• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
if you saw the last bayern games everyone saw that there is one strategy to survive against this team. hard pressing from the very first minute. starting in the bayern half. mainz and hoffenheim did well against us when they did it. lets see if football genious moyes figured out that much.

Our defence will sit very deep and let you run at us, Rio will shank a clearance and Mandzukic will put it in.

subtles

I can't imagine what our pressing would have been like over 90 minutes if we had Costa in the team. He's having an amazing season.

Blablurn

Pretty much the blueprint on how to beat Bayern. Pressing from the very first minute and using your chances, e.g. via counter attacks.

of course many teams stopped playing like this around the 50 or 60th minute. hoffenheim was really the only team who didnt stop.

Jack cw

Pretty much the blueprint on how to beat Bayern. Pressing from the very first minute and using your chances, e.g. via counter attacks.

Basically what Dortmund playes against us for 3 years. Last year we struggled against teams with the same tactics. The problem with high pressing is, if our precision in passing stays intact, its only a matter of time before fatigue comes in within the opposition and Bayern starts scoring. We were still precise against Mainz, our B squad against Hoffenheim not so much, thats why we didnt look so hot.

They'd both be brilliant but Costa's absolutely a Mou player. Closest thing to Drogba around at the moment. Would probably cost 15m less as well (not that Chelsea probably give a fuck)

Costa has had one good season.

Cavani is God.

I don't know how else to put this.

You gotta love the enthusiasm (delusion ?) of Vita owners.

I get nearly all my gaming done on vita these days, but yeah, it's pretty damn dead. But just being able to play a few games like Persona and some PS1 classics is enough for me, with the rather tiny fee I paid for it.

Yeah he is really fucking good isn't he

How much did PSG get him for? I dunno if they'd let him leave already considering Zlatan's getting on

Way too much. Fuck Napoli. Fuck Zamparini.

Carbonox

Why is that? I love my Vita. Best handheld to date.

Now_thats_what_I_call_a_cool_story_bro.gif

Yeah, but do we really need a (quasi) weekly "Vita is so much better than 3DS" or "Vita is not dead guys!!!" thread?

While really liking bravely default, I fucking hate some parts of the 3ds. Nintendo is the fucking worst when it comes to online stuff, I thought Sony were incompetent monkeys ... and well... they are, but Nintendo is just on a whole other level. "Oh you bought a game online? Well that's tied to your handheld now, users? WHAT'S THAT? No we will not put than in".

TeddyBoy

We all know why Suarez has him as his spokesman.

Welcome to Liverpool.

Pls subtles, we have Sturridge.

We could never afford Cavani, besides we need to improve our defence first and foremost.

I can't imagine what our pressing would have been like over 90 minutes if we had Costa in the team. He's having an amazing season.

I do wonder how different our season would of been with Micky or Costa. Micky would of filled a hole in our squad as a recognised CAM but for Costa we've already got two great strikers in Sturridge and Suarez and playing the both as strikers only works in the diamond.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Don't we actually have to think we're half-decent to be humbled?

My thinking goes back many seasons.

As a Chelsea fan since the pre-Abramovich days I'll never get over the fact we're better than United and Arsenal these days :p. It used to be only on FIFA. Now it's reality T_T.

subtles

Think about it Teddy, we can use our CL money to buy all of the decent Strikers in Europe. We can start with Lewa. The Kamikaze nature of our team would be amazing.

Cavani would be great for Chelsea if they can get him for 50m max and offload Torres. Although I think Costa would be better in a Mourinho team tbh.

I don't want to hate Costa more than his footballing personality already necessitates :(

@spidye, trolling doesn't work unless there's a degree of realism to it, like calling Juve corrupt, or saying Bayern are destroying their league

Welbeck doing something productive against Bayern is about as likely as me leaving Sainsbury's before I retire

If I was in charge of that Facebook account, I'd put more effort into it than that :p

Carbonox

I don't want to hate Costa more than his footballing personality already necessitates :(

@spidye, trolling doesn't work unless there's a degree of realism to it, like calling Juve corrupt, or saying Bayern are destroying their league

Welbeck doing something productive against Bayern is about as likely as me leaving Sainsbury's before I retire

If I was in charge of that Facebook account, I'd put more effort into it than that :p

are you gonna grow up to be the ceo of sainsburys

TeddyBoy

Think about it Teddy, we can use our CL money to buy all of the decent Strikers in Europe. We can start with Lewa. The Kamikaze nature of our team would be amazing.

1-0-9 formation... our motto is already outscore the opposition, Rodgers will take it to a whole new level.

The one defender is the red Cafu.

Jack cw

Yeah, but do we really need a (quasi) weekly "Vita is so much better than 3DS" or "Vita is not dead guys!!!" thread?
It might be better, but its only a very niche product and as long as thats ok for Sony this thing will get support. I dont know why gaming side needs this constant flood of doom and gloom topics though.
Now_thats_what_I_call_a_cool_story_bro.gif
Jesus... 100 times more eycancer with OLED.
Who is worse? The A*Teens or Büttner?
Not sure if dutch or german.

subtles

1-0-9 formation... our motto is already outscore the opposition, Rodgers will take it to a whole new level.

The one defender is the red Cafu.

Forget about solidarity and what you think you know about tactics and the inner mechanics of a football team.

Realize the full potential of Gegenpressing and recover the ball high up the pitch.

Imagine if the ball falling to any of your players within 30 yards would result in a goal.

21st century tactics.

Jack cw

When I can still buy the same Vita that was in a local Müller on launch day (more or less at least) in 2014 (now with crossed out original price), it's time to pack out the doom and gloom.

Topo pls. You can buy even Day1 xbones here in Munich... Germany isnt exactly the market for homeconsoles and especially handhelds. I bought mine from a warehouse deal at amazon and I believe many others bought it cheaper online too. Its a device that doesnt cost Sony huge amounts of money and is a nice companion to PS4, and especially as a dad this handheld is actually the gaming device I play the most. Pls understand.

I just don't see the need for Vita owners to regularly express that notion. I gotta look up later how many "Vita is superior" threads we've had in the past months. I could've sworn we've had a lot of those. Not even Wii U owners are that stubborn.

Wii U owners are worse. They are in every single fucking multiplatform game thread complaining it won't come to their system.

AAAAAAAAARHG

But yeah, Vita owners trying to constantly tell everyone how much better it is, can be annoying.

Someone never owned a PSP

I did and didn't play nearly as much on it. Actually kind of hated it.

dc89

Just heard Pep speaking in English. You can't tell me he learned to speak English to go and coach in Germany.

He will rightfully take over from the Engineer one day, it is known. Keep him safe until then Bayern.

Feorax

So apparently, if we win the league, Portsmouth get £1 million due to a clause in Glen Johnson's contract.

They could probably do with that to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom