• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

In other news, I finally finished my two exams today and now have two free weeks. Fuck yes!

Also, I need suggestions what Sviat's avatar will be until we get fucked from Real. I'm really bad at thinking of stuff like that.

Congrats.

Make him a Liverpool avatar. There is no bigger punishment.

rvy

Banned
In other news, I finally finished my two exams today and now have two free weeks. Fuck yes!

Also, I need suggestions what Sviat's avatar will be until we get fucked from Real. I'm really bad at thinking of stuff like that.

FC_Spartak_Moscow_Logo.png

Honduras flag

the worst of the punishments, shamed like in a bukkake

edit: nvm. The Canadian flag. YES MOYES
Honduras flag is like giving him a blank avatar, nobody cares :lol

And Canada, he lives there, I doubt that's going to bother him all that much.

Congrats.

Make him a Liverpool avatar. There is no bigger punishment.
Liverpool plays some fine football mate

That's a good, although evil one.

I'd expect so much class from Sviat that he wouldn't have given me a Schlacke avatar if I had lost.

Wait, who am I kidding? They are Gazprom buddies, I would have gotten one. Yours is definately an alternative :D

Congratulations.
Thanks!

Elchele

Stuttgart and Braunschweig are going down, milch. HSV going to play-off and saving their assess in the last minute

I can see all that happening

In a perfect world Bremen would get relegated

edit: To be honest, Stuttgart really could use that season in 2.Bundesliga. They are a mess, they need to clean house and find a good coach, already have a ton of good youngsters but they need more playing time in a lower division. What happens to their reserves team btw? If Stuttgart gets relegated, they can stay in 3. Liga?

Elchele

In a perfect world Hamburg would play St. Pauli in relegation and lose the decisive match due to a goal in the last minute, subsequently going down to 2nd Bundesliga and forced to file for bankruptcy. The club then is dropped several leagues and loses all matches in whatever low league it ends up in, getting dropped another league. Meanwhile the club's former buildings now belong to St. Pauli, that has turned them into a daycare station for mentally challenged people.

evil

german

Pray for Kaiserslautern. Pray for FCK.

I'd take Lautern over shitty Fürth or fucking Paderborn every day.

Stuttgart and Braunschweig are going down, milch. HSV going to play-off and saving their assess in the last minute

I can see all that happening

In a perfect world Bremen would get relegated

edit: To be honest, Stuttgart really could use that season in 2.Bundesliga. They are a mess, they need to clean house and find a good coach, already have a ton of good youngsters but they need more playing time in a lower division. What happens to their reserves team btw? If Stuttgart gets relegated, they can stay in 3. Liga?

Stuttgart can't go down, Leitner needs that first league experience :(

Thought he'd do better than Bittencourt at this point. But it looks like Bittencourt finally improved while Leitner still stagnates...

And Freiburg can't go down because fake Borussia would be able to sign Ginter.

rvy

Banned
I always use stereotypes in my daily life to 'identify' people. some kind of stereotype fits almost every time

Of course they fit, they exist for a reason.

The Portuguese are lazy MacGyvers that drink wine with every meal and smack their wives when Benfica loses.
The Germans are inherently evil people with above average efficiency.
The British have bad teeth and speak way too fast for any human outside of their realm to understand them.
The French smoke while drinking coffee. All they eat for breakfast is croissants. They like to shove sex in your face.
The Spanish are dirty human beings, who think they're hot shit because they're the largest country in Iberia. They sleep during the afternoon for some ridiculous reason.
The Russians drink absurd amounts of vodka to deal with the cold and their miserable lives. They're half-drunk most of the time.

These are all true to some extent.

Elchele

I can't stand that shit here, all they have for breakfast are Croissants or bread with something on it and tea/coffee/mate.

That's no breakfast man. I need my cereal with milk and orange juice. Pancakes with honey in a special occasion

Honduras flag is like giving him a blank avatar, nobody cares :lol

And Canada, he lives there, I doubt that's going to bother him all that much.

Liverpool plays some fine football mate

That's a good, although evil one.

I'd expect so much class from Sviat that he wouldn't have given me a Schlacke avatar if I had lost.

Wait, who am I kidding? They are Gazprom buddies, I would have gotten one. Yours is definately an alternative :D

Thanks!

Fuck Schalke. You would have gotten a Bayern Gotze avatar.

Want Shinji to play tomorrow, but I think he'll be gone in the summer.

Despite most of us thinking that Rooney is better at the #9 spot and listing him as the back up striker when RVP is out, he never plays in that position. I think tomorrow will be more of the same.

Welbeck
Young Rooney Mata

I think Moyes will go with that.

I can't stand that shit here, all they have for breakfast are Croissants or bread with something on it and tea/coffee/mate.

That's no breakfast man. I need my cereal with milk and orange juice. Pancakes with honey in a special occasion

You guys actually drink Mate in South America?

Thought that stuff was invented by German hipsters.

Fuck Schalke. You would have gotten a Bayern Gotze avatar.

rbSsfbK.jpg

yes, they drink it everywhere, and it tastes like shit.
if I had that for breakfast I would vomit like Messi

That mate taste actually grows on you with every mouthful.

/guiltyashipster

I obviously have no idea how that stuff made in South America tastes, though.

Elchele

That mate taste actually grows on you with every mouthful.

/guiltyashipster

I obviously have no idea how that stuff tastes in South America, though.

Yes, that's what everybody tells me
I don't really care, it's not like I want to like it... here is more like a custom/tradition to drink it, like a social thing. Everyone shares it while hanging in the park, or by the pool, in the balcony, etc.

I don't get it.

Didn't imagine you as a hipster milch, are you and evil hipster?

FuturusX

The Portuguese are lazy MacGyvers that drink wine with every meal and smack their wives when Benfica loses.
The British have bad teeth and speak way too fast for any human outside of their realm to understand them.
The French smoke while drinking coffee. All they eat for breakfast is croissants. They like to shove sex in your face.
The Spanish are dirty human beings, who think they're hot shit because they're the largest country in Iberia. They sleep during the afternoon for some ridiculous reason.
The Russians drink absurd amounts of vodka to deal with the cold and their miserable lives. They're half-drunk most of the time.

/rant

The only thing that's true is that we believe them without sufficient critical thought and place too much stock in them in our daily lives. All too often our reasoning is too simple and lack sophistication to descern what any of it means and whilst many seem harmless, the damage to societal progress can be directly traced to our attitudes towards one another based on these 'harmless' stereotypes.

In other words. Whether a stereotype is true, based in some truth or could be considered quantifiable does not correlate to how we use them to make critical judgements about people and ultimately how we act on those judgements.

Stereotypes are bullshit. They seek to stifle individual freedom of expression. For every one that seem to based in some truth truth there are many more that are patently not.

Since when do the British speak fast?

doicare

So in Ferguson's last five years the squad only suffered an injury crisis in one season out of five which was fixed the following season. David Moyes has come in to the club, sacked a lot of Ferguson's staff, intensified the physical side of training and now has suffered an injury crisis. Along with that it would appear that certain players are not happy with Moyes and performances on the pitch have suffered.

Is it really all just ''luck'?
Like i said before just because there has been an injury crisis this year with Moyes in charge doesn't mean much in itself when there was an injury crisis 2 years ago under Fergie. If the huge list of injuries continue into next season as well then yeah you have a point but until then it's too early to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom