• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

I see so many people in the GoT thread saying they walked in the wrong thread on accident (the books spoilers one). And then people tell them they should subscribe to avoid that and they respond to that tip like a whole new world opens for them. How do people even browse this huge forum without using subscriptions is what I'm thinking then :p

PowderedToast

we're beating city.

anfield will be deafening

at first they won't see anything

just feel the wind blow past their face as sluggishly they shift their weight

(turn, gulp)

the flashes, the whistles, a blur

(the confidence fades)

a side glance behind, eyes meeting a sea of red men

(already breached)

cascading, crashing, a beautiful, poetic, primal elegance

(1, 2, 3, 4)

it's almost a dream

the kop

(only)

the stars

(one)

the world

(brendan)

in unison

(rodgers)

~fin

valeo

^ holy crap that was the worst thing i've ever read PowderedToast.

Anyway, in true Arsenal fashion we will win the FA Cup - finally breaking the duck - then fall out of the top 4.

Clegg

In the last 30 days we've been humiliated by Liverpool and City at home. But in that same time frame we've also played our best football of the season. It's coincided with Mata playing as the number 10 and Kagawa on the left. Of course the teams we've played have been shite, but right now I'll take any signs of life from United.

danwarb

If this is to be Wenger's last season I hope he does win something.

I love that so many of John Lithgow's tweets are about LFC games.

Fry

If this is to be Wenger's last season I hope he does win something.

I love that so many of John Lithgow's tweets are about LFC games.

John Lithgow ‏@JohnLithgow 6 h

Happy Sunday LFC fans, still #topofthetable thanks to Steve's penalities #YNWA

Craig Winstanley ‏@Wince_Fac251 6 h

@JohnLithgow Keep believeing trinity!!!

Dude calls him trinity and has a Patrick Bateman avatar. #psycho

In the last 30 days we've been humiliated by Liverpool and City at home. But in that same time frame we've also played our best football of the season. It's coincided with Mata playing as the number 10 and Kagawa on the left. Of course the teams we've played have been shite, but right now I'll take any signs of life from United.

Then again even with Mata, Rooney, RVP, Kagawa we're still far from being top 4 material.

Our way of playing is pretty horrible imo. Great players, but too many good at the same role with our wings being shit.

calza

Then again even with Mata, Rooney, RVP, Kagawa we're still far from being top 4 material.

Our way of playing is pretty horrible imo. Great players, but too many good at the same role with our wings being shit.

How are you away from top 4 material when you have the most points away from home?

New Mario Kart looks boss tbf. Smash Bros can do one though. Wish Nintendo would merge their console business with Sony, never gonna happen though

danwarb

John Lithgow ‏@JohnLithgow 6 h

Happy Sunday LFC fans, still #topofthetable thanks to Steve's penalities #YNWA

Craig Winstanley ‏@Wince_Fac251 6 h

@JohnLithgow Keep believeing trinity!!!

Dude calls him trinity and has a Patrick Bateman avatar. #psycho
psycho3.gif

Haven't seen Dexter.

wedward

The whole thing is hilarious and sad at the same time.

Before the season, everyone was like "WENGER OUT". Then, Wenger bought a lazy fuck from Madrid that nobody else wanted and Arsenal fans were just getting MAD excited. They had a good start into the season and the fans thought they are now the best of all time. Now look at all the broken pieces and Wenger must go posts after the fans noticed they are not a single bit better off than before. If it wasn't for Moyes, they'd probably be on a Europa League spot already.

Did you use your brain when you wrote this?

jtb

Banned
United are a few shrewd moves from being right back in the top 4, I think. subtract European fixtures, subtract current manager and a few veterans, add three players, add a competent manager. this season was probably the worst possible outcome for a squad that won the league. sure, the transfers have been papering over the cracks for a long time which has led to them being horribly exposed with Moyes at the helm, but I think there's also bound to be some regression to the mean next season. I would say that it's a big risk to gut the team too quickly, but I think it's pretty clear who's good enough and who isn't and the group of players that are good still form a strong, not particularly old spine so I don't necessarily see a Liverpool (or even Chelsea) situation happening.

just a different manager and no mid-week fixtures ever will be a huge huge boost, I think.

if Everton make the top 4 this season, there is an infinitesimally small chance they qualify in back to back years. if Arsenal miss out, could easily see them really struggling to get back in the top 4 also with EL fixtures to deal with. the opportunity will be there, I think.

King_Moc

Banned
United are a few shrewd moves from being right back in the top 4, I think. subtract European fixtures, subtract current manager and a few veterans, add three players, add a competent manager. this season was probably the worst possible outcome for a squad that won the league. sure, the transfers have been papering over the cracks for a long time which has led to them being horribly exposed with Moyes at the helm, but I think there's also bound to be some regression to the mean next season. I would say that it's a big risk to gut the team too quickly, but I think it's pretty clear who's good enough and who isn't and the group of players that are good still form a strong, not particularly old spine so I don't necessarily see a Liverpool (or even Chelsea) situation happening.

just a different manager and no mid-week fixtures ever will be a huge huge boost, I think.

if Everton make the top 4 this season, there is an infinitesimally small chance they qualify in back to back years. if Arsenal miss out, could easily see them really struggling to get back in the top 4 also with EL fixtures to deal with. the opportunity will be there, I think.

It can happen easier than you think. For us, it all toppled when Alongso left. That's all it took. You haven't even lost a player yet, just the manager. And does Martinez's instant success at Everton not make you wonder exactly why Moyes didn't manage the same?

G-Unit

Sup maaaaaa biatches, im back.

ManU still failling
Moyes was a mistake
Barca still figthing the good figth
La liga competitive as fuck
gogo liverpool

jtb

Banned
It can happen easier than you think. For us, it all toppled when Alongso left. That's all it took. You haven't even lost a player yet, just the manager. And does Martinez's instant success at Everton not make you wonder exactly why Moyes didn't manage the same?

none of United's stars are clamoring to leave and even if they were, the club has the financial power to get them to stay in a way that Liverpool and Arsenal couldn't. (players don't seem to care as much about winning when they're getting paid 300k a week) if players leave, it's because they're no longer good enough and the club wants them off the books. they're in a much better position to bounce back than Liverpool were.

I don't rate Moyes, not anymore, but honestly, the fact that Martinez has succeeded seems to speak volumes about Moyes ability to build a team—Martinez is succeeding with a spine of players that Moyes bought, developed, and trained. you could argue Martinez has taken that next step and I wouldn't disagree. still, his transfers, his tactics—while successful, they're also luxuries that required a solid foundation. Moyes' foundation.

let's see where Martinez and Everton are in a few years. I can very easily see it all going very bad very quickly once Martinez has to replace the current defense with one of his own. Moyes finished fifth last season, above Liverpool, and had a chance at the top 4 for much of the season. hardly a given Everton will finish higher this season.

There is a rather large likelihood that Moyes will still be there next season and they will be playing on Thursday nights on channel 5

if Moyes is still manager next season, all bets are off lol

fuck Piers. delighted his show finally got cancelled.

Sup maaaaaa biatches, im back.

ManU still failling
Moyes was a mistake
Barca still figthing the good figth
La liga competitive as fuck
gogo liverpool

Man United just held Peps little bitches to a draw, despite being terrible. Hell they even made Welbeck score which was ruled out for nothing, WELBECK.
Moyes was a mistake, but you were still wrong.
Only fight Barca are fighting is the right to child trafficking
Yeah but so is Premier League, and we don't have to look at Barca play there
Fuck liverpool

Welcome back.

G-Unit

Man United just held Peps little bitches to a draw, despite being terrible. Hell they even made Welbeck score which was ruled out for nothing, WELBECK.
Moyes was a mistake, but you were still wrong.
Only fight Barca are fighting is the right to child trafficking
Yeah but so is Premier League, and we don't have to look at Barca play there
Fuck liverpool

Welcome back.

I was right :s

Clegg

I believe G-Unit was not aware of who David Moyes was. Nothing about whether he'd be a failure or success though.

Wrong, my point always was ManU needed Pep not that unknown guy who you guys preached as the second coming. I was right all along.

OXKzujN.png

I66Yvts.png

vEyQSFk.png

v3Y360R.png

but but but i just said he wouldn't be a good fit. and lol at preached as the second coming, Arnie doesn't like Moyes you window licker. He was saying Ferguson did.

subtles

Mushishi goodness.

Yes Moyes.

What did Liverpool do to you Wooden? :(

You should be hating on the other clubs that took everything from you.

Mushishi goodness.

Yes Moyes.

What did Liverpool do to you Wooden? :(

You should be hating on the other clubs that took everything from you.

Everyone around here seems to support liverpool. Daniel Agger is a brøndby cunt of the highest order, a real gluesniffer. They sold Torres to Chelsea... and for that price too.

K1LLER7

Everyone around here seems to support liverpool. Daniel Agger is a brøndby cunt of the highest order, a real gluesniffer. They sold Torres to Chelsea... and for that price too.
Even Wilbur now supports Liverpool.

I want the Lolerpool days back. Moyes pls.

subtles

#fuckliverpool

dark theme makes my eyes hurt though

I thought the same at first when they talked it up here. After getting used to it I'm surprised I ever liked the default theme.

I honestly wonder how much hatred people would have for Liverpool if we were successful all these years.

I know you love us.

And me, specially.

I don't mind the Liverpool posters here at all (well, except Phoenix Fang and crazies like that of course). I meant here as in Denmark, all those old glory hunters who started supporting liverpool when they were actually good and now can't stop talking about how chelsea/united supporters are glory hunters, when they also really just supported one of the strongest teams when they started getting interested in football... They annoy me.

if Benfica wins tonight we only need 2 more wins to become champions.

we're in the EL semis, League Cup semi and Portuguese Cup semis. we either win everything or nothing. either way, Jesus out.

Wrong, my point always was ManU needed Pep not that unknown guy who you guys preached as the second coming. I was right all along.

OXKzujN.png

I66Yvts.png

vEyQSFk.png

v3Y360R.png

but but but i just said he wouldn't be a good fit. and lol at preached as the second coming, Arnie doesn't like Moyes you window licker. He was saying Ferguson did.

That plus a lot of us weren't even arguing with him about his prediction. We just were in disbelief that he didn't know who Moyes was.

Salazar

We should definitely be back up there if we nail most of our signings and pull off a couple of stellar deals.

I'd tentatively count Willy C as a stellar deal.

And not getting fucked by injuries (/doicare) always helps.

That one was on you guys. You pictured him as the next Fergie.

Jesus fucking christ you just don't read. Or think. Or bathe, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom