• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Build the team around Mata for jokes, Moyes.

Beautiful, sensual jokes. But on a more serious note, we really do need to give him a free role. He's a better fit than Rooney.

3Sixty

Today could not get any worse.

Losing to those cheating city cunts. Now I've just got home from a 12 hour session to realise i'd lost my keys and my phone was flat. The stuggle to get into my house.

Wilbur

Banned
Like we've just been saying on twitter though, while RVP and Rooney are both around we aren't going to see the team play like we did today I think. Rooney is too egotistical and hard to curb tactically to do what Shinji and Mata did today. It's a shame because he can do it, but he's regressed since the Ronaldo days.

Elchele

People laugh at Bebe, but he went from being homeless to a professional player.

Really? that's great. I saw a short report about Nelson Haedo Valdéz, in his youth football years he had to sleep in the small stadium of the club, under the wood stands

It's incredible how some people can take everything and reach their dream

2 CMs, CB and LB are the essential buys.

1445861_full-prt.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Today could not get any worse.

Losing to those cheating city cunts. Now I've just got home from a 12 hour session to realise i'd lost my keys and my phone was flat. The stuggle to get into my house.

I wanted some food once and my parents were out. I was about eleven so I crawled through my tiny bathroom window, the top one. Squeezed my fat head through, fell into the bath.

Got a tomato.

3Sixty

I wanted some food once and my parents were out. I was about eleven so I crawled through my tiny bathroom window, the top one. Squeezed my fat head through, fell into the bath.

Got a tomato.

Sheepishly knocked the door down.

My fucking motorcycle keys too. So fucked. Going to ring everywhere i was tonight tomorrow. Thats a lot of fucking places.

subtles

When we bought Mata I truly hoped that meant we were selling Rooney. Would've been such a ballsy and smart move.

Replacing Rooney (with a finisher that has pace to burn) would make the team Viva mentioned deadly. Those three can already play in tight spaces but having a player that can get in behind so quickly would add a whole new dimension.

Slizz

Replacing Rooney (with a finisher that has pace to burn) would make the team Viva mentioned deadly. Those three can already play in tight spaces but having a player that can get in behind so quickly would add a whole new dimension.

Chicha seemed to work fine with those 3

tumblr_mh8yk1NAdz1rdg4zpo1_400.gif

Today's second half was good to watch. Just nice to see United play with some verve again and to just be entertained a bit.

Newcastle are completely fucking shit so whilst we can't draw too much from it, definitely has me thinking about how Moyes could set the team up going into next season assuming he remains in charge.

Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj has to be way forward. They offer such a great blend between them. The only thing that trio lacks is blistering pace but they're no slouches.

What we need is to get them as far up the pitch and on the ball as often as possible. This is why it's essential to put a midfield in place which can do that, win the ball back quickly and play it into feet. This doesn't even require a genuinely brilliant playmaker although of course that is the desire. A strong base would allow our full backs to provide width too.

I really wouldn't be too worried if we don't add to our attack this summer. It would be nice but we have some good players there, we need to cement our base to help them be effective. 2 CMs, CB and LB are the essential buys.

I think it's pointless to add to the attack next season. Januzaj will improve next season, and United will still have Mata, Shinji, and Rooney. Our attack isn't old aside from RVP.

Like you said, 2 cms, a cb, and a lb are must buys.

Lenz44

Banned
Hey Footy-Gaf, I recently became a Sounders FC fan after moving up to Seattle last year and now have a taste for Football. What's the easiest way to start catching some Premier League matches (or replays) to find an EPL team to watch/root for?

I think it's pointless to add to the attack next season. Januzaj will improve next season, and United will still have Mata, Shinji, and Rooney. Our attack isn't old aside from RVP.

Like you said, 2 cms, a cb, and a lb are must buys.

+ an LW imo

I agree KidA but I think Laboured might be right.

Just feel like it's always good to add options to the attack and whilst I'm happy with Mata, Shinji and Adnan as AM's - it's only 3 and Adnan is still learning. Valencia and Young are at a point where I don't even know if they're serviceable.

I suppose Rooney counts too.

But yeah, the others are priorities for sure.

Slizz

Hey Footy-Gaf, I recently became a Sounders FC fan after moving up to Seattle last year and now have a taste for Football. What's the easiest way to start catching some Premier League matches (or replays) to find an EPL team to watch/root for?

NBCSports has every PL game, they tend to air the bigger games on TV and depending on you're cable provider any game not on TV is available for stream on their website.

Elchele

I'm not from USA, but I think NBC is broadcasting the Premier League in USA.
Liverpool is where is at

edit: woah Portland 4:4 Seattle Sounders

support West Ham.

Slizz

Liverpool is where is at

Was a pretty good game to watch, early goals and late ones.

Portlands second goal was fucking ridiculous. No idea how the guy scored it.

Hixx

I think NBC do the PL coverage in the US. They've got every single game I believe.

What you want to do is find a source for Championship games. That shit is going to be hot next season.

We will be back on our patch.

#5times

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not in a great frame of mind mate,

I've spent 140 quid since 12pm. Started loosing it after shot sticks in revs about 8ish.

Them fucking sticks are killers. Oxegen in Brighton had them, and then you pop out of there down to revs and they've got more and it's all the girls with the nice tits offering them

And by the time you wanna go to one of the clubs on the beach you just wanna go in the sea

K1LLER7

Suprised that Wilson has made the squad and the bench the past 2 weeks.

Hopefully he can have a good pre-season if he travels with the team and have the same impact as Adnan. Will be tough for him though as he has some tough competition up front.

Clegg

Midfield is obv the first area that needs sorting. Someone that can win the ball is an imperative. I don't mean in the Carrick sense of intercepting either. I'm not knocking his contribution to the team either. But we need someone who is capable of winning the ball back through a tackle or pressure rather than waiting for a stray pass. The former is more expedient than the latter. And that's what we need the most. Winning the ball back quickly and starting a counter. Our play for most of the season has been far too slow. A creative midfielder is needed too, but I think we could get away with not signing one for one more year, so long as we got the quality DM in first.

We need at least one decent cb. Maybe two because there are still doubts over the abilities of Jones, Evans and Smalling to stay injury free. Shaw would be the ideal replacement for Evra, but don't know if we can get it done.

Do you want to support a club glorifies and idiolize a racist cheater like Suarez and also got the most annoying fans possible? Go with Liverpool.

Do you want to support a club where it's very easy to get tickets to cause they got no real supporters, despite them being a decent football side, that however flops in European football? Then support City.

Do you want to support a club in decline, fading into irrelevancy? Support United.

Do you want a club that never actually wins anything, but are always entertaining although mostly for their failures, but got cool supporters like Piers Morgan and Osama Bin Laden? Support Arsenal.

Do you like to eat shit? Support Spurs.

Do you like Messi and basically just want to watch an English version of him every week? Support Sunderland.

Do you want to support a little horse, competing with the big horses, with a lionheart captain and a manager that returned, from luxuary in Madrid, to the club where his heart was at? Then support Chelsea.

Do you just want to not see your team win anything? Pick any of the rest.

3Sixty

Them fucking sticks are killers. Oxegen in Brighton had them, and then you pop out of there down to revs and they've got more and it's all the girls with the nice tits offering them

And by the time you wanna go to one of the clubs on the beach you just wanna go in the sea

Loooooooooooool

All about Bournemouth when it comes to beach life nights out.

Remember stumbling out of a club last year at 4am walking to the beach and singing some Foreigner while some guy played guitar. Was pretty great.

Lenz44

Banned
Liverpool is where is at

Crazy game, especially with Dempsey pulling the hat trick. Can't wait for Portland to travel up here in July. But i'll have to check it out and catch some matches. Is there any way of getting it without a cable provider? I never really had the need for cable so I decided against it.

Marc

Ok, some of that is pretty impressive. :D

Been watching Reus, Fabregas and Balo battle it out over pens/volleys and stuff. Sometimes you wonder how these guys are professionals, Fabregas surprised me with how poor he is. Mario doesn't give a shit though and still outclasses both of them, the problem is he doesn't give a shit which matters more in games.

I'm not in a great frame of mind mate,

I've spent 140 quid since 12pm. Started loosing it after shot sticks in revs about 8ish.

Used to go to revs on leadenhall a lot, those bubblegum vodka shots really finished the nights off. Time goes quick in there.

Hope you find your keys!

Clegg

We don't need more attackers.

Just stick Fellaini up top and fling long balls to him. You know you all want to see it.

Slizz

Crazy game, especially with Dempsey pulling the hat trick. Can't wait for Portland to travel up here in July. But i'll have to check it out and catch some matches. Is there any way of getting it without a cable provider? I never really had the need for cable so I decided against it.

Ask a buddy with Xfinty/Comcast or one of the providers that allows the NBC Live Extra streaming and get his login.

Slizz

Only thing I will complain about is both teams wearing green, and football being played on a grass and all makes it even worse. Do you not have away kits in that third world country over there?

Lol yeah, thats the Home kit for Portland and I think the 3rd kit for Seattle. I dunno, that neon green they must have assumed was enough to get the job done.

Suprised that Wilson has made the squad and the bench the past 2 weeks.

Hopefully he can have a good pre-season if he travels with the team and have the same impact as Adnan. Will be tough for him though as he has some tough competition up front.
Think we should try to loan him next year - but it will be hard to get a good loan for a player who hasn't done much yet.

Really hope he can make it. He has the basics, pace, power and can finish. Just worry he doesn't have enough beyond that to his game. One of the best academy players though, comparable to Adnan and Morrison at that level IMO.

KidA will know best he's watched him most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom