• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

This guy's reaction loooool

The_streak_is_over_2.gif

That one was on you guys. You pictured him as the next Fergie. But he's been basically a dead beat horse mommy

No we didn't. Almost Everyone wanted Klopp, or Mou. I didn't want Moyes at all and thought Arnie was crazy for thinking Fergie would pick him. Arnie was proven right and Fergie picked him. A few accepted Moyes and thought he could succeed with time.

The whole thing started with you not knowing who Moyes was. It had nothing to do with a prediction of how Moyes would do as manager.

G-Unit

We should definitely be back up there if we nail most of our signings and pull off a couple of stellar deals.

I'd tentatively count Willy C as a stellar deal.

And not getting fucked by injuries (/doicare) always helps.

Jesus fucking christ you just don't read. Or think. Or bathe, probably.

My old thought on that matter stands. What has the oldie achieve that required me to know him before this season? The sad part is, he's been as medriocre as it can be.

My old thought on that matter stands. What has the oldie achieve that required me to know him before this season? The sad part is, he's been as medriocre as it can be.

He didn't achieve anything, but he was a manager that almost everyone knew about.

GorillaJu

I don't even know which club (and it's fans) I hate. I mean I hate United but Utd-Gaf are an extremely likable bunch, and they've got Kagawa, Mata and De Gea, three players I find it hard not to appreciate. Then again they still have Rooney, Fellaini, Van Persie and Rafael.

I don't hate City either, they're my favorite of the big money teams because of their playing personnel. Fernandinho has been one of my favorite PL players this season.

I really despised Arsenal for a time, when they were top and the fans were licking themselves up like they're made of candy. But now that things are back to the status quo for them, it's more sad than aggravating.

Chelsea I really can't stand, but I respect Mou for educating Rodgers and bringing him into the fold as a coach. They also gave us lots of money for Torres, gave us Sturridge for a lowish fee, and won the CL which helps the English coefficient.

Spurs I'm indifferent to.

Meier

Naw I'm sure you'll sneak an extra goal in with help from the refs.

Btw, how many slaves are your Qatari overlords going to be using for the renovation of the Etihad?

At least get your xenophobia right when making a joke. Sheikh Mansour is from Abu Dhabi which is in the United Arab Emirates.

Game of Thrones season 4 premiere was really great. :)

FuturusX

Though it was 2-1 and the game seemed tight. Liverpool were well ahead in the game today. 64% possession 17 shots, 8 on target vs 1 shot on target from the hammers. Hammers were brave...I'll give them that, bur Liverpool didn't even play that well and still had shots for fun.

Bring on City.

subtles

The tales I could tell you lot of Sheikh Mansour's nephews. looooooool

The only relevant one to Football is that one of them is a decent player and had a monster shot. I've lost count of how many balls needed to be replaced after he would play a game. On one occasion an older man, early 50's (roughly), went to goal and had his arm broken within a few minutes. The passion for footy there is extreme.

Salazar

He's banned in it

God I has Sundays

I'm marking a tsunami of essays about Eliot, Auden, Chaucer, and Beowulf.

You hate writing these things, lad. It's a damn sight worse marking em.

fellainid5s8qm7uwb.gif

His wrist's not hurting. He's just a damp, ridiculous-looking prick with a bad attitude. Why control it towards your own goal ? Does he have a molecule of an idea where he is on the pitch ?

subtles

"It's not an easy move coming to Manchester United, as I can tell you." Moyes said. "For Marouane, I think it's proved equally as difficult, but I have to say I think he has done a lot of good things and he has improved.

e9KgliT.gif

GorillaJu

The tales I could tell you lot of Sheikh Mansour's nephews. looooooool

The only relevant one to Football is that one of them is a decent player and had a monster shot. I've lost count of how many balls needed to be replaced after he would play a game. On one occasion an older man, early 50's (roughly), went to goal and had his arm broken within a few minutes. The passion for footy there is extreme.

Christ

Salazar

http://i.imgur.com/e9KgliT.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Even if he doesn't see Cisse coming. Even if he doesn't get a call from Fletcher or Smalling or ClevGOD*. It's an absurdly negligent, catastrophically fucking stupid little vignette.

*My mistake, Büttner. Maybe Büttner could make the Lahm switch. Those rococo stepovers in the middle of the pitch. Compelling prospect.

subtles

looooooool

Tumblr tags and being awake for an extensive period do that to you Sal.

I swear I read that tag and before me sat Cleverley.

faridmon

I try to hate every other club equally, but some are just more even than others. Just seeing Liverpool and their supporters happy makes me nauseous. Doesn't help that there's so many Liverpool fans in Scandinavian countries, and they all seem to be the same kind of cunts that supports brøndby. No offense Bjælke.

Yeah, Scandinavians (Norwegians especially) who happens to support Liverpool are the vilest people on this planets with their high horse attitude. Used to hate the club vehemently mainly because of them.

Some of the Gaffers actually changed my perception towards the club though. Some of those Liverpool-Gaf are actually alright (others are incredibly annoying and immaturely stupid though)

His wrist's not hurting. He's just a damp, ridiculous-looking prick with a bad attitude. Why control it towards your own goal ? Does he have a molecule of an idea where he is on the pitch ?

He does have a bad attitude, I'll give you that. But he will come good next season. His play isn't going as planned, he wouldn't do that at Everton. Something is clearly wrong there.

subtles

If United hadn't dropped a few of the very winnable points they lost, they would be in the mix for a CL spot. Only seven points off Arsenal.

I know ifs and buts could go either way but I do find it surprising considering the difference in points only a few months ago.

Even if he doesn't see Cisse coming. Even if he doesn't get a call from Fletcher or Smalling or ClevGOD*. It's an absurdly negligent, catastrophically fucking stupid little vignette.

*My mistake, Büttner. Maybe Büttner could make the Lahm switch. Those rococo stepovers in the middle of the pitch. Compelling prospect.

The worst thing is the reaction. Positively Wilshere-like reaction to making an error that lets a player run straight at the defense. No attempt to retrieve the situation and atone. Just a step or two to regain balance, and a pair of arms lifted as if to say 'what can I do about that, life's not fair on me'

Man I hope Norwich get relegated.

Luis-Suarez-120818-LooksOn-R-300.jpg

todays is francks 31st birthday.

rummennigge pls.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Reus

Dortmund players aren't given, they're taken.

He has his heart set on Liverpool anyway. Lewandowski is probably looking for a loophole to jump aboard Brendan's battleship as well, since the HMS Moyes blew a hole in Bayern's stern

Blablurn

Dortmund players aren't given, they're taken.

He has his heart set on Liverpool anyway. Lewandowski is probably looking for a loophole to jump aboard Brendan's battleship as well, since the HMS Moyes blew a hole in Bayern's stern

I like Liverpool but you guys are still not in Reus' class. You need to grow. You couldn't even handle Sahin :/

subtles

Mourinho broke Sahin. It's not our fault. Though I said it jokingly earlier, some of the complaints DortmundGaf had regarding Sahin were things Rodgers was apparently trying to coach him.

Reus hates Bayern so don't even start Bla. I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom