• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

"At least we don't benefit from a joke league with joke clubs."

I don't understand. This is a description of the Bundesliga.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, this is the most awesome post in this thread. But there is a difference. Unlike Nintendo, we are driving the tech and have the most powerful console, with the biggest exclusives right now and sell like crazy. Serie A is basically WiiU and EPL is the bone, while La Liga isnt sure if OUYA.

Serie A is barely an Atari.

and Juve is a wireless a controller. But what's the point? We're still using it for an Atari.

Blablurn

1-Lionel Messi
1-Michael Zorc
2-Jürgen Kohler
3-Manfred Burgsmüller
4-Lars Ricken
5-Stefan Reuter
6-Andreas Möller
7-Karl-Heinz Riedle
8-Stefan Klos
9-Stéphane Chapuisat

[/IMG]

Thank you. I took notice and added it to my sheet. See you in a few months...

spidye

Uli Hoeneß might as well be a mafia boss.

Don't hide behind "banter". Say whatever you want to say ;)

I don't care about Serie A or even like it. Try something else.
3AQmK.gif

yurt pls.
I don't banter.
I only state the truth :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thank you. I took notice and added it to my sheet. See you in a few months...

Eh?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

You never know what's gonna happen in a few months, I may not even be here.

yurt pls.
I don't banter.
I only state the truth :p

What truth? We only have three starters over 30 and one of them is a keeper. Barzagli, Pirlo and Buffon would start in most teams. (maybe not Buffon)

Vidal seems like a decent investment though.

--------------- Rooney -------------
Welbeck ---- Kagawa ---- Giggs
-------- Fletcher - Fellaini ---------
Buttner -- Rio - Carrick -- Jones
-------------- De Gea ---------------

Fuck me we're gonna get absolutely rimmed.

I'd swap Fellini and Carrick around.

Jack cw

Serie A is barely an Atari.

and Juve is a wireless a controller. But what's the point? We're still using it for an Atari.

Its actually a Chinese copy of an ATARI. The point is, that Nintendo fails and Bayern succeeds. Sucks for Bundesliga though but teams below Bayern and Dortmund simply lack the quality internationally and thats not because of Bayern buying their players but the resistance to invest.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Its actually a Chinese copy of an ATARI. The point is, that Nintendo fails and Bayern succeeds. Sucks for Bundesliga though but teams below Bayern and Dortmund simply lack the quality internationally and thats not because of Bayern buying their players but the resistance to invest.
Why would they invest when they know you're going to take them away in a couple of years anyway? That's the nature of tapping up and expiring contracts. (Lewy)

I'm not comparing Nintendo and Bayern. See how it's hard to have an actual discussion with Bayern fans?
but Nintendo did ruin the industry with motion controllers though :p

you can troll Serie A and Juve all you want, unlike many, I know my place.
3AQmK.gif

Suen

looooooooool

at least we don't benefit from a joke league with with joke clubs and their mafia bosses. the best italian team isn't even playing champions league.
better start buying washed up 30 year olds and build a team for the future

/bayernfan
But Serie A is the best league, look how some of the BPL fans look at it in envy. I mean Palermo alone makes the league worth watching. Meanwhile Bundesliga should be called Bayernliga

<3

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
woke up to see Yurt pulling a Kermit

good bye

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

come back I'm just messing with Blablurn
KuGsj.gif
I promised him to troll Bayern last night
KuGsj.gif

#LoveBayern

they are trying to improve the Bundesliga's image, pls understand everyone

But Serie A is the best league, look how some of the BPL fans look at it in envy. I mean Palermo alone makes the league worth watching. Meanwhile Bundesliga should be called Bayernliga

<3

Quite easily the worst league. Maybe in a couple of years.

We are invoking our warranty on Giaccherini he is not damaged just shit.

<3 it's too late. We spent the money on brown envelopes.

Jack cw

Why would they invest when they know you're going to take them away in a couple of years anyway? That's the nature of tapping up and expiring contracts. (Lewy)

I'm not comparing Nintendo and Bayern. See how it's hard to have an actual discussion with Bayern fans?

Nintendo did ruin the industry with motion controllers though :p

Yurt pls. Discussing with "us" isnt that hard. Some of us are cunts, ok but not all of them. I have no hard feelings if you state something like Bayern buys the Bundesliga empty because its simply true. This policy of buying domestic players is a Hoeneß thing and I hope Rummenigge and Sammer break with this because Bundesliga needs to be competitive and they know it. 90% of all Bundesliga transfers are buying players from smaller clubs in the league. Thats how it works. Götze and Lewandwoski were both bought because Hoeneß was afraid that Dortmund might get the top German team in the future after that humiliation at the DFB final.

That is the problem, most clubs dont have such a big network in scouting and fully rely on their youth, were talents are bought away. The solution would be an agreement between clubs or ditching the 50+1 rule to get investors on board. Blaming Bayern for the current state of Bundesliga isnt the whole truth, thats why some of us are a bitchy about it.

Suen

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

come back I'm just messing with Blablurn
KuGsj.gif
I promised him to troll Bayern last night
KuGsj.gif

#LoveBayern

they are trying to improve the Bundesliga's image, pls understand everyone

Quite easily the worst league. Maybe in a couple of years.
Personally I find Serie A the most interesting to watch still but I grew up watching it first so I'm biased. The only thing missing is the atmosphere it had in the 90's and the best players. Hopefully it can improve in both aspects in coming years.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt pls. Discussing with "us" isnt that hard. Some of us are cunts, ok but not all of them. I have no hard feelings if you state something like Bayern buys the Bundesliga empty because its simply true. This policy of buying domestic players is a Hoeneß thing and I hope Rummenigge and Sammer break with this because Bundesliga needs to be competitive and they know it. 90% of all Bundesliga transfers are buying players from smaller clubs in the league. Thats how it works. Götze and Lewandwoski were both bought because Hoeneß was afraid that Dortmund might get the top German team in the future after that humiliation at the DFB final.

That is the problem, most clubs dont have such a big network in scouting and fully rely on their youth, were talents are bought away. The solution would be an agreement between clubs or ditching the 50+1 rule to get investors on board. Blaming Bayern for the current state of Bundesliga isnt the whole truth, thats why some of us are a bitchy about it.

*feels bad*

I was just trolling really, but thanks for the rational response <3

And I know, I actually did make a "Bayern aren't ruining their league" post a week ago
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Personally I find Serie A the most interesting to watch .
I like watching Juve but I'll never go out of my way to watch someone else. Mostly because I hate everyone.

Suen

*feels bad*

And I know, I actually did make a "Bayern aren't ruining their league" post a week ago
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Juventus are ruining the league with their revenue, 100 % play and ref bribes.

Serie A pls.

article_2242017_164_CBECE000005_DC_216_634x406.jpg

edit: fuck dailymail.

L1NETT

Add to me to the list of people who think Infamous SS is meh

Repeat what I said before;

Gorgeeeeous game, but as a terrifyingly dull open world one. Side activities even Ubisoft would find insultingly repetitive, empty, soulless world. Gameplay is ok (middle two powers the best), but lack of enemy variety means it quickly boils down to the same thing time and time again.

It's good, utterly fine but nowt to write home about. 6-7/10 seems spot on.

--

GIVE UP CRICKET ENGLAND

Let's just stop now

Jack cw

*feels bad*

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Cheers. Trolling is fine, and in your case mixed with some truth. This insecurity when it comes to the argument of buying players from other clubs is because many of us arent really ok with Bayerns policy, but we have to accept it. I wouldnt mind if Bayern have gone for Neymar instead of Götze or Suarez for Lewandowski, but these are the little flaws with Bayerns board that I dont like.

Suen

I like watching Juve but I'll never go out of my way to watch someone else. Mostly because I hate everyone.
Aside from watching teams I follow I only watch some of the big games in each league. Like I'm not going to watch Livorno - Sassuolo or Catania - Roma or small games like that. Sometimes those games are fun as hell because the weaker is beating the stronger side or at the very least putting up a very good fight but I just watch the end those games to see if they make it :p

Carbonox

Now I've had time to reflect on Second Son and that new exclusive hype has worn off, my thoughts are:

Good:

Looks stunning, one of the best looking games of the generation
Well acted
Environment traversal is probably my favourite in any game ever, especially with Neon
Extremely fun
Imagination that went in to the powers
Likeable protagonist
Main villain is a cunt

Bad:

Hardly any fucking characters
Last power is half-assed
Nothing to do in the game - it's very empty
Lack of enemy variation - they should have had variations for each power you have, at the very least
Story is very bare bones
Main villain turns to gash by the end

I'd give it an 8 just purely on gameplay value. It's extremely fun to handle. It just needed a fuck ton more content and variety.

Elchele

Infamous SS is great. but yeah, it could have been much much better

Cheers. Trolling is fine, and in your case mixed with some truth. This insecurity when it comes to the argument of buying players from other clubs is because many of us arent really ok with Bayerns policy, but we have to accept it. I wouldnt mind if Bayern have gone for Neymar instead of Götze or Suarez for Lewandowski, but these are the little flaws with Bayerns board that I dont like.

It wouldn't make any sense to go for Neymar or Suárez. They don't speak german, they would have to get used to the league and to the culture of the country, and they have inflated prices and wages.

Players in the bundesliga don't have inflated prices (exception: Gotze) and they speak german and know the league and culture. It wouldn't make much sense to sign players outside of the league, unless they are special players like Thiago, Javi or Robben.

Not to mention Lewa is better striker than Suárez and Gotze > Neymar any day.

Marc

I hope Shaw makes the right choice and goes to Liverpool, Rodgers would turn him into a world class fullback and would blossom with that football. Chelsea kills young players and have no interest in development. Moyes will just teach him how to cross better.

Loving infamous, wooden is on crack, hates way too much cool stuff. :) Almost at the end and having loads of fun, neon by far the best power, getting infinite running was a blast.

Swearing is fantastic.

No shit?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lewy is brilliant, a vast improvement over Mario (both Marios lol). And he's what...25?

Buying Gotze made no (sporting) sense though.

Jack cw

Infamous SS is great.

It wouldn't make any sense to go for Neymar or Suárez. They don't speak german, they would have to get used to the league and to the culture of the country, and they have inflated prices and wages.

Players in the bundesliga don't have inflated prices (exception: Gotze) and they speak german and know the league and culture. It wouldn't make much sense to sign players outside of the league, unless they are special players like Thiago, Javi or Robben.

Not to mention Lewa is better striker than Suárez and Gotze > Neymar any day.
And that is exactly my point. Bayerns board is stating this when asked. Bundesliga experienced and cheaper. Its legit, ok but the downside is that clubs get weaker and the competition is gone. A Dortmund with Götze and Lewandowski could crush us while the current team is getting a beating. Its a two edged sword I'm afraid, and I'm glad we got both of them, it feels like cheating to me.

Scum

Add to me to the list of people who think Infamous SS is meh

Repeat what I said before;

Gorgeeeeous game, but as a terrifyingly dull open world one. Side activities even Ubisoft would find insultingly repetitive, empty, soulless world. Gameplay is ok (middle two powers the best), but lack of enemy variety means it quickly boils down to the same thing time and time again.

It's good, utterly fine but nowt to write home about. 6-7/10 seems spot on.

--

GIVE UP CRICKET ENGLAND

Let's just stop now

They're still playing cricket. Lol

Jack cw

Lewy is brilliant, a vast improvement over Mario (both Marios lol). And he's what...25?

Well it did partially. We had no capable CAM and even van Gaal was begging for a number 10. He tried to get Ribery into this position and he refused. Pep tried it last summer with him, but we lacked a decent winger instead. Müller is to much of a striker and not technially skilled enough for that position and Kroos is a holding midfielder in the centre. It made sense to buy Götze in that regard. And the squad is highly occupied now. Thiago out for the season is hard to swallow but knowing that Götze and Kroos are there as replacement is the key to defend the title.

Jack cw

Jack. I miss on on weekends on Football GAF

but i also know that other things have priority hehe.
I try to be here more often if my kids let me :D
And I'm more the type of person who watches the game entirely and posting afterwards.

Did he improve Bayern? No.

did he make a huge impact on their results this season? No.

he'll improve under the guidance of Pep next season.

Thats what the stats say, but what they didnt say is that he was injured and wasnt able to prepare in pre season and came in sometime in fall. He will explode soon, you can see and feel it, but it takes a bit time.

One of the only Copenhagen players showing some will injured for what seems like the rest of the season... He joins our only winger worth a damn on the injury bench.... At this rate we will be lucky to get Europa League qualification. Maybe for the better, concentrate on the league this time and rebuild the squad.

Rurik Gislason even did a Moyes after the match yesterday, with tears in his eyes "i don't know what we have to do to win".

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Third-highest rating for a Munich player? WhoScored is a shit website. He's had a decent season and as Thiago he's added some welcome flexibility. I don't think we have any single field player right now that's making a huge impact.

Many see in Götze the biggest German talent in years. Weakening Dortmund was probably welcome as well.

the ratings mean nothing. Because they don't take the impact of his goals or assists into consideration. Scoring the 7th goal equals breaking the deadlock. :/

Just use whoscored (which is basically Opta) for stats.

Hixx

Do any of you cool cats suffer from gout?

I'm walking like the fucking tin man atm because I have it in instep/big toe.

I sit in row 41 or so at the SoL so I don't know whether to go.

Physical agony and probably mental agony when we dont win or just horrible nerves watching the build up on TV met by mental agony when we don't win. I can't even drink as apparently it makes it worse.

It's lose/lose whichever I decide :(

Elchele

yep, that was just Uli fucking Dortmund over. No doubt about it
worst Bayern transfer since Breno. His wages are absurd

Jack cw

especially since years he only gives interviews which are 100% political correct. would rather hear many more interviews with müller.
Yes. That guy is so tiresome and boring with his statements. Always the same shit a million times.
yep, that was just Uli fucking Dortmund over. No doubt about it
worst Bayern transfer since Breno. His wages are absurd
Oh cmon. Breno was just a bad footballer. His wages were rather low. Götze is incredibly skilled and scored some key goals this season. Your one liners get a bit daft lately.
He's captain, isn't he?
Being captain obvious and repeating phrases is pretty boring. You should shut up if you have nothing to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom