• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarnet87

This is Arsenal's away record against the top 4 finishers in the last 4 seasons (includes this one):

Fucking el'.

This is fucking atrocious.

you don't need to have a great record against the big boys to win a premier league title, but you sure as hell can't be this atrocious against them

Isnt Kuba also quite long in Dortmund already? I remember how he scored a beautiful goal against kahn many years ago. then he was not relevant for some time and with the dortmund championship years he became really good again.

Yeah, 7 years in summer, pretty crazy.

After Kehl and Weidenfeller, he's the player that has been in our first time for the longest time.

This is Arsenal's away record against the top 4 finishers in the last 4 seasons (includes this one):

Fucking el'.

This is fucking atrocious.
Awful. Just an terrible record. I still think Arsene is a good manager, but if we want to get confidence in these games, we have to win more. This is why people say we have a mental block, because we just don't turn up for these potential title deciders.

Zabojnik

You're so wrong Zabo. Immobile is quality, I'd take him and Gabbiadini over Osvaldo and Llorente all day.

Over Gabbiadini, maybe, although I still think he'll turn up good. Just needs a to move to a proper club with a proper manager. Over Osvlado ... yeah, sure. Over Llorente? No way. They're completely different strikers anyway.

I mean, if it comes down to spending 15M€ for Osvaldo or 10M€ for Immobile, then sure, I'll take Immobile. I'd rather we took 10M€ by selling him and use that cash to buy someone like Cuadrado. Don't see how Immobile could significantly improve our squad. A couple of top wingers on the other hand ... Conte pls. Agnelli pls. Berardi pls.

Salvadora

Awful. Just an terrible record. I still think Arsene is a good manager, but if we want to get confidence in these games, we have to win more. This is why people say we have a mental block, because we just don't turn up for these potential title deciders.
It reminds me of that Moyes away stat, which sends absolute shivers down my spine.

Just horrible, soul-destroying, hockey score defeats to rivals are becoming a regularity now. And this is the best fucking team we've had in years.

avaya

Arsene Wenger is a stubborn man whose time was up years ago. He is not a good manager anymore. Even the shittest Arsenal sides have never lost in the way his teams have done in the last 10yrs. He should be fired.

3Sixty

Over Gabbiadini, maybe, although I still think he'll turn up good. Just needs a to move to a proper club with a proper manager. Over Osvlado ... yeah, sure. Over Llorente? No way. They're completely different strikers anyway.

I mean, if it comes down to spending 15M€ for Osvaldo or 10M€ for Immobile, then sure, I'll take Immobile. I'd rather we took 10M€ by selling him and use that cash to buy someone like Cuadrado. Don't see how Immobile could significantly improve our squad. A couple of top wingers though ... Conte pls. Agnelli pls. Berardi pls.

pls take osvaldo.

faridmon

It reminds me of that Moyes away stat, which sends absolute shivers down my spine.

Just horrible, soul-destroying, hockey score defeats to rivals are becoming a regularity now. And this is the best fucking team we've had in years.

Yeah, Wenger's similarity to Moyes is uncanny. The faster you ditch your Manager the better. Like us, you are stagnant and need a fresh blood to invigorate you.

avaya

You forgot to mention drugs.

You laugh at the doping, but that simply reflects the ignorance of the football world to what is really going on. Look at the drugs testing regime then get back to me. The rewards are massive, the testing regime is non-existent. Win-win.

Arnie

Yeah, Wenger's similarity to Moyes is uncanny. The faster you ditch your Manager the better. Like us, you are stagnant and need a fresh blood to invigorate you.
:lol

We didn't beat Everton four nil under Moyes.

I love the Martinez reinvigoration.

faridmon

Why are Spurs still playing with a high line? That club man.

I am still miffed that they beaten us with such a weak backline. Martinez has a lot of things to improve this summer.

1 - Tighter defence
2 - A striker that suit our system
3 - 1 Creative Midfielder
4 - A lot of OK players that have the ability to win us games from the bench (optional)

Can't wait for next season. Martinez <3

deroli

by the time he will retire dortmund will lose a big part football romatic. similar to when school and kahn retired here. those 90s/early 2000s moments. gone :(

I still remember that Hoeneß statement when we signed him. Kehl apparently already agreed a Bayern transfer but we "overwhelmed him" with money. How times have changed. That short period when he was really good in the national team. His goals against Schalke that lead to two derby wins.
Oh and that Salihamibrazzovic tackle... :( I wonder how his career would have turned out without that injury.

He is one of the very few players whose shirt with name and number I'd consider buying. Him, Dede, maybe Weidenfeller. Not the very best footballers, but people that shaped the club.

Arnie

Why are Spurs still playing with a high line? That club man.

I am still miffed that they beaten us with such a weak backline. Martinez has a lot of things to improve this summer.

1 - Tighter defence
2 - A striker that suit our system
3 - 1 Creative Midfielder
4 - A lot of OK players that have the ability to win us games from the bench (optional)

Can't wait for next season. Martinez <3
I wouldn't get too excited, I honestly don't remember him drastically improving Wigan from season to season during his many years there. If anything my main criticism of him when he was linked with Liverpool was that he hadn't shown that he can build a club upwards.

Jesus Christ Kyle Naughton. Jesus Christ.

I wouldn't get too excited, I honestly don't remember him drastically improving Wigan from season to season during his many years there. If anything my main criticism of him when he was linked with Liverpool was that he hadn't shown that he can build a club upwards.

Jesus Christ Kyle Naughton. Jesus Christ.

I agree.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that this season's Everton is the best you'll see it for quite some time. It's got the right mix of Moyes's defensive organisation and signings, and Martinez's attacking philosophy, plus some great loan signings.

Think they'll revert to a proper Martinez team next year with all that entails.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that this season's Everton is the best you'll see it for quite some time. It's got the right mix of Moyes's defensive organisation and signings, and Martinez's attacking philosophy, plus some great loan signings.

Agreed

Arnie

I agree.

100%

Hixx

Spurs
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom