• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Just read Moyes' comments about Kagawa. Hopefully David makes the right call and plays him.

Throw Adnan on in the 2nd half and let him have a run at the Bayern defence.

GorillaJu

I understand the frustration with Moyes. Replacing Ferguson was always going to be hard. The guy hasn't barely had a chance to make his mark on the club. At least give him the summer to flush out the old guard, and get his targets in who play his style of football. Then, come November or December if things still aren't going well, you can fire him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Quoting for Laboured and Arnie
May the Bavarian Lion awake tomorrow. He was born for the big stage. He was made for the spotlight. The world will look on the greatest players. The stage is straight out of a dream. the eternity awaits. the theatre will glow. the shades of the past will once more look on the stage. only one thing is not ready yet. the story yet not been written.

The Bavarian lion is proud and will not fail under the pressure of 70.000s screaming, yelling and supporting fighters who will try everything to change the theatre into hell.

The stage is set, the people are waiting.

Lion, Rise.

It's your time.

shit just got real.

Eternity Awaits sounds like an RPG title :lol

INTERRRRR

What a way to fuck it up. God, fucking team is so bad

Welcome back!

Salvadora

Interesting to note that Chelsea's goal difference doesn't improve when they drop points Moyes is actually in a stronger position now than he was earlier in the year.

He's there to stay, like I predicted.

Slizz

I understand the frustration with Moyes. Replacing Ferguson was always going to be hard. The guy hasn't barely had a chance to make his mark on the club. At least give him the summer to flush out the old guard, and get his targets in who play his style of football. Then, come November or December if things still aren't going well, you can fire him.

But you already know nothing will change, we already know nothing will change and it makes it that much more frustrating.

GorillaJu

United are going to have a positive performance against Bayern (they'll still lose), then go on a run of good results before the end of the season. It'll buy Moyes some more time.

I mean you guys saw how the fans were behind him at the game this weekend, right? Clearly the majority of United fans aren't part of this vocal "Moyes Out" movement.

Slizz I'm just being a dick man. For the good of Manchester, Moyes must be purged

Splatt

iis8ayLf4YH2E.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man United 0 - 5 Bayern Munich
Barcelona 2 - 0 Atletico
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Dortmund
PSG 1 - 1 Chelsea

Salvadora

Where do you get that from?
From looking at this season's results, performances, the club's reaction to it and the resurgence in pro-Moyes sentiment among the fans.

His job security doesn't seem to be tied to any tangible performance related standards, but rather a mistaken belief in the concept of giving a manager 'time' just for the sake of it. For that reason, why should any future results make the blind bit of difference.

bud23

May the Bavarian Lion awake tomorrow. He was born for the big stage. He was made for the spotlight. The world will look on the greatest players. The stage is straight out of a dream. the eternity awaits. the theatre will glow. the shades of the past will once more look on the stage. only one thing is not ready yet. the story yet not been written.

The Bavarian lion is proud and will not fail under the pressure of 70.000s screaming, yelling and supporting fighters who will try everything to change the theatre into hell.

The stage is set, the people are waiting.

Lion, Rise.

It's your time.

Are you okay, baby? Post if you're ok. A photo of Schweinsteiger, preferably. Cause I can’t get enough of that man. No.

Moyes, it's your time. Fuck Bayern.

There is no way PSG beats us on Wednesday. Mourinho will find a way because honestly, PSG is a pretty poor "team". Nice individual talent but what I've seen from them is they are not consistent and a lot of the times their opponents dictate how the game is played.

Give us Matuidi and Cavani pls

Clegg

From looking at this season's results, performances, the club's reaction to it and the resurgence in pro-Moyes sentiment among the fans.

His job security doesn't seem to be tied to any tangible performance related standards, but rather a mistaken belief in the concept of giving a manager 'time' just for the sake of it.
The club haven't outwardly reacted to anything. It's all been kept in house for this long. Things only really started getting bad in January and by then there was no point in sacking. Personally, I don't think he's been weaker at any stage of his tenure. Embarrassed by rival clubs, falling out with players and fan sentiment the only thing keeping his head above the water. And even then it's dubious as to how much support he actually has amongst fans. There's the feeling going around that a lot of the cheering for Moyes was a backlash against the mongs who flew that banner.

His job security is most certainly tied to performance standards. And every line we've had from United is that they'd give him time. But things have changed a bit now. Players aren't playing for him and he doesn't seem to grasp that he's at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He's spent £65m on two players and hasn't gotten the best out of either. Big doubts over whether he can recruit well enough and then get them playing how he wants.

subtles

Good shout lads.

There are twice as many foreign players as Brits in the Premier League (the split is roughly two-thirds to one-third).

As studious as he is, how can you expect Moyes to deal with this?

I get the feeling Moyes is now fighting for his job.

That suggests to me he knows he's in danger. And of course he is. Whether it's real real danger or not we will see.

No decision will be taken or even suggested until it is confirmed we won't be making the CL next season though.

Scum

Morning, cunts.

Man United 2 - 4 Bayern Munich
Barcelona 3 - 2 Atletico
Real Madrid 3 - 1 Dortmund
PSG 2 - 2 Chelsea

Don't mind them, Milch. Enjoy your games. :D

pulga

Banned
Holy fuck, a girl who was one year under me in school and used to date a friend of mine has been apprehended in Argentina for a double homicide (her husband and lawyer). 22 years old. What the fuuuuuuuuuck hahahahah

Scum

The only way we stay up now is by beating Spurs and getting at least a point vs Everton because we won't get anything from Etihad or SB.

If we lose either of the next two it's curtains.

Though I think we are now down. Getting beat off West Ham at home is disgusting.

You say that like it's a difficult task.

arkon

Holy fuck, a girl who was one year under me in school and used to date a friend of mine has been apprehended in Argentina for a double homicide (her husband and lawyer). 22 years old. What the fuuuuuuuuuck hahahahah

That's no laughing matter. Jesus.

pulga

Banned
I bet his friend is quite happy about this.

Pulg, how did she kill them? :/ what the fuck, she's too young..

I have no idea, I just found out about this 10 minutes ago!

World is cray cray. I wonder if jupp was harboring her.

Is she cute and would she need a prison husbando?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, pls. Why aren't Juve league champions already?

because we're lazy cunts, basically. We're waiting for the easier games (5 in a row coming up) to step on the pedal.

The league is already won to be honest. Not even Moyes could fuck this run up.

edit: Okay so maybe he could, I don't know.

Carbonox

Just finished Game of Thrones season 2. Fuck, I might like this even more than the first.

Dat
warlock
scene in the finale, coupled with
Dany commanding her dragons to set fire to the creepy cunt
who's sucked too many blueblerry lollies. Loved that shit. Made me want to see her wreck shit with them in Westeros.

Then there was that absolute final scene with the
whitewalker king
. Yes YES. Give it to me.

I want to buy that Jaqen lad a pint. Love him. Top 5 character of the show for me. He best be in seasons 3 and beyond. He somewhat makes up for the lack of Osvaldo.

Can't wait for Season 3 going by the many plot lines Season 2 has spun. Love how they've pretty much forgotten about Robb now. :lol He seems so insignificant compared to the other characters and the assumption of where the plot will go.

I hope
Jon
bangs that redhead chick though. She has that weird bangable look about her. Like your average lass on a night out after you've had one too many VK and think every hole's a goal. But better.

Gah how did it take me this long to get in to this show. Will start Season 3 tomorrow.

Salvadora

The club haven't outwardly reacted to anything. It's all been kept in house for this long. Things only really started getting bad in January and by then there was no point in sacking. Personally, I don't think he's been weaker at any stage of his tenure. Embarrassed by rival clubs, falling out with players and fan sentiment the only thing keeping his head above the water. And even then it's dubious as to how much support he actually has amongst fans. There's the feeling going around that a lot of the cheering for Moyes was a backlash against the mongs who flew that banner.

His job security is most certainly tied to performance standards. And every line we've had from United is that they'd give him time. But things have changed a bit now. Players aren't playing for him and he doesn't seem to grasp that he's at one of the biggest clubs in the world. He's spent £65m on two players and hasn't gotten the best out of either. Big doubts over whether he can recruit well enough and then get them playing how he wants.
Well, United fans yourselves said there's been no briefings of the media regarding Moyes' job security. Charlton's popped up saying they've got every faith in him. No doubt Fergus would say the same. So not much, yeah, but that might be positive regarding his position.

And anyway, the man's an expert in shifting the blame. Nothing you've said about recent events is wrong, but the target (publicly anyway) has rarely been placed on Moyes' head. Ferguson is to blame. The players are to blame. Or so the narrative seems to go anyway.

pulga

Banned
Just finished Game of Thrones season 2. Fuck, I might like this even more than the first.

Dat
warlock
scene in the finale, coupled with
Dany commanding her dragons to set fire to the creepy cunt
who's sucked too many blueblerry lollies. Loved that shit. Made me want to see her wreck shit with them in Westeros.

Then there was that absolute final scene with the
whitewalker king
. Yes YES. Give it to me.

I want to buy that Jaqen lad a pint. Love him. Top 5 character of the show for me. He best be in seasons 3 and beyond. He somewhat makes up for the lack of Osvaldo.

Can't wait for Season 3 going by the many plot lines Season 2 has spun. Love how they've pretty much forgotten about Robb now. :lol He seems so insignificant compared to the other characters and the assumption of where the plot will go.

I hope
Jon
bangs that redhead chick though. She has that weird bangable look about her. Like your average lass on a night out after you've had one too many VK and think every hole's a goal. But better.

Gah how did it take me this long to get in to this show. Will start Season 3 tomorrow.

You know nothing, Carbonox Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom