he becomes the next Messi. Its true that is done with fucking Dortmund in mind, but he has some amazing potential and that was also part of the decision to buy him.
Badstuber, Thiago and Contento didn't travel with the team
Finally. That performance against Hoffenheim was an insult to every Bayern fan. I hope Guardiola told him to look for another club in 5th division.

Blablurn

Dont know. Imagine Dortmund had secured him for 5 years and he becomes the next Messi. Its true that is done with fucking Dortmund in mind, but he has some amazing potential and that was also part of the decision to buy him.

Finally. That performance against Hoffenheim was an insult to every Bayern fan. I hope Guardiola told him to look for another club in 5th division.

I like how Contento never sprints. Nothing. He does absolutely nothing and yet he already played in a CL final loooool. if alaba hadnt injured himself in 2012 we would have won it.

dc89

RIP in pieces United's defence.

Evans, Smalling and Rafael are likely to be out.
Evra is suspended.

Valencia RB and Buttner LB?

faridmon

Tottenham have conceded 44 goals this season, 27 against the top 4.

To me that shows that our defensive players are not terrible, teams from Everton down generally find it hard to score against us (when Naughton isn't playing). We just don't have the right set-up for the big games, too naive and expecting too much from players new to the PL.

Well, we aren't exactly known for our attacking nouns. Using us as a barometer for defensive argument is a bit frail to be honest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gervinho has more goals (6) & assists (9) than Mesut Özil (4 & 8 respectively)

and his team is 2nd in the table.

says more about Serie A but still funny

Jack cw

I like how Contento never sprints. Nothing. He does absolutely nothing and yet he already played in a CL final loooool. if alaba hadnt injured himself in 2012 we would have won it.
And Badstuber would have won the header against Drogba ;) Yeah, Contento is the worst footballer in Bayerns squad since Christian Lell. I dont know who made his contract but he is in the A squad for ages and I've yet have to see a solid performance of him. His positioning, anticipation and pace are some of the worst in Bundesliga. A typical HSV player one might say.

dc89

@danroan

Giggs was asked by American reporter if he planned to take over from Moyes. Question blocked by MUFC press officer before Giggs could answer

Timurid

Gervinho has more goals (6) & assists (9) than Mesut Özil (4 & 8 respectively)

and his team is 2nd in the table.

says more about Serie A but still funny

Nah he is just back with Garcia, who made him good at Lille.

Just like Ventura, who resurrected Immobile and Cerci.

Also, Immobile is the transfer of the season.

Hixx

I think by the end of this season we will have played over 50 games and less than 20 have been at 3pm on a Saturday.

It's a fucking disgrace.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well, we aren't exactly known for our attacking nouns. Using us as a barometer for defensive argument is a bit frail to be honest.

I'm just saying that there is a vast difference between our ability to defend against the top 4 versus the rest of the league. Our players can't handle the pressure of big games, you just have to look at the number of errors.

faridmon

I'm just saying that there is a vast difference between our ability to defend against the top 4 versus the rest of the league. Our players can't handle the pressure of big games, you just have to look at the number of errors.

Well, that goes without saying. One could argue the fact that, yes, insecurity may have to do with the amount of those goals shipped, but also the gulf in quality, tactics, etc...

I do think that your defensive shape is rather weak, and the fact that you can defend against lower oppositions should disguise the fact that it is frail and could crumble with pressure regardless of any opposition. The bigger teams just have the means to exploit that.

Hixx

Our next 4 after tonight:

A Tottenham Hotspur
H Everton
A Manchester City
A Chelsea

2 points MAX
KuGsj.gif

Four after:

H Cardiff
A Man United
H West Brom
H Swansea

Probably going to need at LEAST 8 from that to stay up unless we can nick a win v Everton.

faridmon

A Tottenham Hotspur
H Everton
A Manchester City
A Chelsea

2 points MAX
KuGsj.gif

Four after:

H Cardiff
A Man United
H West Brom
H Swansea

Probably going to need at LEAST 8 from that to stay up unless we can nick a win v Everton.

Well you did that last time you played against us.

Fuckers.

Clegg

Remember when Moyes said we were underdogs for the Bayern game?

Giggs: "As players we don't see ourselves as underdogs. We're Manchester United playing at home in the Champions League."

Giggs has no time for him.

Jack cw

please stop pretending you're scared because it will make me angry

you wouldn't like me when i'm angry

or naked

Haha, dont read Topos posts then, because he's really scared. The more I read about Uniteds defence the more I expect a 5-0 lead for Bayern after 45 minutes :/

Meier

Ended up playing a lot of Diablo 3 yesterday (haven't bought the expansion yet but first time playing with the patch) and actually had a lot of fun. So much better with decent loot actually dropping regularly. Got like 4 or 5 legendary items.. think I had maybe 1 or 2 total before that and it was super low level.

I am almost to Act 2 on Extreme or whatever is after Hard. Got my dude up to level 53 I think? Somewhere around there.

faridmon

Ended up playing a lot of Diablo 3 yesterday (haven't bought the expansion yet but first time playing with the patch) and actually had a lot of fun. So much better with decent loot actually dropping regularly. Got like 4 or 5 legendary items.. think I had maybe 1 or 2 total before that and it was super low level.

I am almost to Act 2 on Extreme or whatever is after Hard. Got my dude up to level 53 I think? Somewhere around there.

Which console?

I might get it on the PS3 rather soon actually!

Scum

Has Giggs been named ManYoo Manager yet?

A Tottenham Hotspur
H Everton
A Manchester City
A Chelsea

2 points MAX
KuGsj.gif

Four after:

H Cardiff
A Man United
H West Brom
H Swansea

Hixx, pls. 3pts of us, with ease.

JonnyBrad

A Tottenham Hotspur
H Everton
A Manchester City
A Chelsea

2 points MAX
KuGsj.gif

Four after:

H Cardiff
A Man United
H West Brom
H Swansea

Spurs away is not a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom