• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

calza

Well presumably it's to capitalise on an expanding fan base due to their success

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1950517-criticism-of-empty-seats-misguided-as-man-city-move-closer-to-stadium-expansion

Admittedly, City have struggled to sell out cup games this season. But in a time of austerity that has seen working families struggling to make ends meat, fans attempting to criticise other fans for not purchasing extra tickets is counter-productive at best.

As Lynch himself acknowledged, City’s average Premier League attendance this season is an impressive 47,107—the fourth highest in the country. The expansion will be good for the club, the fans and the surrounding area, and any attempts to mock the proposals are misguided and bitter.

lol

Wilbur

Banned
True but many seasons you can do that and still win the league if you get everything else in order.

Yeah, but I'd like to see us be competitive against the bigger clubs. This is a freak season, I think; things like Fulham and Cardiff won't happen very many times. But I can see us getting routinely trounced at rivals unless Moyes sorts it

Clegg

Still lost at Anfield, Bridge and Etihad.
We also dropped at least 6 points from winnable positions at OT, against "smaller" clubs. Games we should have won but didn't because we shit it at home. Even with the heavy losses against the bigger clubs we'd be right in the race for 4th if we're done the job in the other games.

Wilbur

Banned
We also dropped at 6 points from winnable positions at OT. Games we should have won but didn't because we shit it at home right now. Even with the heavy losses against the bigger clubs we'd be right in the race for 4th if we're done the job in the other games.

Southampton, Fulham, WBA, Cardiff and Everton results have all come in the last ten minutes I think. Extra time in three of them, and Cardiff's the only away one.

K1LLER7

For all the good things today Fellaini's performances mid-week and today was worrying to watch.
Give him another season. Only positive is he actually tries to put himself around the opposition. Otherwise we would have Cleverley, who plays the ghost role every time he plays. My prefered starting 2 would be Carrick and Fletch. But neither are very physical.

Willy C would be perfect.

Splatt

iVL1eLUxZwSFL.gif

Possibly points not at a lack of quality, but a lack of confidence.

Fergie's United weren't exactly shit hot against City lately, and Liverpool are like a whole new team.

We played at Anfield in the beginning of the season and Liverpool were pretty shit in that game too. United were just worse.

Oh man, I'm worried about Freiburg again :( fucking Stuttgart

No need to, really. I guess Nürnberg will be the unlucky one out. Although I've been very impressed by their performances this year.

Whoever finishes on the relegation spot will stay in the Bundesliga and kick the shitty club back where it came from. No way fucking Paderborn or something will win against any Bundesliga team over two legs.

Edit: Wait, Pauli is in reach again? Fuck HSV please

If we get Big Willeh, we'll need to buy another midfielder that is more mobile and creative. We'll also need to get rid of Clevdog.

Elchele

No need to, really. I guess Nürnberg will be the unlucky one out. Although I've been very impressed by their performances this year.

Whoever finishes on the relegation spot will stay in the Bundesliga and kick the shitty club back where it came from. No way fucking Paderborn or something will win against any Bundesliga team over two legs.

Hopefully. Freiburg have a shitty fixture incoming:

vs. Brawnie
vs. Gladbach
vs. Wolfsburg (A)
vs. Schalke
vs. Hannover 96 (A)

They can win against Braunschweig, but the rest? maybe pull an upset against Wolfsburg and hopefully a win against Hannover in the last matchday. It's going to be very close between Stuttgart, Freiburg, Nurnberg and HSV anyway... any of those could end up going down.

fake edit: just looked at Nürnberg fixtures :lol rip. Btw, is it true that Nurnberg's coach didn't want to sit next to Streich for the post-game press conference? :lol so salty

Hopefully. Freiburg have a shitty fixture incoming:

vs. Brawnie
vs. Gladbach
vs. Wolfsburg (A)
vs. Schalke
vs. Hannover 96 (A)

They can win against Braunschweig, but the rest? maybe pull an upset against Wolfsburg and hopefully a win against Hannover in the last matchday. It's going to be very close between Stuttgart, Freiburg, Nurnberg and HSV anyway... any of those could end up going down.

fake edit: just looked at Nürnberg fixtures :lol rip. Btw, is it true that Nurnberg's coach didn't want to sit next to Streich for the post-game press conference? :lol so salty

Yeah, Verbeek said Streich "repeatedly insulted him during the match". But I don't really believe it. Mainly because, while Streich definitely is a nutcase, he's not that type of nutcase. I'd guess he just said something with his Badisch accent and Verbeek thought he was being insulted lol.
And I don't believe it because he's Dutch but don't tell that anyone.

Elchele

Yeah, Verbeek said Streich "repeatedly insulted him during the match". But I don't really believe it. Mainly because, while Streich definitely is a nutcase, he's not that type of nutcase. I'd guess he just said something with his Badisch accent and Verbeek thought he was being insulted lol.
And I don't believe it because he's Dutch but don't tell that anyone.

looooool

Today's second half was good to watch. Just nice to see United play with some verve again and to just be entertained a bit.

Newcastle are completely fucking shit so whilst we can't draw too much from it, definitely has me thinking about how Moyes could set the team up going into next season assuming he remains in charge.

Mata, Kagawa and Januzaj has to be way forward. They offer such a great blend between them. The only thing that trio lacks is blistering pace but they're no slouches.

What we need is to get them as far up the pitch and on the ball as often as possible. This is why it's essential to put a midfield in place which can do that, win the ball back quickly and play it into feet. This doesn't even require a genuinely brilliant playmaker although of course that is the desire. A strong base would allow our full backs to provide width too.

I really wouldn't be too worried if we don't add to our attack this summer. It would be nice but we have some good players there, we need to cement our base to help them be effective. 2 CMs, CB and LB are the essential buys.

Splatt

People laugh at Bebe, but he went from being homeless to a professional player.

He isn't even that bad
better than Cleverleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom