• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Hey Footy-Gaf, I recently became a Sounders FC fan after moving up to Seattle last year and now have a taste for Football. What's the easiest way to start catching some Premier League matches (or replays) to find an EPL team to watch/root for?

Liverpool mate. Your heart is already set on the magician that is Brendan Rodgers.

Clegg

That's the spirit.

iKQIgTzsqEzF9.gif
It'll be great. Flailing elbows, stomped ankles and flicking it to the little man. We can recreate those strike partnerships from the 70's but with 120% more shithouse.

We should keep Rio for another season too coz he loves twatting it forward from defence.

we need a competent RB too. Rafael is just as suspect as Evra defensively.

and not that much better offensively, isn't he?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
I dunno. He hasn't been good this season, can't deny that, but he was absolutely brilliant last year.

I don't think it's as urgent cos I think he can get back to that level. I wouldn't worry about it in this window - but I think Moyes will.

Hixx

We have 10/11 players out of contract/loan ending this season. And also 5 or 6 players saleable players who will find PL clubs, amusingly.

It's never boring being a Sunderland fan. On the pitch under a certain manager *cough* O'Neill *cough* maybe. Off it? Never.

Suprised that Wilson has made the squad and the bench the past 2 weeks.

Hopefully he can have a good pre-season if he travels with the team and have the same impact as Adnan. Will be tough for him though as he has some tough competition up front.

Wilson is the most talented of the youth players now that Adnan made the step up. Like Adnan, he looks the best despite being one of the youngest on the pitch. Although it was more impressive with Adnan as he played alongside the team that played with Ravel and Pogba who are out on loan this season. He's really consistent (not talking goals here) when it comes to his touch, his decision making, etc... like Adnan was. If he has quiet games, it's not his fault. The team just doesn't give him the ball enough at times or creates enough for him.

He won't have the same impact as Adnan because its a lot more difficult to shine as a striker who relies on service, but at the same time needs end product to justify his place on the team. Or I could be completely wrong and he'll thrive with better players creating for him.

Moyes will like him though because his work rate is similar to Rooney. He never stops running. That might afford him more chances.

K1LLER7

Wilson is the most talented of the youth players now that Adnan made the step up. Like Adnan, he looks the best despite being one of the youngest on the pitch. Although it was more impressive with Adnan as he played alongside the team that played with Ravel and Pogba who are out on loan this season. He's really consistent (not talking goals here) when it comes to his touch, his decision making, etc... like Adnan was. If he has quiet games, it's not his fault. The team just doesn't give him the ball enough at times or creates enough for him.

He won't have the same impact as Adnan because its a lot more difficult to shine as a striker who relies on service, but at the same time needs end product to justify his place on the team. Or I could be completely wrong and he'll thrive with better players creating for him.

Moyes will like him though because his work rate is similar to Rooney. He never stops running. That might afford him more chances.
Hopefully we get to see what he can do with the first team in pre-season. Then as Viva said, try and get him a loan.

Will be interesting to see what United will do with Powell too. Would think a loan to a PL team will do him good.

Why did I click on that "Photo with the creepiest backstory" link at Reddit? Shit.

Goddammit, I seem to know nearly all of this already. I visit spaceghetto too much. On the subject of Budd Dwyer, I can't believe Jim Sterling included that suicide clip of him, on one of his jimquisition on the escapist.

Elchele

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...s_the_photo_that_has_the_creepiest_backstory/

Some really haunting backstories. Got worse as it went on. For example, there's a 45 minute recording of the Jonestown mass suicide and a (supposedly real) 911 call of a woman, reporting a strange man when suddenly someone breaks in. Fucked up shit.

There's also the GIF of the big black man on the boat laughing. If you ever thought the whole "He's laughing about the Holocaust" was a joke, it's not.

wut
not clicking then

keep telling us more stuff pls :D

Slizz

Read some creepy shit about Mazda, apparently they are recalling cars because of spiders in the gas tanks.... Not as quite as good as the Reddit shit.

Hopefully we get to see what he can do with the first team in pre-season. Then as Viva said, try and get him a loan.

Will be interesting to see what United will do with Powell too. Would think a loan to a PL team will do him good.

Powell should go on loan to a PL team next season. Wilson will be part of the pre season tour because of the world cup. Not sure what to do with him. It will depend on how much he progresses in the next 4 months.

I'm watching the Cardiff match right now and Zaha is wank.

Slizz

Barhopping for my boys b-day tonight, would be more fun if most bars here weren't outside and its hot as fuck out.

Oersted

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...s_the_photo_that_has_the_creepiest_backstory/

Some really haunting backstories. Got worse as it went on. For example, there's a 45 minute recording of the Jonestown mass suicide and a (supposedly real) 911 call of a woman, reporting a strange man when suddenly someone breaks in. Fucked up shit. Most pictures are not that "insane" by themselves though, except for maybe the corpse pictures.

There's also the GIF of the big black man on the boat laughing. If you ever thought the whole "He's laughing about the Holocaust" was a joke, it's not.

Who is fascinated by nightmare-stuff, look up my warcrimes thread.

Dogbert will return. There are not so many awesome cartoon dogs.
What is yours supposed to be?

Too bad most of the stuff just repeats after a while, as is usual with Reddit. Not enough completely insane stuff, but enough for one night. The horror stuff is just stupid, but there's some creepy real stuff.

Well stupid maybe, but I am now watching a documentary about Robert Ben Rhoades. What a fucking weirdo.

Just finished The Returned (Les Revenents). Very Twin Peaks-esque IMO. Sucks that season 2 won't be out until 2015, and then who knows when it becomes available in the US.

GorillaJu

I spent the last 5 days working as a translator at this giant congress of ophthalmology. Basically spent 12-14 hours a day helping doctors organize their presentations with the Japanese staff at the Tokyo Imperial Hotel. And I was given the duty of being personal interpreter for a woman who received a lifetime achievement award at the award ceremony, where the Prince of Japan was present and only a few yards away from me.

Never worked so hard in my life but the congress is over and suddenly I have time again. Beer has never tasted so good lol

/livejournal

Salazar

So Shinji had a good game last night?

First half we got nothing sparklingly positive done, really. Second half, he was just excellent.

Like others have said, we need the midfield security, wit, and aggression to

a) win
b) keep
c) circulate

the ball higher up the pitch. When we were able to give Shinji, Mata, and Januzaj the ball in the final third - instead of on or before halfway - things kicked into gear.

And the people who give him stick for getting muscled off the ball should take a look at how monstrously fucking powder-puff Fellaini is. Leaving aside the disgraceful lashing out with his elbows, he's not physically dominating ANY challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom