• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
BjXSle8CEAAxxiC.jpg

Spurs bought an ad spot at the Toronto game to wish Defoe the best.

That's pretty damn boss tbf

Chevrolet - Official Sponsors of Manchester United
Just Do It - Proud Sponsors of Man Utd FC
Fuck Off Van Persie You Cunt
AON - Sponsoring Manchester Utd since 2008

That Mutch first goal, what the fuck was Agger doing? Standing right in front of Mignolet line of vision, blocking the post Mignolet already has covered, and makes himself as small a target as possible rather than moving to block the far post, which is where Mutch was always going to aim

GorillaJu

That Mutch first goal, what the fuck was Agger doing? Standing right in front of Mignolet line of vision, blocking the post Mignolet already has covered, and makes himself as small a target as possible rather than moving to block the far post, which is where Mutch was always going to aim

It wasn't his finest game for us. Agger is really poor against lower level opposition, but really good against teams that pass it around the box.

Blablurn

A DM, Jupp? :| Don't we have already shitton of those? And Höjberg can play it too. #PierreEmileFuture #PrideOfBrondby #KobenhavnBelongsToBrondby

Jin_7

They have a chance, but compared to last year...

cmTYoPn.jpg

And that's exactly why it's still awesome to have made the best 8 in Europe with heavy injury problems throughout the season. Even Bundesliga games have become pretty tough and unpredictable.

Blablurn

I have a feeling Dortmund might beat Madrid in two games. I wouldnt underestimate those black-yellow douchebags if i were madrid.

Zabojnik

pls stop this shit

Come on, rvy. You know how this works. Milan lost a CL final, won it the next year. Bayern did the same. It's Benfica's turn, it's what everybody at the club is laser-focused on. Defeat is not an option.

Immobile being at the top of the Serie A is pretty crazy. What a difference a year makes.

Some of our fans are calling for bringing him home next season. I hope we sell, sell, sell. Now's the time to monetize. He's a very solid striker, but he's not big club material, never will be. He'd be just another Giovinco at Juve. We have enough of those.

GorillaJu

It's really hard to predict who will win the league this year in the PL. I could see it ending with any combination of first and second being City or Chelsea, and third and fourth being Liverpool or Arsenal.

There's still a long ways to go, and any of these teams have the potential to choke.

bjaelke

Apparently we're letting Johnson go to Real Madrid in the Summer and bringing in Luke Shaw. I don't know how that's going to happen, but it's in the papers so it's probably true.

New deals for Sturridge and Henderson also in the works.

LTWheels

Apparently we're letting Johnson go to Real Madrid in the Summer and bringing in Luke Shaw. I don't know how that's going to happen, but it's in the papers so it's probably true.

New deals for Sturridge and Henderson also in the works.

Would be happy with that.

Although I wish Johnson would take a pay cut and stay. The last few games show that he plays much better when not injured and rested.

sohois

Would be happy with that.

Although I wish Johnson would take a pay cut and stay. The last few games show that he plays much better when not injured and rested.

At his age it's better to move him on. Though, the way Bjaelke worded it made it seem like he would be let go on a free, which seems a bit silly when I'm sure there'll be clubs willing to chuck us a few million.

Linius

It does me proud to see my favourite strikers duo are both doing top at the moment. Huntelaar has had a tough season with his injuries but now he's back. And Luis just keeps on scoring.

GorillaJu

I really don't see Real buying Suarez this summer. I think Suarez is here to stay at Liverpool for at least another season. If we floundered again he'd be gone for sure, but with how well the team is playing there's no reason for him to go.

Linius

I really don't see Real buying Suarez this summer. I think Suarez is here to stay at Liverpool for at least another season. If we floundered again he'd be gone for sure, but with how well the team is playing there's no reason for him to go.

He wants to play CL with Liverpool right?

Yen

Also, we'd ask for £120m

How so?

Madrid are the biggest team in the world, he's one of the best players in the world, and he'd earn incredible amounts of money.

I really think, if Liverpool make just one or two good transfers next season they can probably be the best team in BPL, and get a chance to win the CL.

Not saying he can't with RM, but he could create one hell of a legacy at Liverpool.

Arnie

Suarez wouldn't leave now. This is what he wanted, to be in the frame to win big with Liverpool, and play Champions League nights at Anfield.

He's got the best team in England playing some of the best football in Europe in a system built around him. And he's earning more money than he'll ever need.

And, crucially, he's doing it for a manager like Brendan Rodgers. A manager that with every passing week looks more and more messiah-tier.

Hypothetically if Pep took over Liverpool when Rodgers did is it realistic enough to think we'd be in a better position now? I think we all know the answer is no.

bjaelke

At his age it's better to move him on. Though, the way Bjaelke worded it made it seem like he would be let go on a free, which seems a bit silly when I'm sure there'll be clubs willing to chuck us a few million.

There's some pocket change involved. I'm saying letting go as in not willing to extend his contract while at the same time giving the other players significant pay rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom