• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

iAYMXJVcuFLT0.gif

i just realized u guys are playing today as well. barca gaf were so quiet about it :O

FootballFan

so todays is april 1st and we're playing manchester.

if we lose todays its gonna be the biggest joke of them all.

Pep got this. I really do not see how you could lose this.

Unless of course that scenario I mentioned a few days ago plays out.

Early red card + penalty for Manchester United. I've seen stranger things happen in football over the years.

Blablurn

If we win I would probably be depressed since it could mean Moyes has a higher chance to stay.

Mixed feelings man. Mixed.

I didn't expect so many ManU Fans to turn against Moyes. I mean, it's understandable. No doubt. But I thought considering the history will support him much longer.

But I think dropping out of the CL now won't matter that much anymore. It would have mattered if they had lost against Olympiacos. But in case Bayern wins this tie they will say "everyone can lose against Bayern" and Moyes will stay. I doubt he will leave this season unless something really, really happens inside the locker room for example.

Pep got this. I really do not see how you could lose this.

Unless of course that scenario I mentioned a few days ago plays out.

Early red card + penalty for Manchester United. I've seen stranger things happen in football over the years.

agreed. that would suck big time. but since rafinha won't be playing i'm pretty confident about todays defense. i hope martinez plays as CB again

Bla, know that in my heart nothing would make me happier than seeing Utd on the wrong end of some Bayern stompy fun time. But my practical half says if they win this, it will extend the Moychester generation, which is ultimately better for my black, schadenfreude-laden heart.

thats what i call a win win situation hehe

GorillaJu

so todays is april 1st and we're playing manchester.

if we lose todays its gonna be the biggest joke of them all.

Bla, know that in my heart nothing would make me happier than seeing Utd on the wrong end of some Bayern stompy fun time. But my practical half says if they win this, it will extend the Moychester generation, which is ultimately better for my black, schadenfreude-laden heart.

Zabojnik

The Good Wife looks so bad. :( I've heard it's decent but I doubt we'll watch it until it's over if at all.

*smh* It's leagues above both Bones (watched a couple of seasons, it was decent at best, the two leads can't act) and The Following (suffered through S1, it's so badly written that I can only see someone watching it ironically). I'd go so far to say that The Good Wife is the best drama on network television after Hannibal. A legal drama done right.

Meier pls.

I didn't expect so many ManU Fans to turn against Moyes. I mean, it's understandable. No doubt. But I thought considering the history will support him much longer.

It's not about losing that we got pissed at him about, but on our state of play, his strategic and line up choices.

I mean really, going for 82 crosses against Hull? What the hell was that? Not using Kagawa when Young has been shit over and over and over for the past few games, and his inane remarks after games just pissed us off.

I was in the Moyes camp for the better part of the season. A lot of us were. We just realised too late that he was a shitty manager to stand by with.

subtles

"He invited me to a super restaurant (in New York). It was a friendly dinner, like always. He was so gentle and we spent a very good time together."
"My English is not so good and when Sir Alex spoke quickly I didn't understand him so maybe I didn't understand if I received an offer or not!"

I wonder if Ferguson told him about the retirement.

Blablurn

Good question... Let's see...

--------------------Neuer

Lahm - Martinez - Boateng - Alaba

-----------LordSchwein - Kroos --------

---Robben --- Müller-----Ribery

-------------------Götze--------------

Either like this or Mandzu will play upfront and Götze behind him. Pep didn't start Müller against Arsenal either. So let's see what he will do today.

dc89

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/March/Moon-Slide-announcement

No one can accuse Manchester City of not recognising something ground-breaking and exciting when we see it.

So when we clapped eyes on the ‘The Orbit’, the iconic centrepiece and major talking point at the London 2012 Olympics, we knew we wanted to create our very own Northern version.

Yesterday’s thumbs up allowing us to move forward with our Etihad Stadium South Stand expansion was just the encouragement we needed.

Our inspiration, The ArcelorMittal Orbit Tower in Stratford, was designed by the renowned artist Anish Kapoor in conjunction with the structural designer Cecil Balmond.

Since the Games the 1,012’ tower has become a vibrant tourist attraction in its own right.

Now though Orbit is about to have a rival tentatively dubbed ‘The MoonSlide’ and the work of rising Asian architectural superstar Flora Pi Lo.

Incorporated in the design for the new South Stand, Lo’s seminal work will be a towering 1,204 feet and will be put to practical use on match days as well as being available for use on non-match days. It will be one of the interactive centre-pieces of the Etihad Campus incorporating the City Football Academy.

“I took my inspiration from many places but this will be a unique attraction,” declared 27-year-old Lo who called the Moon Slide her greatest test to date.

“I am sure City fans will love it. If they are feeling brave and up for a challenge then they can exit the stadium via the vast slide free of charge as part of the ticket price.

“At other times it will be a tourist attraction on a par with the great fun rides of the world.

“There is a touch of the Carsten Holler slide that some people might remember from the Turbine Hall space at the Tate Modern though ours will be longer and the drops more severe. Think a mix of that Holler creation and the Wild Wadi Waterpark in Dubai – without the water.”

The man responsible for overseeing the building of the slide and it blending in where possible is Peter Bradshaw, Head of Infrastructure Develop/Corp Responsibility.

“We have been working with our building partners and our friends at the City Council on what I am sure will be a stellar attraction not just for Manchester but for the whole of the North West,” he declared.

“The structure is unique in that it looks like one tall storey but is put together like a jigsaw. Flora’s design is immense. We are sure it is going to work and that the fans will like it and if it proves a success we might incorporate a smaller version at the North Stand end for our younger fans though they can use the big slide if with an adult.

“The great thing about the design is that it blends in perfectly with the original egress spirals at the stadium.

“It has been quite a stress maintaining secrecy but I’d like to thank everyone who has managed to keep it quiet.”

The Moon Slide is set to open in the Spring of 2015. A ride will take approximately 25 seconds. Sliders will be conveyed down on bespoke MoonBuggies and use a ‘payment token’ system called MoonRocks. Some of these will be provided free of charge via membership schemes.

MoonSlide1.ashx

;)

Carbonox

So Stannis is supposed to be a billion times more awesome in the books than in the show? Cos all I see is a guy who's hyped up by the other characters, a bit of a nutter but otherwise a total flid.

On Person of Interest: I watched the first few episodes of season 3 but ended up stopping watching it. Loved the first 2 seasons but I find these 22 episode or whatever shows incredibly tiring to keep up with now, as awesome as Jim Caviezel's character is.

Carbonox

I'm 4-5 episodes in to season 1 and it's already a tiring formula. Does POI get better?

Every episode is the same thing with the main plot throwing little tidbits every now and then building up to some reveal or major event. This aspect of the show is far more interesting than the target of the week stuff, though there are many episodes that have interesting little arcs for the target.

I liked the first season and the second one was really good as well.

Mastadon

Banned
I'm 4-5 episodes in to season 1 and it's already a tiring formula. Does POI get better?

Yeah it gets a lot better, stick with it for a couple more episodes.

I also echo what Zabo said about The Good Wife. Do yourself a favour and watch it, it's excellent.

The history stuff was a fallacy propogated by a bunch of idiots who'd never had to stand by their manager in their lifetime, since Ferguson is the GOAT and had never really let them down.

De Gea should have saved that free kick
Benteke is proper shite

Real shame that tonight's matches are on at the same time. Both will be crackers, for entirely different reasons.

Clegg

Bla I'm saddened to see you turn into a one note troll poster.

You have to go back to the good days.

The Kojima days.

I know.

The better April Fools joke would be them trying to justify adding another 15000 to their attendance.

Is it fair to say that they're expanding in the hopes of finding 20,000 glory-hunters to fill it out at some point?

(20,000 since they don't fill the Etihad as it is)

Clegg

Is it fair to say that they're expanding in the hopes of finding 20,000 glory-hunters to fill it out at some point?

(20,000 since they don't fill the Etihad as it is)
That's exactly what they're aiming to do. It's funny because

1) Their fans have laughed at the 'plastics' at United for years but now they're copying the same strategy and now its magically OK.

2) Nobody has a clue how they'll actually sell the stadium out.

subtles

I don't know if my love for computers/programming skew my opinion somewhat but I do enjoy it immensely.

Finally finished the first season of Hannibal, can't wait to get into the second.

confuziz

Banned
Not sure if posted yet but according to the former owner of Vitesse (Jordania), his club wasn't allowed to grab the title (and join the CL), because of pressure from Chelsea. That's why they had to sell Bony and V. Ginkel to make sure the squad wouldn't be strong enough.

Chelsea thinks the UEFA would question the ownership of Chelsea and Vitesse (and their 'partnership') and this would cause many problems for them.

:lol

That's exactly what they're aiming to do. It's funny because

1) Their fans have laughed at the 'plastics' at United for years but now they're copying the same strategy and now its magically OK.

2) Nobody has a clue how they'll actually sell the stadium out.

They'll probaby tell FFP that they're selling the tickets for £100 a pop, and the fans aren't turning up. Sneaky bastards :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If he does come to Spurs, Standard Sport understands that Van Gaal would not seek to effect sweeping changes, as he believes strongly that his coaching methods are sound enough to improve most players, especially young ones.

This standpoint contrasts with that of Sherwood, who would be keen to overhaul the current squad should he retain the faith of Levy beyond the end of the current campaign. Of the seven signings made last summer, at a cost of more than £100million, Sherwood rates only one – Christian Eriksen – highly. He is thought to be willing to ship out the other six, as well as Lewis Holtby, and replace them with players who have more experience of the Premier League.

That sounds good. The last thing we need to do is overhaul the squad again, if Sherwood can't make an effective team out of a shitload of international players then I don't want him spending money. We need to look at Liverpool and get the most out of what we've got before we start splashing the cash. Bale's replacement hasn't even played.

Blablurn

Bla I'm saddened to see you turn into a one note troll poster.

You have to go back to the good days.

The Kojima days.

This is really getting annoying. Really.

And it's probably the last time I will comment on it. I'm not sure what picture you guys have of me but I'm sure that I havent changed much. I don't insult people. I just make some random stuff here and there which is still related to the sports of football. I guess the fact that i do post my stuff throughout the day and not at night changes the perspective for some. I don't insult people and to be honest, I like the people here. I don't have anything against Lambda, Wilbur or even Pulga (even if some discussions come up from time to time but thats what we're here for anyway, right).

And let's face it: Many people write stupid stuff here. Often. And that includes me too. But I don't get why people keep saying I have changed from a good poster to a bad poster lol.

When I look back at the old threads (where many of you guys weren't there) I see a Blablurn who only spammed BAAAAYEEERN and didnt care about the other teams. I didnt care about EPL or the other leagues. The only thing that has changed is my general interest for european football. And this happened due to this thread :)

So, sorry, if you don't like my random stuff here and there but it's surely not like I go for it 24/7. I think I had enough normal discussions in this thread already and I surely don't need to prove that I'm not a troll haha. Oh my.

Anyway, I think I even changed in the last years. I doubt old Blablurn would have enjoyed Milchmonsters posts so much as I do now :p

If you don't like my posts, put me on the ignore list. But guys pls, stop writing I was a better poster in the past :D No idea who came up with that idea.

Linius

Merab Jordania with his hearth breaking story about Vitesse in the papers this morning. 'London' (Chelski) didn't allow Vitesse to go for the league title.

Well that explains why we managed to snatch it three times in a row then. Thanks Chelsea!

Carbonox

I love Blaburn :( I want his babies and everything though if we can set one aside called Joffrey so I can beat him, that would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom