• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
During swingers parties. It's considered uncouth.

Oft have I run around naked at swinger parties loudly proclaiming myself the 'fuck master', whilst challenging others to jousting (read: docking) competitions, and not once have I been referred to as uncouth.

You sir have been going to the wrong (read: right) swinger parties.

How is it uninteresting? The dirty secret that most people want to ignore is that City have the most loyal fans in the top flight.

wut

How can you possibly measure that?

Old Trafford is still selling out (or at least nearly selling out) even though nobody is enjoying watching them, they have a capacity of 75,000 fans,and they've suddenly gone from being the best in the country, to the seventh best.

That's as reliable a metric as most season-tickets used over 25 years

Jack cw

I didn't like Dark Souls DLC that much. New areas were too simple and boring and you couldn't really explore them as much as you could other areas in the main game. Enemies and characters weren't anything special either and even though Artorias is definitely one of the best boss fights in the whole game I'm not sure if that boss fight made it worth it.

And if we want to talk about best thing From has ever created, there is only one answer.
Demon's Souls

Hehe, yes exploring isnt the main focus, but the setting is amazing. You can really see the downfall of the kingdom until you explore the heart of darkness. Bosses were all amazing.

Zabojnik

Hehe, yes exploring isnt the main focus, but the setting is amazing. You can really see the downfall of the kingdom until you explore the heart of darkness. Bosses were all amazing.

It's just too bad the game does such a FUCKING TERRIBLE job presenting its lore.

Sneds

wut

How can you possibly measure that?

Old Trafford is still selling out (or at least nearly selling out) even though nobody is enjoying watching them, they have a capacity of 75,000 fans,and they've suddenly gone from being the best in the country, to the seventh best.

That's as reliable a metric as most season-tickets used over 25 years

25 years vs one season.

Jack cw

It's just too bad the game does such a FUCKING TERRIBLE job presenting its lore.

Indeed but its enough to let your imagination do the work and frankly I like it that way. If it was presented with cinematics it would take away the magic. Maybe I'm too conservative but thats how I learned to love the Souls series.

Mastadon

Banned
Oft have I run around naked at swinger parties loudly proclaiming myself the 'fuck master', whilst challenging others to jousting (read: docking) competitions, and not once have I been referred to as uncouth.

You sir have been going to the wrong (read: right) swinger parties.

Is there such thing as a 'wrong' swingers party?

Wilbur

Banned
That City fans are more likely to continue going to games throughout their lives than other fans.

A small section of City fans that can afford season tickets and are lucky enough not to be on a waiting list.

It's not really something you can measure.

Again, how is it a metric?

The very existence of the non-fixed price relegates it to uselessness as far as I can tell with my rudimentary knowledge of maths and logic.

How many fans of how many PL clubs over the last 25 years have simply been priced out of keeping hold of their season tickets? Have City's season tickets been consistently priced in contrast?

pulga

Banned
peggy.jpg

bwahahahahaha

yes moyes

Hixx

Surely loyalty is success (or lack of):support

We get 40k.

We've won nothing for nearly half a century.
Our best finish POST FUCKING WAR is 7th in the top league.
We've been in one cup final in the last 20 years.

Ergo our ratio is INFINITY PERCENT

The Scum get 48k.

They've won nothing for half a century.
Mind they've had regular European football and CL campaigns and drew in the window lickers with their 'Entertainers' Sky rimming
Dunno bout cup finals coz I dont care

Ergo their ratio is LESS THAN SUNDERLAND PERCENT

Meier

How do you even judge such a thing?

I think you could go describe it in any number of ways (the fans sticking with the team during the decline and the return) but specifically by this metric: https://twitter.com/BarclaysFooty/status/416244532364062720.
.@MCFC fans – 55% have attended games for over 25 years, the highest number in the #BPL #YouAreFootball
And that's a pretty good one. Probably the best that can be quantified.

ThinOblongIberianlynx.gif

pulga

Banned
i fucking hate never knowing what the cunt hipster pep is gonna sling out as a formation today

cant fucking do my fantasy team like this

IS KROOS GONNA PLAY OR WHAT

arkon

i fucking hate never knowing what the cunt hipster pep is gonna sling out as a formation today

Kroos is going to score a hat-trick before halftime and then sign his new contract in the interval.

Marc

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSuNuQAgHA

Gonna try and mingle with some Germans soon

What just happened?!

Voice of an angel though, bet you call people cunts all the time and they just squeeze your cheek and let you run on your merry way. Which cheek is up for debate.

As for City, if they are sticking with The Engineer and can keep scoring loads of goals for a few seasons it should start to attract the odd neutral. Not sure if they will pull in tourists unless they can leach off the Old Trafford crowd. Not sure they will want to watch more football after getting their eyes melted by MoyesBall.

I would utterly fucking love it if in the ultimate act of hipsterdom, Pep fields a 5 man team and they still batter us.

I want to see Moyes cry.

Zabojnik

Indeed but its enough to let your imagination do the work and frankly I like it that way. If it was presented with cinematics it would take away the magic. Maybe I'm too conservative but thats how I learned to love the Souls series.

In a way, I agree. But I still find it ridiculous that even after you've explored nearly everything, you still have no idea who most of these bosses / characters really are or were. Some of them I wikied / googled and found out about only because my mentor Yurt told me to do so. And I was like "He what?! That's fucking awesome!!" It's not like they have to turn the series into MGS or anything. Just leave some PROPER hints in the world, ffs. Like books / scripts you can read or whatever. Worked perfectly fine for AD&D-style crpgs, don't see why it wouldn't for DS. The magic would still be there.

Marc

Gazette best youngster's in Europe.

BkIzSrWIcAALNLX.jpg

Lack of Pogba (best young player in the world) and Sterling (better than Defalou)

Barkley > Deulofeu

Sterling > Adnan

And just where the fuck is Danny Welbeck!

Wish McEachran was still in the mix. :(

BkIzSrWIcAALNLX.jpg

Lack of Pogba (best young player in the world) and Sterling (better than Defalou)

Two Chelsea players, I will take it.

Seems like they cut the "young" at 20 years? Which would explain no Pogba.

Edit : and Jese and Isco.

Although no Jese would also be explained by him not being that good.

Piazon is going to tear the Premiership up next season with Chelsea.

and by Premiership I mean some other poo league in Europe and by Chelsea I mean loaned until contract expires.

Barkley > Deulofeu

Sterling > Adnan

And just where the fuck is Danny Welbeck!

Wish McEachran was still in the mix. :(

McEachran was never gonna be in the mix. Not because of his ability, but because of the club he came through. Him and Chalobah should have been pushing to leave Chelsea asap. It's all well and good being on loan, but it can't help plying your trade at a club you're not employed by, never knowing where exactly your future lies, and having your parent club show very little interest in your development* (as far as I can tell)

*I could be wrong, but I'm not sure they've ever been give the oppurtunity to impress at Chelsea, even by being given an entire preseason or something.

pulga

Banned
Two Chelsea players, I will take it.

Seems like they cut the "young" at 20 years? Which would explain no Pogba.

Edit : and Jese and Isco.

Although no Jese would also be explained by him not being that good.

negrito please, jese is better than that whole lineup

scored at pretty much (every?) single big venue this season

BkIzSrWIcAALNLX.jpg

LOL Piazon, kid's been complete ass since December. I'd say Pogba is too good to be considered a youngster despite his age.

I'd nominate Zivkovic over Piazon but I'm biased as fuck ;)

EDIT: I don't like Deulofeu at all. Every play from him screams "failed Barca youngster" to me.

Piazon is going to tear the Premiership up next season with Chelsea.

and by Premiership I mean some other poo league in Europe and by Chelsea I mean loaned until contract expires.

Chelsea are in many ways the moral champions of the world. Buying all this talent and sending them out on loan, spreading the talent around and developing them well. Do Chelsea charge for this kind of premium service? No, they actually pay millions. It's just the way Roman is, he cares about the youth.

subtles

In a way, I agree. But I still find it ridiculous that even after you've explored nearly everything, you still have no idea who most of these bosses / characters really are or were. Some of them I wikied / googled and found out about only because my mentor Yurt told me to do so. And I was like "He what?! That's fucking awesome!!" It's not like they have to turn the series into MGS or anything. Just leave some PROPER hints in the world, ffs. Like books / scripts you can read or whatever. Worked perfectly fine for AD&D-style crpgs, don't see why it wouldn't for DS. The magic would still be there.

Discovering the lore that way in the game would be amazing. If you put the effort into learning more about the world in Tactics Ogre you see the game in a different light. Even the classes/paths that seem ordinary have a new dimension when looked at this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom