• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

LAtn5Ld.jpg

1QPExPR.jpg

TBRt7Gw.jpg

IP4AuHZ.jpg

uGsWk5X.jpg

Vfu2zuT.jpg

Zabojnik

I can't believe we enlisted Pepe for EL, a player with zero caps in the past two seasons, still injured and with basically no chance of recovery ... but not Quagliarella.

The Llama

Klopp will revive football today

LOL

best thing they could possibly do is somehow send him "on loan" to some other La Liga club to gain experience in that league.

they already signed his replacement

I don't think that'd be possible though because they wouldn't be able to register him.

Elchele

Zabo, what Kindle do you have? the Paperwhite thing? I want to buy one but I don't know how if the screen to your eyes (macbook screen kills my eyes at night) and if you can read without a problem under the sun

overall, I want to know if the screen is actually good to read and good on your eyes

The Llama

Zabo, what Kindle do you have? the Paperwhite thing? I want to buy one but I don't know how if the screen to your eyes (macbook screen kills my eyes at night) and if you can read without a problem under the sun

overall, I want to know if the screen is actually good to read and good on your eyes

ebook reader screens are a LOT different from laptop screens. Shouldn't hurt your eyes at night, and you'll be able to read in the sun, no problem.

They could use a "third party" club to do Barcelona a favor and sign him for one season or something tricky like those spanish champs do.

tbh I think its mostly likely they'll take as long as possible to file their appeal to ensure that they'll have at least part of the summer to sign players.

Wilbur

Banned
Three decent MUFC FB updates:

@MUFC_Facebook: WE DID NOT LOSE WE DID NOT LOSE O THANK THE LORD OF LIGHT WE DID NOT LOSE

@MUFC_Facebook: buttner plays very gud - not like his usual rotten meat

@MUFC_Facebook: When Vidic Scored My Heart Went To Star Haven

And one that fucking killed me

@MUFC_Facebook: all the players that are supposed 2 be bad were actually good... so duh just send moyes to kuba koalas FC

arkon

I'm still at work. Please understand.

I was chatting with the impossibly cute new receptionist earlier and we somehow ended talking about books. She recommended I read The Fault in Our Stars. Is it a sappy teenage romance as the movie trailer suggests or does it actually have substance?

Think I gave it 3 out 5 on finishing it. Probably would downgrade it now on reflection. Feels manipulative and I also got quite annoyed with the main characters. Being ironic about their situations was fine, even funny at times, but they were both far too pretentious for my liking. Dawson's Creek dialogue. That's what it reminded me of.

I'm so tired that this is now the funniest thing ever.

I'll take it.

jesalr

I think he's free agent in the summer

Transfermarkt has his current contract until 2017

iZa5MPO1p2AjL_zpse11db6e0.gif

Apparently Barca were paying £1.8m for him up front? We offered £15m or something. Dodgy.

Well, our bid was accepted, but his dad said he didn't want him to go. Imagine once he had his mind set on Barca they could kinda dictate the price. I doubt we were paying anywhere near 15 up front either too.

Hixx

RT @BenSmithBBC: #WBA striker Saido Berahino considering legal action against teammate after dressing-room row. More @BBCSport

Oh wow, I wonder what happened.

My favourite part about this is the amount of people who blamed Sessegnon for giving the ball away.

Same people who were laughing at a certain referee not too long ago
dPrJaGc.png

Meier

Apparently Barca were paying £1.8m for him up front? We offered £15m or something. Dodgy.

They did the same thing with him as they did to us with Denis Suarez. Tons of incentives and per game payments but only for Barca proper. He's (Halilovic) going into Barca B to start.. or would have been. Suarez's up front payment was something like £2.5 but could go to £9m and has a sell-on fee and first right of refusal for City. They'll probably end up loaning him out to a La Liga club next summer and we won't get much if anything for a few years, heh.

jesalr

I blame Pep, left chaos at Barca, brought chaos to Bayern. Destroyer of worlds.

Probably join Spurs for an hour and start another riot before leaving in a private choppa.

Zabojnik

I think I have the version previous to paperwhite. My brother has it and the screen is even better than the one on mine. And yeah, it's fantastic for long reading sessions. It is literally like reading text on paper, so sunlight is actually welcome. The paperwhite version is backlit (not sure if you can turn the backlight off completely, but you can definitely tinker with it), so that's a big plus compared to the one I have. I've been thinking about upgrading, but Yurt would backstab me DS-style if I got another kindle before buying a tablet and finishing Jojo.

Go for it. Just know that it's not a tablet. It amazing for reading, terrible for everything else.

Wilbur

Banned
The way they've gone, I bet you wish Moyes had been banned from making transfers :p

Did anyone at the match get annoyed with the tiki-taka?

Mata will come good, whether it's under Moyes or someone else.

And nah; nor was I to be honest. You're too invested in the atmosphere and following everything at that pace that no one goes "fuck me this is boring isn't it?"

Elchele

I think I have the version previous to paperwhite. My brother has it and the screen is even better than the one on mine. And yeah, it's fantastic for long reading sessions. It is literally like reading text on paper, so sunlight is actually welcome. The paperwhite version is backlit (not sure if you can turn it off completely, but you can definitely tinker with it), so that's definitely a big plus.

Go for it. Just know that it's not a tablet. It amazing for reading, terrible for anything else.

yes I only want it to read, maybe I can get it for my birthday.
never understood the point of tablets anyway

can you upload books from your computer (aka, not buying them from amazon)?

Wilbur

Banned
Next step would be for UEFA to man the fuck up and follow FFP through.

Yeah; PSG and City are gonna have to wise up (unless buying new clubs and sponsoring yourself really counts, but that's financial fucking doping :looool).

Chelsea in trouble as well apparently? Told Vitesse not to win the league or something? I saw the back page of the standard but haven't actually read the story

confuziz

Banned
Yeah; PSG and City are gonna have to wise up (unless buying new clubs and sponsoring yourself really counts, but that's financial fucking doping :looool).

Chelsea in trouble as well apparently? Told Vitesse not to win the league or something? I saw the back page of the standard but haven't actually read the story

Yep, the dutch FA is going to investigate it. Maybe UEFA too.

Meier

I got my wife the Paperwhite for Christmas and she is in love. I have the previous version of the Kindle with the official case that has a light that extends out of a corner but this is obviously significantly better. I got her a decent case for only $15 (we have a spending limit) and it's pretty nice. All told it was like $140.

Blablurn

btw... everytime i check instagram there is another neymar picture with another strange person (friend?). i wonder if he really get those guys shipped from brazil every week.

one could make a game called neymar and his shitty friends.

arkon

Yeah. I use send-to-kindle and then switch on the wifi on the kindle to download.

Zabojnik

Think I gave it 3 out 5 on finishing it. Probably would downgrade it now on reflection. Feels manipulative and I also got quite annoyed with the main characters. Being ironic about their situations was fine, even funny at times, but they were both far too pretentious for my liking. Dawson's Creek dialogue. That's what it reminded me of.

I see. Synopsis it is then. Thanks, arkonstone. <3

With extreme ease. Calibre is your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom