• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want to buy that Jaqen lad a pint. Love him. Top 5 character of the show for me.

YESSSSS! He's too awesome <3 I only care about him really. Everyone else can die as far I'm as concerned (and they will, I'm sure).
Read too many spoilers on him already, unfortunately. :p

I want his old face back -_-

pulga

Banned
YESSSSS! He's too awesome <3 I only care about him really. Everyone else can die as far I'm as concerned (and they will, I'm sure).
Read too many spoilers on him already, unfortunately. :p

I want his old face back -_-

Please have some mercy on Carbo moonface.jpg

Scum

because we're lazy cunts, basically. We're waiting for the easier games (5 in a row coming up) to step on the pedal.

The league is already won to be honest. Not even Moyes could fuck this run up.

edit: Okay so maybe he could, I don't know.

As long as Tevez rightfully earns his Serie A Player of the Year award. Because it seems like :-

Tevez on the pitch -> GOAT Juve turns up.
Tevez on the golf pitch -> Sherwood Juve shows up.

Salvadora

Any book readers here dislike the show?

I still haven't finished season 3 and lack the motivation to do so. Quality wise, in my mind, it just doesn't stand anywhere near the literary source. Some parts have been excellent and in particular, the casting is exactly how I imagined it more often than not. But I just can't shake the feeling that something is 'off' with it and it really nibbles away at me when I'm watching it.

The Llama

I understand the frustration with Moyes. Replacing Ferguson was always going to be hard. The guy hasn't barely had a chance to make his mark on the club. At least give him the summer to flush out the old guard, and get his targets in who play his style of football. Then, come November or December if things still aren't going well, you can fire him.

Nah, need to give him at least through next January. He needs time and plenty of transfer windows to get his players in.

faridmon

Holy fuck, a girl who was one year under me in school and used to date a friend of mine has been apprehended in Argentina for a double homicide (her husband and lawyer). 22 years old. What the fuuuuuuuuuck hahahahah

Holy Shit

Who the fuck are these people you hang out with?

pulga

Banned

I still haven't finished season 3 and lack the motivation to do so. Quality wise, in my mind, it just doesn't stand anywhere near the literary source. Some parts have been excellent and in particular, the casting is exactly how I imagined it more often than not. But I just can't shake the feeling that something is 'off' with it and it really nibbles away at me when I'm watching it.

Show is a great adaptation. It will never, ever be as good as the books nor as good as other shows because of the vast amount of characters and plotlines it has to juggle. To me it's really amazing what they've done with a supposedly unfilmable book series. Can't really ask for more!

arkon

Haven't been watching the show but I'd guess more episodes per season and a bigger budget would be things I'd add just from hearing what some book readers think of the series. Obviously that's in an ideal world.

Yen

I understand the frustration with Moyes. Replacing Ferguson was always going to be hard. The guy hasn't barely had a chance to make his mark on the club. At least give him the summer to flush out the old guard, and get his targets in who play his style of football. Then, come November or December if things still aren't going well, you can fire him.

Manchester_Fan.jpg

GorillaJu

I actually disagree in that I think the show is well exciting for the format but the books are just way too fucking long, with pointless exposition, needless convolution and characters that are so silly it hurts any sense of verisimilitude. I think the show does a good job of intensifying the books' strong elements and blunting the pointless excesses.

What a game for Málaga today: we were losing 1-0 at minute 83 and then we scored twice in the last 7 minutes, and then Betis missed a penalty.

People who didn't abandon that show yet, deserve the shit they got. The show has been shit for a while guys, just like Dexter, I must admit I tuned in to the final of that just to laugh.

Slizz

People who didn't abandon that show yet, deserve the shit they got. The show has been shit for a while guys, just like Dexter, I must admit I tuned in to the final of that just to laugh.

Lol, I did the exact thing, coupled with the thread made it really enjoyable.

FootballFan

Man Utd 0 - 3 Bayern - Out of respect Pep will limit the humiliation.
Real Madrid 2 - 1 BVB - Madrid Cabron saluda al campeon
6-0
PSG 3 - 0 Chelsea - Ibrahimovic masterclass.

Game of Thrones

Season 4 is less than a week away. Should be good.
GRRM have mercy on us.

Wilbur

Banned
I never cared much for HIMYM. Even the first few seasons are just watchable, I just put them on Netflix as I went to sleep.

But this sounds great.

Elchele

Holy fuck, a girl who was one year under me in school and used to date a friend of mine has been apprehended in Argentina for a double homicide (her husband and lawyer). 22 years old. What the fuuuuuuuuuck hahahahah

Please, it's hilarious to me that a girl we used to call "Chicken Finger" is out of the fucking blue now a wanted Interpol criminal. You can't make this shit up.

I have no idea, I just found out about this 10 minutes ago!

World is cray cray. I wonder if jupp was harboring her.

¿Por qué Chicken Finger? You should send that shit to La Prensa/El Tiempo/Terra hopefully it will stick and get called the Laura the 'Chicken Finger' murderer

Scum

I've been watching Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Someone please tell me I've missed out on an awesome Batman adaptation, so that I can go visit ComiXology.

subtles

I remember changing the channel the first time I stumbled across one of the episodes a long time ago. I hated the main character.

The fallout is glorious.

Wilbur

Banned

Sorry, I don't understand what you said :lol

"I've been watching Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Someone please tell me I've missed out on an awesome Batman adaptation, so that I can go visit ComiXology"

I assumed this meant you didn't know if this was a comic or not, and if it was to tell you so you can go read it

im confused
scum

help

GQman2121

Banned
First season was really good. These last ones have been terrible.

Comedy is either hit or miss with me. The only new shows I've really thought highly of over the last few years is Bitch in Apt. 23 and Happy Endings, both on ABC. That show was fucking amazing on so many levels. Damn shame neither could hold on to an audience.

Not as good as the books obviously but a good adaptation nonetheless. Casting is mostly good but there are some missteps like Stannis, for example. Thought Ramsay was perfectly cast however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom