• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Ahh, you might watch the show with bunch of screaming teenagers that might drive you mad and deaf. Went to King Charles gig, oh man, the girls there were just being obnoxious.

I have only felt really out of place at 1 gig before. Vampire Weekend some years back around the time of the Contra release. I think like 80% of the audience were 15-16 year old kids. It was very strange.

doicare

The biggest reason Man Utd find themselves in mid table is because of David Moyes. From his poor tactical knowledge, average game management and his massive focus on physical training it's all come together to form a bit of mess.

The fact that Man Utd have gone from the Dutch style training regime of technical training to one with a heavy focus on conditioning will of no doubt had an impact on the fitness of the players.
Like i've said before there is more to it then just injuries but explain why 2 seasons ago when United lost out to Man City and were still using the 'Dutch' style of training, why did they have just as bad an injury crisis as they've had this season if according to you this years injuries are just down to a moronic new training regime.

Shikabala has been called up for tomorrow´s match against Maritimo. Really hope he gets to play a few minutes, I want to see what the Egipician Magician can do.

dc89

PCHHJVos.jpeg

#5boros1City

I make a request that NYCFC is added to the list of teams in the OP and that I am added as a fan.

Do eet.

Zabojnik

Any of you guys ever been to a funeral where you feel like some of the people are there for the sake of it and for the free food/booze, and don't actually give a fuck about the person who's died?

That's me at most funerals that aren't family/friends related. You've already shown your respect by showing up, why not try to enjoy yourself?

ShogunX

Like i've said before there is more to it then just injuries but explain why 2 seasons ago when United lost out to Man City and were still using the 'Dutch' style of training, why did they have just as bad an injury crisis as they've had this season if according to you this years injuries are just down to a moronic new training regime.

If the team has had a serious injury crisis in two seasons out of three then this whole ''luck'' excuse you throw about on a regular basis is absolute horse shit. Either the squad is full of injury prone players or something is not right behind the scenes with the medical team.

As for the training it's not going to apply to every player but the players who are more likely to get injured will almost certainly not benefit from strict physical training. You only have to look at the way Steven Gerrard is now being handled by Rodgers to see how players are managed. It may be a coincidence but I suspect Van Persie struggling is due to the new training. He doesn't seem the type to benefit from running laps.

Zabojnik

If I saw someone like you at my funeral I'd make sure to haunt you for years.

All jokind aside, I've always felt that funerals should be a celebration of the dead person's life, not the solemn and sometimes macabre ritual that they are, at least in the judeo-christian parts of the world.

doicare

If the team has had a serious injury crisis in two seasons out of three then this whole ''luck'' excuse you throw about on a regular basis is absolute horse shit. Either the squad is full of injury prone players or something is not right behind the scenes with the medical team.

As for the training it's not going to apply to every player but the players who are more likely to get injured will almost certainly not benefit from strict physical training. You only have to look at the way Steven Gerrard is now being handled by Rodgers to see how players are managed. It may be a coincidence but I suspect Van Persie struggling is due to the new training.
Talking about the current squad over the last few years (lets say 6 years) there has only been 2 seasons with a major injury crisis, so 2 out of 6 years isn't terrible. If it happens again next season then yeah something's wrong with the training.

ShogunX

Talking about the current squad over the last few years (lets say 6 years) there has only been 2 seasons with a major injury crisis, so 2 out of 6 years isn't terrible. If it happens again next season then yeah something's wrong with the training.

So in Ferguson's last five years the squad only suffered an injury crisis in one season out of five which was fixed the following season. David Moyes has come in to the club, sacked a lot of Ferguson's staff, intensified the physical side of training and now has suffered an injury crisis. Along with that it would appear that certain players are not happy with Moyes and performances on the pitch have suffered.

Is it really all just ''luck'?

Salvadora

So David Cameron says they haven't ruled out freezing the assets of Abramovich.

Deduct Chelsea's points, please. The Prime Minister can do that, right?

Sport Relief is pretty good so far, can't wait for Prem Mastermind lol.

So David Cameron says they haven't ruled out freezing the assets of Abramovich.

Deduct Chelsea's points, please. The Prime Minister can do that, right?
Remember when they were supposed to be getting a transfer ban for the dodgy Kakuta deal?

Feorax

Looks like we're arranging an end of season friendly v West Ham on the 18th May. Should be good for...

@TonyBarretTimes: @RorySmithTimes Andy Carroll, team mates past & present, a holiday island & an end of season friendly. What could possibly go wrong?

Oh. Oh dear.

Clegg

Guardian saying there's been a bit of a barney in the Newcastle dressing room. Apparently the players have been complaining about Ben Arfa's lack of effort in training.

Hope they can keep this up, they are looking like themselves last season. Mehmedi is amazing, but I just discovered he's on loan with option to buy :/ I doubt they have the money to keep him.

Well not really surprising. Replacing so many players takes time getting used to and not playing on Thursday anymore helps as well.

In other news, I finally finished my two exams today and now have two free weeks. Fuck yes!

Also, I need suggestions what Sviat's avatar will be until we get fucked from Real. I'm really bad at thinking of stuff like that.

Elchele

In other news, I finally finished my two exams today and now have two free weeks. Fuck yes!

Also, I need suggestions what Sviat's avatar will be until we get fucked from Real. I'm really bad at thinking of stuff like that.

Honduras flag

the worst of the punishments, shamed like in a bukkake

edit: nvm. The Canadian flag. YES MOYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom