• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT17| I'm Spartacus

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
Nah, I'm talking about individual gigs with Doves, Beck (the second time I mention him) and The National

I still remember the atmosphere for James Dean Bradfield and cringe when I do. It was dismal, about 600 people stood there in silence, watching half-heartedly. I can imagine the atmosphere for smaller acts is a complete joke now with smartphones

Woah. The Manics are my favourite band as well, so in a way I'm glad I couldn't do that day. That would have pissed me off epically.

Into

Everyone expects Real to win, there is a momentum going on that Ronaldo is really the best player in the world right now, with Messi's dip in form/injuries. All these years since he came to La Liga, he has been in Messi's shadow, and everyone knows it. Now he is finally looking legit like the best player

Add in the Neymar debacle, the uncertainty regarding the coaching position for next year + the many pillars of the club retiring and you can see why Real has all the right things going on to win this game

...so watch Barcelona win anyway, because that is football, and throw all that shit on its head.

That explains nothing though. Why were his methods working until January, and then failing so badly now? Its not like they sold all of their players in the Jansfer window (u luv it)

This is a freakishly bad run, similar to us after we won the League Cup 2 years ago.

Have teams got them sussed out?
Is Hyypia making the wrong decisions suddenly?
Have the players lost their motivation?
Are they missing chances?
Too many injuries?

bjaelke

TanShamefulBasenji.gif

MiniatureJadedCicada.gif

faridmon

Villa have some good players and at least one potentially great one. It's Lambert's job to get them to be more consistent.

Yeah, that is what I think as well, but My friend who happens to be a villa fan is supportive of his manager citing that its the owners fault for injecting some money. Some of those buys were clearly done on small budget and that turned out to be duds.

I wonder what Wes thinks about Lambert...

Blablurn

in the last 3-4 weeks i havent done anything in terms of sports or whatsoever. instead i kept eating and studying the whole time. right now it really shows lol. trying to get back in shape after this tuesday. hopefully it was worth it in the end :D

pulga

Banned
god even on a clasico day this place is still a bayern stinkhole. someone pop a window.

anyway hi

BjbULfQCEAEhmb9.jpg

MY BODY IS READY

Suen

Atalanta won? Makes me happy but even more frustrated since we would be two points ahead now if we didn't screw up against Genoa. Parolo, Gobbi and Amauri...fuck off :(

Milan win against Lazio and one point against Juve and Roma for Parma, football deities pls.

Blablurn

I still don't think he's put under enough pressure to feel comfortable calling him that.

He's brilliant though, at the very least.

Of course he doesn't get as many shots on the goal as for example in Liverpool or Manchester but when he is needed he is always up for the challenge. of course the highlights never show his parades since they were not game changing. but if you watched bayern in the last weeks you saw that he did some incredible saves.

feel

Let's remember random past Clasicos
that im aping from Madrid's facebook account

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1544369_10150546370979953_1109954177_n.jpg[MG]

<3 Gordito[/QUOTE]saw this very nice album with a bunch of pictures from past clasicos on reddit
[url]http://imgur.com/a/er9Wp[/url]

Herr K

Banned
Atalanta won? Makes me happy but even more frustrated since we would be two points ahead now if we didn't screw up against Genoa. Parolo, Gobbi and Amauri...fuck off :(

Milan win against Lazio and one point against Juve and Roma for Parma, football deities pls.
Don't hold our breath.
I'm proud to say I don't care about el clasicos anymore.

After that one time when we had like 5 clásicos in one month, I stopped caring.

Slizz

I've been indifferent on Clasicos recently due to the theatrics of both teams. But the mere mention of it to some of my lesser involved footy fans had them ready to watch and hyped for it. So I'm gonna get some brew soon, marinate some meats and go wild.

Free UFC today as well with some decent fights, prelims during El Clasico and Main card after El Clasico.

Herr K

Banned
^god damn pulga
9bTJ0n3.jpg

24 November 2002 - Barca 0-0 Real. Still incensed by Luis Figo's move from Barca to Real for £37m in 2000, one fan throws a pig's head onto the pitch in disgust at the Portuguese. The pig's head is now exhibited in Essen, Germany

How the hell you smuggle a pig's head inside a stadium?

I still really like Crouch. Still has the honour of saying the funniest thing I've heard a footballer say

Interviewer: Peter, what do you think you'd be if you weren't a footballer?
Crouch: A virgin.

Clegg

Apparently there are journo's saying Moyes is meeting the board this week to discuss transfer targets. But the meeting is set to take place after the City game. So if we get hammered the topic of discussion may change somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom