• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadbelly

Banned
Well, on paper Bayern should win this comfortably, but in reality I think Man Utd are capable of causing an upset. The pressure is completely off them and I think they are going to be really up for this match,

halflife3_630.jpg

I love April Fool's.

An injury free United wouldn't pull an upset against Bayern.

A United team with Buttner in and RVP out? The best they can hope for is not to embarrass themselves completely and that Pep can't bother destroying them.

spidye

A United team with Buttner in and RVP out? The best they can hope for is not to embarrass themselves completely and that Pep can't bother destroying them.

I can't tell if you're joking or not but people really should stop underestimating united

I can't tell if you're joking or not but people really should stop underestimating united

I'm not and I'm not sure if you Bayern supporters are trolling or not. They are utter shit and now they have Buttner playing, who is about as good a footballer as a crackhead that hasn't slept for 2 days.

leadbelly

Banned

It's not really whether they will or won't, I just think they are capable of doing so, It depends really on how United approach the match. If they come off the blocks in the first 15 minutes of the match, I think they could have some success. If they simply try to contain Bayern I don't think they have much hope.

Elchele

I think it will be something like this

Neuer
Lahm - Javi - Boateng - Alaba
Schweinsteiger - Kroos
Robben - Gotze - Ribéry
Muller*

or

Neuer
Rafinha - Javi - Boateng - Alaba
Schweinsteiger - Lahm - Kroos
Robben - Muller* - Ribéry

*not really sure if he'll start tho

Scum

Wooden, pls. Brace yourself for lols tonight.

Slizz

I love the 'analysis' from all the Bayern fans. United fans used to do that but to a lesser degree, now we just laugh at ourselves.

TeddyBoy

Wow, they really did make it like an old European night.

I remember not too long ago fans were saying how quiet Anfield had become after Hodgson, even under Dalglish it never quite got back to its best and then plummeted again for 2012 while Dalglish's team faultered and Brendans battleship didn't have any goals to fire it up.

Maybe this is part of the reason we score so many early goals at Anfield, it certainly worked against Spurs!

Full Time DEVILS ‏@FullTimeDEVILS

"Combined United / Bayern XI: DDG, Rafael, Jones, Dante, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Mata; Ribery, Robben; Rooney - #MUFC - Send us yours"

LOL

I just hope it's respectable. Just enough to keep Moyes in. Hell, I'd love it if United won.

Yeah I feel the same.

spidye

I'm not and I'm not sure if you Bayern supporters are trolling or not. They are utter shit and now they have Buttner playing, who is about as good a footballer as a crackhead that hasn't slept for 2 days.

I can only speak for myself but I'm not trolling. I really fear them more than anyone else we faced this season. they have nothing to lose and a lot to prove
this can only be bad for us.
even without RVP and Buttner playing

leadbelly

Banned
United have only beaten Arsenal once. United have failed to beat everyone else in the top 9.

And yet you think United have a chance at beating Bayern?

Still the same team that won the Premier League last year. And in terms of the Champions League last year, they were very much in the match against Real Madrid until the red card.

Of course even then they needed to rebuild the team, and you could say they punched above their weight, but they still managed it.

Still the same team that won the Premier League last year. And in terms of the Champions League last year, were very much in the match against Real Madrid until the red card.

Of course even then they needed to rebuild the team, and you could say they punched above their weight, but they still managed it.

It's not the same team as last year. The players are the same, but the management isn't and it has so far proven it isn't even close to performing at the same level.

leadbelly

Banned
It's not the same team as last year. The players are the same, but the management isn't and it has so far proven it isn't even close to performing at the same level.

Yes, but this is more of a one off match. A chance to play the best team in Europe, where the pressure is completely off them, and I have a feeling the players are really up for. It's a different situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom