• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to laugh at Weimann muscling Pieters off the ball, then falling over after doing the hard work

Didn't realise our form was that good over the last 12. Knew it was perfect over the last 6, but 10 wins from 12 is crazy good considering where we expected to be.

On the one hand, that form is brilliant. On the other, it makes me even more annoyed at the way we just surrendered those points to Villa and West Brom

Madrid will win the CL this year, never mind next.

Blablurn

76365936-fcb_training_sampics_12_20140323-151052-Q0ef.jpg

GorillaJu

Damn, that's a long time ago man. I was 13 in 2004 :lol

I love music festivals. To be more exact, I love music festivals where it's actually about the music and the crowd cares about the bands playing. I don't really like festivals where people just come to do what ever and don't even care about the line-up. And as a student a good festival is the most effecient way to see a lot of good stuff for your money.

Yeah well when I was a student I loved em too. I like that you can see a ton of good musicians for a low price, but then there's the miserable parking, the heat, the crowds, and the fact that I only enjoy like 2-3 hours of live music before I am just seeing the bands to see them and be able to say "yeah I saw the Pixies, Kraftwerk and Radiohead all in one night".

But it felt like I should have paid $10 to sit in a boiling pot of 20-25 year olds and paid $80 to see the Pixies in a tiny, intimate venue at a secret show the night before :)hipster grin), not the other way around. So that was the last one I've been to.

faridmon

From what I've been following for UK festivals so far Green Man, End of the Road, Electric Picnic, Latitude, Field Day (London) and Jabberwocky (London) are looking great.

There is Lunar Festival which is close to where I live!

Toy, British Sea Power, Tim Burgess, Temples, Money amongst others are gonna be there.

Decision, Decisions...

Or maybe I should fly all the way to Netherlands :p

Walshy

From what I've been following for UK festivals so far Green Man, End of the Road, Electric Picnic, Latitude, Field Day (London) and Jabberwocky (London) are looking great.
I went to Latitude last year, was great.

Going to Bestival this year. Gotta see Outkast at a festival.

Wes

venison crêpe
1-2 already? How far from breaking the record in terms of goals in one game week?

@OptaJoe
43 - The record number of goals in a Premier League weekend (20-team era) is 43 on Feb 5-6 2011 (this weekend has seen 40 so far). Target.

Edit: Beaten like a Villa centre back.

MPW

Then he's not leaving then.

Barca would never buy him. No team in Italy has the money. PSG has Ibra...Robert Lewandowski on his way to Bayern who does that leave?

If you are going to troll...troll with some substance.

Ibra will be 33 in October and i'm not sure how much longer he can keep this up

PSG would be wise to get suarez

Linius

Toy, British Sea Power, Tim Burgess, Temples, Money amongst others are gonna be there.

Decision, Decisions...

Lunar doesn't look too bad. Though I'd think I would miss some really good more bigger names like Albarn or Slowdive. You know something in a headliner category.

And Best Kept Secret festival will probably have these bus transfers from UK places again I reckon.

faridmon

Do festivals sell out quickly these days? I thought it was just Glastonbury now?

I'm going to Glastonbury, Primavera and Jabberwocky this year.

Well Last year, The Great Escape, Field Day, Truck Festival and Liverpool sound festivals did sold out before I made the decisions to go there. Maybe I am just slow at deciding Lol

Decision, Decisions...

I've heard of 2 of them

Oh My Corazon by Tim Burgess is a great song

Linius

I went to Latitude last year, was great.

Going to Bestival this year. Gotta see Outkast at a festival.

Bestival has Beck too I see. Outkast, Beck and Massive Attack are a few of the bigger names touring this summer that I'd like to catch somewhere.

nah, bayern is just too good

in fact, i expect bayern to win it next year too

Don't forget the curse. Not a single team managed to win it back to back since they changed it to Champion's League. Bayern won't be either. It just can't be.

Wes

venison crêpe
Absolutely stonking ridiculous.

Well with Sylla on we have no hope. Going to go for a walk before I overheat from fuming.

FuturusX

Ibra will be 33 in October and i'm not sure how much longer he can keep this up

PSG would be wise to get suarez

The word is Ibra gets to sign off on all new signings. Unless they are looking to move on Cavanni, is Ibra really going to sanction another striker.

The logical move is Real, with Benzema moving on. But Liverpool asking price is going to be Bale money. Even for Real that's a bit much.

King_Moc

Banned
V Festival was one of the worst experiences of my life. Radiohead woz gud tho

I went to that one. V Festival is probably the worst festival I've ever been to. Just fucking atrocious. If they put Olly fucking Mars on the main stage, the entire site would show up to watch him. It's that kind of place.

Walshy

I went to that one. V Festival is probably the worst festival I've ever been to. Just fucking atrocious. If they put Olly fucking Mars on the main stage, the entire site would show up to watch him. It's that kind of place.
It's an awful festival. Went on the Sunday in 2009. Got to see Oasis (was their last time too, they cancelled the other date), which was great but the amount of trilby wearing cunts was there was simply astonishing.

Line up was shit too outside the odd act.

King_Moc

Banned
It's an awful festival. Went on the Sunday in 2009. Got to see Oasis (was their last time too, they cancelled the other date), which was great but the amount of trilby wearing cunts was there was simply astonishing.

Line up was shit too outside the odd act.

The line up is always horrible. I went for single days only for Radiohead and The Stone Roses.

It was amusing to see loads of people leave when Dappy had cancelled his slot and was replaced by The Charlatans. Not exactly a like for like replacement, but anyone that likes Dappy surely deserves a lifetime of disappointment.

And yeah. Trilbys. Sometimes being worn with a vest. Awful people.

Were you at Chelmsford or Staffordshire?

All of this is enshrouded by the fact I don't drink

-Ate 2 burgers and a packet of crisps over the course of 2 entire days as I was tagging along with my brother and we had nowhere near enough spending money
-Stood at the front for 4 hours, through shite like Daniel Powter
-Get tired, move back 30 yards or so where there are fewer people shoving you in the back
-Stand through shite like the Magic Numbers
-Get tired again, need a piss
-Decide not to try getting back into the middle, enjoy Beck and Radiohead with a shite view, but a preferable experience

2nd day was much better as we were moving from stage to stage, and the vibe was just more pleasant, like it was winding down. I find the claustrophobic gig experience relentlessly suffocating tbh, don't think I'll voluntarily ever go to one again. Even though I enjoyed the music at Doves and The National, I hated the ordeal. Beck is the only one I've been to where I liked the music, and didn't feel like swinging a katana in a circle around me just to get some breathing room.

King_Moc

Banned
Were you at Chelmsford or Staffordshire?

All of this is enshrouded by the fact I don't drink

-Ate 2 burgers and a packet of crisps over the course of 2 entire days as I was tagging along with my brother and we had nowhere near enough spending money
-Stood at the front for 4 hours, through shite like Daniel Powter
-Get tired, move back 30 yards or so where there are fewer people shoving you in the back
-Stand through shite like the Magic Numbers
-Get tired again, need a piss
-Decide not to try getting back into the middle, enjoy Beck and Radiohead with a shite view, but a preferable experience

2nd day was much better as we were moving from stage to stage, and the vibe was just more pleasant, like it was winding down. I find the claustrophobic gig experience relentlessly suffocating tbh, don't think I'll voluntarily ever go to one again. Even though I enjoyed the music at Doves and The National, I hated the ordeal. Beck is the only one I've been to where I liked the music, and didn't feel like swinging a katana in a circle around me just to get some breathing room.

I was at Chelmsford. At the time, I actually did look like one of The Magic Numbers. I was overweight with long hair and a beard. Someone asked me to sign their hat, but the Magic Numbers were actually playing at the time, so that was weird. Got to see Echo & The Bunnymen, Beck and Radiohead so it was worth it I guess.

I suppose drinking would help, though I didn't drink either of the times I was there. I refuse to go to the toilet while I'm watching Radiohead.

The V Festival had the foresight to book The National in 2006?

I used to get so hyped for the Clasicos in Guardiola's first few seasons. This time I'm not really feeling it

-Barca have little chance of winning imo
-The last few have been underwhelming iirc, and the good ones have been good for the wrong reasons
-Its not a distraction from Liverpool being shit any more :p

As much as I abuse La Liga, it's still the only league aside from the PL where I'm interested enough to watch a full match without being distracted by something else. Even Bayern/Dortmund and Juve/Roma don't really do it for me

Forgive me Serie-A GAF

I was at Chelmsford. At the time, I actually did look like one of The Magic Numbers. I was overweight with long hair and a beard. Someone asked me to sign their hat, but the Magic Numbers were actually playing at the time, so that was weird. Got to see Echo & The Bunnymen, Beck and Radiohead so it was worth it I guess.

I suppose drinking would help, though I didn't drink either of the times I was there. I refuse to go to the toilet while I'm watching Radiohead.

The V Festival had the foresight to book The National in 2006?

Nah, I'm talking about individual gigs with Doves, Beck (the second time I mention him) and The National

I still remember the atmosphere for James Dean Bradfield and cringe when I do. It was dismal, about 600 people stood there in silence, watching half-heartedly. I can imagine the atmosphere for smaller acts is a complete joke now with smartphones

@Willkiller, 3-1 Real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom