• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

There's some pocket change involved. I'm saying letting go as in not willing to extend his contract while at the same time giving the other players significant pay rises.
If we can make £10 million out of a 30 year old I'd be more than inclined to take it. I'd also be willing to sign an extension if he took a wage cut. It's his call, ultimately.

Truth be told i dream of a Flanno/Shaw future, but realise that the latter component is pretty unfeasible.

Arnie

Stephen Ireland syndrome, bruv.

What if I had a fish tank that my house was inside, rather than the other way round.

Something to think about, innit.
I suppose people can always earn more, but Suarez is earning a lot. Like, masses. And his "brand" is already large enough to snag Adidas sponsorship deals the size of Gervinho's forehead.

And here's where I really roll out a cliche: I just don't see Suarez as the type to let his footballing destiny be ruled by the financial imperative

bud23

I have a feeling Dortmund might beat Madrid in two games. I wouldnt underestimate those black-yellow douchebags if i were madrid.

SgYahwF.png

call me crazy but i think schalke may not lose today. they will probably get hammered in madrid but today... they might have a chance.

icIOoInZD1SkQ.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102336656&postcount=15735

Keep the predictions rolling in, Bla.

pappe

I suppose people can always earn more, but Suarez is earning a lot. Like, masses. And his "brand" is already large enough to snag Adidas sponsorship deals the size of Gervinho's forehead.

And here's where I really roll out a cliche: I just don't see Suarez as the type to let his footballing destiny be ruled by the financial imperative

Why do football fans do this to themselves. Almost every player can and will leave when clubs with the calibre of Real Barca come calling. Playing for Liverpool now does not hold the same value as compared to playing for Barca or Real.

WJD

Why do football fans do this to themselves. Almost every player can and will leave when clubs with the calibre of Real Barca come calling. Playing for Liverpool now does not hold the same value as compared to playing for Barca or Real.

don't leave me De Gea!

Tegris

Suarez often talks about earning enough to provide for his (presumably extended) family, which is important to him given how poor he was growing up. The question is whether or not the £200k per week he'll be on next season is enough to buy a few mansions in Uruguay I suppose. I can't see him leaving now to be honest, given the amount of promise we're showing at the moment. He'll never find a team set up to suit his abilities as well as this one if he goes to a "bigger" (debatable) club either.

Regarding Johnson, it would be a shame to lose him now. I would guess that the club are looking at eventually making McLaughlin our starting right back, but obviously he's not ready yet - having a player of Johnson's age and ability would help ease him into the first team. If Johnson were to leave, we'd only need to bring another fullback in of a similar age anyway, as I doubt we'd start a CL campaign with Flanno, Wisdom and Kelly as our only options in that position. There's no way we'll offer him a contract with wages comparable to what he's on now though.

I see the Mail are linking us with Winston Reid - completely ridiculous obviously but I'd love to see it happen for purely selfish reasons.

Don't know but for some reason bale + CR7 combo looks better than Neymar + Messi.

That would be because Ronaldo=Messi>>>>>>>>>Bale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Neymar

And Bale's presence does not have a negative influence on Ronaldo's effectiveness, while Neymar's does on Messi

Perhaps Neymar will improve and Barca will figure out how to put them in the same team while allowing Messi to carry on showing that he's the GOAT, perhaps not. Aside from the injuries though, Bale has slotted in seamlessly and been nothing but an upgrade.

Suen

Time to win against Genoa. Glad to see Schelotto starting, he's been terrific ever since his arrival in January.

K1LLER7

Sevilla winning 1-0 against Osasuna. They were good to watch last week. Marin looked good, different from his time at Chelsea. Don't think he's playing today though.

Suen

Sevilla winning 1-0 against Osasuna. They were good to watch last week. Marin looked good, different from his time at Chelsea. Don't think he's playing today though.
They are unbeaten in La Liga ever since the Barca game, winning all games except one I think. They are in good form atm.

Suen

What a horrible and embarrassing defending from Parma. Isaac Coffee just scored against us.

Parma 0 - 1 Genoa so far.

tri_willy

playing fifa ps4 clubs, fucking cunt teams who play as an "any" should be treated with disdain.

one cunt team in particular leading my team 2-0 and by the 90th min, they lost connection and ultimately forfeited the game handing my team the win. sweet karma you fucking pigs

You gotta cut Neymar some slack, a transition from Brazil to Europe must be pretty hard.

I said before the season started that Bale is flat out better than Nerman and will be this season. I still think Nerman will become better as he gets older. He's still only 22.

3Sixty

#SaintsFC team vs @SpursOfficial: Boruc, Clyne, Fonte, Lovren, Shaw, Cork, Ward-Prowse, S. Davis, Lallana (c), Rodriguez, Lambert.

Cork is fit, at least.

Peco

Some of our fans are calling for bringing him home next season. I hope we sell, sell, sell. Now's the time to monetize. He's a very solid striker, but he's not big club material, never will be. He'd be just another Giovinco at Juve. We have enough of those.

You're so wrong Zabo. Immobile is quality, I'd take him and Gabbiadini over Osvaldo and Llorente all day.

Cf1Lnqe.jpg

In good news, Sebastian Kehl just signed a new contract and will stay another year until 2015.

In sad-but-it-has-to-happen-at-some-point news, Kehl will then end his career :(

12 and a half years at BVB <3

To show you what crazy shit can happen in 12 years, here's a pic from 2002 when Kehl signed for us:
dsTK6bQ.jpg

Where can I get this sweater?

faridmon

Baines stayed.

Blablurn

Cf1Lnqe.jpg

In good news, Sebastian Kehl just signed a new contract and will stay another year until 2015.

In sad-but-it-has-to-happen-at-some-point news, Kehl will then end his career :(

12 and a half years at BVB <3

To show you what crazy shit can happen in 12 years, here's a pic from 2002 when Kehl signed for us:
dsTK6bQ.jpg

Where can I get this sweater?

by the time he will retire dortmund will lose a big part football romatic. similar to when school and kahn retired here. those 90s/early 2000s moments. gone :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
No Adebayor, Sandro or Walker today :(

It should be Kane up front not Soldado, enough of him already.

Linius

That is not possible. That's just not possible. How can they fuck it up that much and yet still always end up in Champions League?

You win titles against the little clubs they say. If Arsenal just did a little better against their rivals it could have been so much different. Less dust and more trophies most likely.

Arnie

This is Arsenal's away record against the top 4 finishers in the last 4 seasons (includes this one):

Fucking el'.

This is fucking atrocious.
And so you can see why it often seems incredulous for Arsenal fans to deny a mental softness.

Oh well, I don't want to pile on Arsenal, I just believe you're a club in need of top to bottom change. I think you need an inspiring new coach and a board that are willing to support his vision. However if no outstanding coach appears then don't rush it, Arsene's better than most.

Looking forward to Spurs/Southampton. Gonna eat some cold pasta and sip Fanta. Enjoying Infamous, too. Dead fun game with some orgasmic effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom