• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona have been banned from signing players for two transfer windows for breach of FIFA transfer rules: http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2313003/index.html

is that for real?

April fools?
smiley-laughing002.gif

jesalr

I'm not sure I understand.

Well, our stadium is kind of being built over WHL. The initial plan was use the new stadium while it hadn't been finished
tottenhamstadium.jpg

Guessing now that we'll try to use somewhere like wembley for the period where the new stadium isn't finished but WHL gets taken apart.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The Transfer Ban is absolute bullshit, by that same rule Messi would've never been a footballer. Think about how ridiculous it is.

Moobabe

Timmy stop doing this, no one wants to read my posts TWICE
KuGsj.gif

I love reading the truth twice just to see Bayern fans reject it even more!

But in fairness Bayern had ten million sideways passes and theyre manager is cooler than Moyes so.. they dominated the game!

Into

Lol Farca are so fucked, because while a ban on the next few transfer windows is bad enough for any squad, for them its even worse, because so many players are leaving/retiring this summer.

The sucky part is that its a waste of a whole season if not more for Messi, one of the best footballers in recent times. Because i dont see how a depleted Farca squad will compete with the best. Watch Real get 1 major player like they do every season (Suarez probably, Vidal maybe)

The Transfer Ban is absolute bullshit, by that same rule Messi would've never been a footballer. Think about how ridiculous it is.

The only bullshit I see is the ones by fans of the impacted clubs that don't acknowledge how important it's to provide protection for minors from abuses/explotation/harm that these types of actions by clubs produce. Stop being shortsighted and accept that clubs need to comply with the football regulations in regards to individuals that required protection from money hungry clubs.

We are not talking about a sack of balls or a pitch. We are talking about individuals and minors at that that have been given provisions because they were exploited before.

Ugh.

sohois

Do doicare post at all after the utd game? Given that Bayern dominated in possession and chances, he surely should have been on here celebrating Utd's incredible luck and remarking that they should have lost. Right?

Timmy stop doing this, no one wants to read my posts TWICE
KuGsj.gif

I've spent the last 10 minutes running around the Forest of Fallen Giants with a Staff in one hand and a Pyromancy Glove in the other, just lobbing fireballs and soul arrows at the trash mobs :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've spent the last 10 minutes running around the Forest of Fallen Giants with a Staff in one hand and a Pyromancy Glove in the other, just lobbing fireballs and soul arrows at the trash mobs :p
is this how it feels to be Bayern in the Bundesliga?
I love reading the truth twice just to see Bayern fans reject it even more!

But in fairness Bayern had ten million sideways passes and theyre manager is cooler than Moyes so.. they dominated the game!

Loooool innit
3AQmK.gif

Razor554

Lol Farca are so fucked, because while a ban on the next few transfer windows is bad enough for any squad, for them its even worse, because so many players are leaving/retiring this summer.

The sucky part is that its a waste of a whole season if not more for Messi, one of the best footballers in recent times. Because i dont see how a depleted Farca squad will compete with the best. Watch Real get 1 major player like they do every season (Suarez probably, Vidal maybe)

You live in deep denial if you think we can't make signings this summer. We can be banned for 2015, but if(and when) we appeal to CAS we most likely can and will make some big signings this window.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Duke's Dear Freja is bullshit

Did you kill her? Just run counterclockwise. The little spiders won't catch up to you and everything she throws at you will miss.

she drops Seath the Scaleless's soul in NG+, which you can use to create the Moonlight Greatsword! So just use The Bonfire Ascetic and fight her again.

-
this backstab ring is amazing. Yup, that's an actual ghost hanging on his back to protect him from backstabs!

Scum

Did you kill her? Just run counterclockwise. The little spiders won't catch up to you and everything she throws at you will miss.

she drops Seath the Scaleless's soul in NG+, which you can use to create the Moonlight Greatsword! So just use The Bonfire Ascetic and fight her again.
NNNNNNEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDD!

-
this backstab ring is amazing. Yup, that's an actual ghost hanging on his back to protect him from backstabs!

Yeah, ended up just circle strafing at just enough distance to provoke and avoid the beam, but close enough to take advantage and attack

Got a choice now between the Gutter, the Iron Keep and the Doors of Pharros

Still haven't found a weapon I like as much as the Fire Longsword, or a decent bow. Still using the same shield I found about 5 hours in too :(

nawz

Banned
Here is an Article by FT.com
Fifa bans FC Barcelona from transfer windows
By Roger Blitz in London

Barcelona’s self-proclaimed image as one of the most reputable sports clubs in the world has been dealt a serious blow after Fifa imposed a 14-month transfer ban on the Spanish league champions for breaking rules over the purchase of international under-18 players.
An investigation by world football’s governing body found the club had breached its rules over the registration of 10 minors and committed infringements relating to other players.

The transfer ban is not just damaging to FC Barcelona’s playing prospects for next season but also to its standing in the game, already tarnished by the tax investigation into last summer’s transfer of Neymar, the Brazilian striker.
A Spanish court is investigating the Neymar deal, which has already led to the resignation of Sandro Rosell as club president. Though the club denies impropriety, it has made a €13.6m payment to the tax authorities in case its interpretation of what it was due to pay was mistaken.

Wednesday’s ban is potentially more significant. Fifa has outlawed the club from participation in the next two transfer windows, either within Spain or abroad, and fined the club SFr450,000 ($509,000)

It means Barcelona must make do with its existing squad until the summer of 2015 at the earliest, a critical handicap for a club that competes with Real Madrid, Manchester United and Bayern Munich, football’s biggest revenue earners, for the best talent.
Under Fifa rules, clubs can engage in international transfers of minors only in limited circumstances.

“The investigations concerned several minor players who were registered and participated in competitions with the club over various periods between 2009- 2013,” said Fifa.
Its disciplinary committee’s investigation concluded that “while international transfers might, in specific cases, be favourable to a young player’s sporting career, they are very likely to be contrary to the best interests of the player as a minor”.
On the basis of this analysis, the committee concluded that “the interest in protecting the appropriate and healthy development of a minor as a whole must prevail over purely sporting interests”.

The club has been given 90 days “to regularise the situation of all minor players concerned”, said Fifa.

RFEF, the royal Spanish football federation, was also fined SFr500,000 and given a year to gets its house in order regarding the international transfer of minors.
The transfer ban is likely to have a distorting effect on the next two transfer windows because Barcelona is usually one of the most significant participants, in terms of numbers of transfers and size of deals. The club paid €57.1m to Brazil’s FC Santos for Neymar last year.

By its exalted standards, Barcelona’s season has been less than impressive. It has lost four times, and struggled to assert its usual authority, both in La Liga and the European Champions League, leading to fans’ expectations of squad changes this summer.
The team sit currently in second place in La Liga, behind surprise leaders Atlético Madrid but ahead of Real Madrid. Barcelona and Atlético drew one goal apiece in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday.

Barcelona’s motto més que un club – more than a club – underlines its belief that it is a special sporting entity with deep roots in its Catalan culture and community. Its players for several years wore the logo of Unicef on their shirts and the club sponsored the UN children’s charity. However, since the 2011-12 season financial needs have seen that sponsorship replaced by commercial sponsors from Qatar.

Ingeniero

More evidence against barcelolna.
Their overall cuntiness is very public now with legal sanctions.
The implosion is starting, about damn time.
Relegation is next.

The Llama

RT @BenSmithBBC: #WBA striker Saido Berahino considering legal action against teammate after dressing-room row. More @BBCSport

Oh wow, I wonder what happened.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, ended up just circle strafing at just enough distance to provoke and avoid the beam, but close enough to take advantage and attack

Got a choice now between the Gutter, the Iron Keep and the Doors of Pharros

Still haven't found a weapon I like as much as the Fire Longsword, or a decent bow. Still using the same shield I found about 5 hours in too :(

the Doors of Pharros is very short, easy and optional. The Gutter is not hard, but quite fucking annoying
POSION AND SUICIDAL UNDEAD
. The Iron Keep is a blast! (you'll find the Blacksmith Amber there)

Zabojnik

Nein, nein, nein.

Play the guitar and watch the American soccer.

I'm still at work. Please understand.

I was chatting with the impossibly cute new receptionist earlier and we somehow ended talking about books. She recommended I read The Fault in Our Stars. Is it a sappy teenage romance as the movie trailer suggests or does it actually have substance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom