• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Yeah I guess... gonna be hard keeping players and convincing some to come though with no Europe.

untitled-649k14.gif

GorillaJu

We need to devote all cannons on the battleship toward Spurs. If I see Sherwood celebrate at Anfield I may be overcome with violent and incurable diarrhea.

nawz

Banned
Oh god....

Spud fans thinking they'll topple Arsenal for the nth time in nth years which never comes to fruition.

Scum

Yeah I guess... gonna be hard keeping players and convincing some to come though with no Europe.

Keeping players? Like who? Nani?? Young?? Giggs?? Rio??? lool
Wilbur, pls. EL will fuck your squad up as it is right now. Like Odd says, having a season off "Liverpool" will be much better. It gives Moyes the breathing space to chase after the players he wants and needs.

Wilbur

Banned
Laboured, just the fact it's European football... probably not though.

Keeping players? Like who? Nani?? Young?? Giggs?? Rio??? lool
Wilbur, pls. EL will fuck your squad up as it is right now. Like Odd says, having a season off "Liverpool" will be much better. It gives Moyes the breathing space to chase after the players he wants and needs.

RVP, De Gea and Shinji (who will probably leave anyway).

Probably best in the long run.

Vard

We need to devote all cannons on the battleship toward Spurs. If I see Sherwood celebrate at Anfield I may be overcome with violent and incurable diarrhea.
If we draw or lose to Spurs at home after thrashing them 5-0 at WHL, I am pretty sure I too will become physically ill. I think it's an unlikely scenario, but Spurs do have an advantage in that they do not play mid-week.

Bumhead

Banned
There's goals allover your face this weekend.

BIG 0-0 on the way this afternoon between Villa and Stoke for your viewing pleasure.

Feorax

I think we should beat Spurs at Anfield, though I'm expecting a much closer game than it was at WHL.

Will be an interesting warm up for Chelsea as well, preparing to play against a team where the goal threat is primarily in the midfield (assuming Ade isn't fit).

Walshy

With that high line and hopefully coming off seven consecutive wins? I can't see that happening.

Anfield's going to be buzzing too. It's going to be like a European game on Wednesday - loads of flags, banners and an overall great atmosphere. If we win on Wednesday, no reason why Sunday won't be like that either.

Yen

Just heard Steve Bruce's reaction to Rooney's goal and I feel sick. Every cell in my body has been corrupted.

FuturusX

I think we should beat Spurs at Anfield, though I'm expecting a much closer game than it was at WHL.

Will be an interesting warm up for Chelsea as well, preparing to play against a team where the goal threat is primarily in the midfield (assuming Ade isn't fit).

The great thing is I fear nobody when we are at home. Liverpool are the real deal. I can't recall the last time I felt do good about our football.

Brendon done good.

Scum

Laboured, just the fact it's European football... probably not though.

RVP, De Gea and Shinji (who will probably leave anyway).

Probably best in the long run.

Those three can easily be convinced to stay. In fact, Moyes should drag those three into a room and show them a brown envelope with the names of those he plans to get rid off. :p

GorillaJu

Yeah the fact that Spurs don't have a midweek game is gonna help them for sure. Hopefully we can rotate the team a bit so some players are fresh. Sakho, Lucas and Sterling can all start vs Sunderland.

Jarnet87

Those three can easily be convinced to stay. In fact, Moyes should drag those three into a room and show them a brown envelope with the names of those he plans to get rid off. :p

Sell RVP to Turkey or Russia. Great wages in the bermuda triangle of football.

Meier

How was the Ellie Goulding gig?

It was really fucking good. I had seen her perform on TV before and her voice was a little weak and she struggled so I was nervous but man, she crushed it. And she played for longer than I had expected too which was a huge bonus!

I thought Rudimental were supporting her for the last 4-5 months and found out they weren't the day before so that was a bummer but man, she was amazing!

Plasma

Banned
The loss really affected him. Needs to refocus on other games. We really need to beat City when we play at the Emirates. Can't afford another embarrassing loss.

Maybe just seems a bit strange, players and even our official twitter account haven't said anything either.

3Sixty

God we really missed Morgan today.

Especially in that 2nd half. Feel he'd have made the difference today, still, we're a young team these things happen.

Hixx

They haven't won in 6 and Borini can't play against us. I'm sure it'll pan out fine.

Gonna draw...

4/5-0.

Altidore is our only striker who isn't:

- Dead
- On loan
- Ineligible

We are going to have to play Dossena because Alonso is a fuckwit.

Our midfield has gone back to being amazingly awful.

John O'Shea has gone back to being John O'Shea.

Phil Bardsley is no longer the white Cafu.

billpaxtonb3sie.jpg

King_Moc

Banned
4/5-0.

Altidore is our only striker who isn't:

- Dead
- On loan
- Ineligible

We are going to have to play Dossena because Alonso is a fuckwit.

Our midfield has gone back to being amazingly awful.

John O'Shea has gone back to being John O'Shea.

Phil Bardsley is no longer the white Cafu.

billpaxtonb3sie.jpg

Well, I hope your negativity bears fruit rather than mine. I know Liverpool should have the game over pretty quickly, but for a couple of decades now they've been so inconsistent that I always expect them to randomly drop points against the teams in the bottom half.

L1NETT

Todd Terje is a bit meh imo.

Fred Falke and Alan Braxe much more to my tastes in that ballpark.

Speaking of which

New Duck Sauce

Next month

QUACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom