• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
bevea3su8w.gif

celeadzrs4q.gif

I think... I think I see a Torres smile there, he looks moody again quickly, but that's a smile!

TORRES IS ALIVE.

Blablurn

if we make it to the semi final, i wouldnt mind playing chelsea. imagine the stories...

robbens return to standford

the history of the last two finals in the CL and in the supercup

mou vs pep

damn

That's the thing though, it goes beyond that. Just look at the Hitch's post.

I suppose it's difficult to understand if you're in a different country and not subjected to it.
:lol, you're only subjected to what you chooseto watch, listen to, and read. If you don't want to absorb the words and actions of the good lord José then don't.

Virtually every football manager talks arse. The only reason opposition dislike José is because he's good whilst doing it.

There's not one fan here who wouldn't lap it up if he were their manager. Which pretty much goes to say that the dislike is fandom and not much else.

Linius

Plug is gunning for that perma. It's like Madrid Gaf is trying to wipe them selves out. They are just as aggressive as their players.

Nah, you'll be alright. You have a goalkeeper who can stop a football once in a blue moon

We have Andy Gray up front

He got shingles

Mansfield away next year will be ace.

Was David Wetherall a quitter? Did he give up when he thought all was lost? I can't carry your team for you, but I can carry you.

Arnie

Easy for you to say. You have competence. Girud isn't good. He's barely passable.

No, he is good, he's just been burnt out by an aged manager who's set in his ways.

For the first half of this season Giroud was a perfectly 'good' player. He's had no breaks, no rest, and had some of his most creative players behind him either injured or turn to melt before his very eyes. No wonder he looks a shadow of his former self.

My point being that it's fine for JTB to insist that Ba is a good player - because he is - but he isn't a step ahead of what Arsenal already have, so it'd make no odds if Arsenal signed him. They need a really top striker, but unfortunately of those few on the market they haven't got a fucking hope in hell.

Wilbur

Banned
Just looking at the Championship table after tonight's games... it's going to be a strong league next year :/

Whoever comes up in the playoffs leaves behind three good clubs. QPR, Wigan, derby and Reading I'm assuming. The three that don't get promoted will be a real test.

fuenf

wow, what's going here? let's hope tomorrow's games will be just as exciting... even at the risk of having the unimaginable happen.

What's the story behind it?

Keep Calm and Carry On is a poster from WW2 I think to keep spirits up as the Nazis were bombing the shit out of our industrial centres. The image had a resurgence when the post-ironic wankstain movement got their hands on it around the time of Prince William's wedding to Kate, and for some reason it hasn't died out yet

L1NETT

Was David Wetherall a quitter? Did he give up when he thought all was lost? I can't carry your team for you, but I can carry you.

I CAN'T GO BACK TO LEAGUE TWO

I just can't

Speaking of relegation

Arkon. Tough fixtures son, your forum is blowing up. Bar Yeovil, some naaaasty fixtures.

Fancy a derby next year :p

pulga

Banned
Keep Calm and Carry On is a poster from WW2 I think to keep spirits up as the Nazis were bombing the shit out of our industrial centres. The image had a resurgence when the post-ironic wankstain movement got their hands on it around the time of Prince William's wedding to Kate, and for some reason it hasn't died out yet

well im glad someone's bothered to look up the history behind that shit meme

go home and be a family man hitch

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty much. Everything he says is a mind-game, every joke he makes is hilarious, every statement he makes is measured, every twattish thing he comes out with is excused.

It's like the media expect the entire country to indulge and delight in his bellendocity because he's such a great manager

:lol only this week Ronay wrote an article criticising him for moaning about strikers

Love Jose.

god, watching the chelsea game in 7.2 surround sound was intenese ..... its almost like i was there...hhaaha

seriously though that was incredible, the fans deserve it, i wanna see the papers in france tommorow going to be hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom