• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

In all honesty, they had 3 or 4 very wrong decisions go there way in dangerous positions. None will ever be discussed again because it wasn't City. It's actually quite hilarious.

Did we fuck. All the decisions bar the pen that went our way were correct.

Thank fuck for that

2 wrongs do make a right if they happen in the same game, without the first wrong swinging the momentum too much. It doesn't excuse the ref, but it legitimises the result.

Sturridge and Sterling were disappointing, Suarez no more than decent. Lucas was very good when he came on. Gerrard didn't get booked, think he's reached the amnesty now.

Phew. Didn't enjoy that game one bit :p

In all honesty, they had 3 or 4 very wrong decisions go there way in dangerous positions. None will ever be discussed again because it wasn't City. It's actually quite hilarious.

i genuinely hope you complete destroy them with a bunch of phantom pens. fight corruption with corruption.

City has my sword.

elseanio

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

GorillaJu

It wasn't our best performance, West Ham were really organized in defense. I dunno, we did it. 3 huge, huge points. I was absolutely convinced this is where our streak would end, and thought my fears were justified as the game went on and a draw looked more and more inevitable. Huge sigh of relief.

TeddyBoy

Shouldn't have to rely on penalties when we have the league's best offense. Poor match, but important that we were able to get 3 points on an off day.

That's actually from Big Sam though, he got his tactics right. Played a deep line and leave just one up top. Can't get hit on the counter and can't get played through by Coutinho with so many bodies in there. Excellent tactically, even if it's extremely annoying.

Second penalty could easily not of been given, but their goal was also controversial.

Lucas was very good when he came on. Gerrard didn't get booked, think he's reached the amnesty now.

Phew. Didn't enjoy that game one bit :p

Lucas was very good when he came on, Gerrard has to survive the City game before he has a yellow card suspension.

He had a similar role earlier in the season before his injury, albeit running from a deeper position. Strangely enough our team had no idea how to deal (read:play) with him!

Gerrard's new position has changed his role considerably.

He did, that was against Stoke away. He played badly then, because like you say, no one knew how to deal with him. Today he seemed to link well and certainly played better than Coutinho.

subtles

Meier, please.

The referee's association is making up for all of the decisions that went City's way before our clash. Deflecting eyes from that oil money.

YNWA

Meier

Did we fuck. All the decisions bar the pen that went our way were correct.
Just very quickly off the top of my head from watching the second half:

Carroll did not foul Henderson at edge of box -- got the ball. Stopped a West Ham attack right outside the penalty area.

Henderson should have been called for handball just outside the box at the end of the game. Would have set up a dangerous FK for West Ham.

I didn't see the Tomkins handball to comment but heard it could have gone either way.

Sane_Man

Carroll did not foul Henderson at edge of box -- got the ball. Stopped a West Ham attack right outside the penalty area.

Henderson should have been called for handball just outside the box at the end of the game. Would have set up a dangerous FK for West Ham.

Adrian got the ball, no penalty. Should my have been awarded.

I didn't see the Tomkins handball to comment.

Carroll is a dirty fouling bastard and did foul Hendo.

Henderson didn't handball it. His hands were by his sides and it was hit at him at point blank range. If that's a handball we'd have had 3 more pens.

Pen I agree with, as I stated before.

And none of that is comparable to the shit City have got away with which is absolutely blatant, so get back in the water.

Meier

Carroll is a dirty fouling bastard and did foul Hendo.

Henderson didn't handball it. His hands were by his sides and it was hit at him at point blank range. If that's a handball we'd have had 3 more pens.
Carroll got the ball first, no foul was committed.

By his sides? He brought his arm in front of his face and it hit his arm. Yeah, it would have been harsh and unlucky, but that was not a natural occurrence. He purposely used his arm.

"I didn't see it so I'm not going to comment but here's my comment anyway."
Honestly, I have no opinion on it personally as I didn't see it. I'm sure I could have picked out numerous other incorrect decisions if I watched the first half. Just heard the NBC announcer mention he'd made 3 big, tough decisions.

Labadal

Just very quickly off the top of my head from watching the second half:

I didn't see the Tomkins handball to comment but heard it could have gone either way.
Lol. Carroll's challenge was a foul. You'd have gone crazy if it was against you.

Henderson had his hand tucked to his body.

Both penalties were legit. Hell, we could have had another pen with the Armero handball no one mentions.

Justice was done today.

Sane_Man

This bitterness is sweet to Liverpool fans. It means we're genuinely a threat again. Our glorious return is confirmed by the tears of little rival fans.

Meier

City fans feel threatened.
Not really. It's just so tiresome to hear the same old shit every week when it happens to every top team. You could count 4 or 5 incorrect or even questionable decisions that benefit every team in every game. But it doesn't fit the storyline that people want to tell.

jayj306

Banned
Good point made by Hoddle there that, even though the West Ham goalie got the ball first, the ball didn't go out of play and was still active and if you then take the man down on the follow though, it's a penalty.

I am no fan of Liverpool at all, but fucking hell. Such bitterness itt.

it's not bitterness, it's hilariousness on how some are quick to point out and moan about other teams getting game defining decisions but when they get them it's "oh, 2 wrongs make a right, whatever".

been said before, some folks can't handle catching a whiff of success.

Meier

it's not bitterness, it's hilariousness on how some are quick to point out and moan about other teams getting game defining decisions but when they get them it's "oh, 2 wrongs make a right, whatever".
This is describing whom? It sounds literally like the thread today.

I'm not sure who I want to win the title. On the face of it, Liverpool seems to be the obvious choice as they are the underdog, they haven't bought their way to a title like Man City, and it's a new team on the list of PL winners. However, if Liverpool do win the Liverpool supporters will be even more insufferable then before. Can we not just call it a draw and move onto next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom