• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Stereotypes are bullshit. They seek to stifle individual freedom of expression. For every one that seem to based in some truth truth there are many more that are patently not.

Never have truer words been spoken.

Edward Said innit. Orientalism is a top book if you can slog through it.

--

Another prod to make the UK lot watch Stewart lee's comedy vehicle. Best yet in my humble opinion, and Chris Morris could make Hollyoaks watchable.

rodvik

Of course they fit, they exist for a reason.

The Portuguese are lazy MacGyvers that drink wine with every meal and smack their wives when Benfica loses.
The Germans are inherently evil people with above average efficiency.
The British have bad teeth and speak way too fast for any human outside of their realm to understand them.
The French smoke while drinking coffee. All they eat for breakfast is croissants. They like to shove sex in your face.
The Spanish are dirty human beings, who think they're hot shit because they're the largest country in Iberia. They sleep during the afternoon for some ridiculous reason.
The Russians drink absurd amounts of vodka to deal with the cold and their miserable lives. They're half-drunk most of the time.

These are all true to some extent.

airplane_sunset.jpg

Meier

Portuguese people talk REALLY fast too. We have been hosting a professor from New University of Lisbon for 6 weeks and he's been sitting at another desk in my office and it's amazing how many words he can get out in no time flat. Very loud and animated as well.

It's weird, I had kind of assumed they would share some similiarities to Spanish but not at all. It's a very strange sounding language.

Zabojnik

Portuguese people talk REALLY fast too. We have been hosting a professor from New University of Lisbon for 6 weeks and he's been sitting at another desk in my office and it's amazing how many words he can get out in no time flat. Very loud and animated as well.

It's weird, I had kind of assumed they would share some similiarities to Spanish but not at all. It's a very strange sounding language.

Woah, verging on racism here. Let's knock it down a notch.

I assumed that too. But when I went there it sounded more akin to... German?

That was just me though, don't know about other people.

Meier

Woah, verging on racism here. Let's knock it down a notch.
:O I hope you're kidding. He joked about how fast and loud he talks to someone who was interviewing him earlier today since they couldn't keep up writing notes and asked to record him.

wedward

finally got around to seeing Incendies, great movie.

now I really want to watch Enemy

I have been putting off watching Incendies for way too long.

Currently watching the Colors trilogy. Really enjoyed Blue.

Super nervous for the game tomorrow. We lose and title race is totally over for us. Win and I think we are back in with a shot. Not a very good one, but it's not unthinkable.

bjaelke

‘He [Torres] always spoke very highly about Liverpool,’ says Sturridge. ‘When we were at Chelsea together he would say, “Liverpool are amazing”, and it wasn’t just him — it was Yossi Benayoun as well. They both said, “That club is the best I have played for”.

Praise be Yossi.

GorillaJu

‘He [Torres] always spoke very highly about Liverpool,’ says Sturridge. ‘When we were at Chelsea together he would say, “Liverpool are amazing”, and it wasn’t just him — it was Yossi Benayoun as well. They both said, “That club is the best I have played for”.

Praise be Yossi.

Makes me ashamed when our fans boo Torres.

deroli

In a perfect world Hamburg would play St. Pauli in relegation and lose the decisive match due to a goal in the last minute, subsequently going down to 2nd Bundesliga and forced to file for bankruptcy.

And 4 (four!) St. Pauli players would have to be in an offside position when they score that winning goal, all while the commentator is singing "Lieber Pauli als der HSV". If life was fair...

Salazar

Londoners, how do I - with a minimum of fucking about, get from Soho to Notting Hill. I've walked in the past, and it was knackering.

Tubie

Please, please, please can we have a Madrid - Atleti final? please?

I think Atleti will beat Barca, PSG will beat Chelsea and ManU will beat Bayern.

Yes. Moyes-Boys will beat Bayern Munich.

dc89

Manuel Pellegrini has admitted he is ‘concerned’ about Matija Nastasic’s continued absence from the City team after revealing medical staff don’t know what’s wrong with him. The 20-year-old defender has missed the last eight games with the knee injury he suffered during the 1-0 defeat to Chelsea on February 3.

Pellegrini has twice predicted Nastasic’s return only for the Serbian to remain on the sidelines. And, ahead of the visit of Fulham today, the City manager revealed Nastasic will be out for at least ‘a couple more weeks’.

Pellegrini said: “We are concerned because the doctor doesn’t know what happened with him.

“He made all the exams that he needs but we can’t know what happened with him so we continue taking other opinions. The doctor is in charge of that.

“We don’t know exactly (what the problem is).

“The player feels pain inside the knee but nobody knows about what is that pain.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-pellegrini-confused-matija-nastasics-6863374

Michael Johnson started down this path with ghost injuries...
Please Nasti, don't do this!

i speak lightning fast. to the point i'm not even saying words, just sounds.

i have a feeling in my bones, West Ham wins. Big Sam replaces Moyes next season. United gets relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom