• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight Moyes, do it for Tim.

Z1a4duA.jpg

Fady K

loooooooooooool

Fady is upset Liverpool and City were gifted three points.

I still think Liverpool and City would have won regardless, but those were some serious gaffes by the refs.

And to be fair to liverpool, once I saw west ham's goal again I felt liverpool were unlucky as well as it should not have counted.

Fady seems like a complete Hyde/Jekyll character when it comes to stuff like this lol

I can certainly be like that with football at times.

Mastadon

Banned
You're already ̶d̶̶e̶̶a̶̶d̶ rich.

Really? That's ridiculous. It should be flagged up and ask you to confirm like 7 times when you bet anything more than £1 on Moyes United anyway.

Can't imagine it would take longer than 2 minutes for a customer services rep to cross reference your details, confirm your identity and change the stake.

I've decided to keep the bet on. It was clearly a sign from God, and really it's a win-win situation for me. Either Utd go through and I make £826.72, or Utd lose and I get to see Moyes looking sad and confused.

PowderedToast

micah richards confirmed he's leaving city, along with lescott, sinclair and probably rodwell and barry.

that leaves two english players in their squad right?

Portugeezer

The left footed Valencia.

Shinji to get his first loss vs Bayern Munchen today.

Robben keeps defenders guessing though. Valencia is happy to go out wide and drill in a low and hard cross 99% of the time.

Now imagine if United had a good two footed player, oh yeah they do, Nani, he better fucking play tonight!

K1LLER7

Robben keeps defenders guessing though. Valencia is happy to go out wide and drill in a low and hard cross 99% of the time.

Now imagine if United had a good two footed player, oh yeah they do, Nani, he better fucking play tonight!

Show Robben out wide...
Let Rafinha run forward..
Get the ball...
Play long ball to Welbeck...
Get through on goal...
score....
Rinse and repeat.

I should be a manager :D

Cappa

Banned
Ronaldo is a choker. He disappears in important games.

these statements are absolutely idiotic, sorry for being so frank. A player of Ronado's caliber the haters only remember the bad and never the good. People forget that he's leading the champions league in goals scored... that he scored against Barcelona for I think 6 or more straight games. Or that he had the winning goal against Barca in the Copa del Rey final. Or that he had the game tying goal against Atletico de Madrid that gives Madrid a shot at the title this season, still.

LeBron James is also a choker apparently.

Unless Ronaldo scores a hattrick every game, he's considered a choker and a bad player. Funny how these things work.

Since the 2012/2013 season:

- Cristiano Ronaldo: 15 away goals in the UCL
- FC Barcelona: 13 away goals in the UCL

Yen

Cazorla open to Arsenal exit: We lack a winning mentality

Cazorla admits he has still not found what he was looking for when he swapped Malaga for north London in the summer of 2012 and, at 29, says he is prepared to move again in search of silverware.

“I want titles and that is why I came to Arsenal,” he told Sport360. “Every football player wants to win titles. We’ve gone many years without winning one.

“And if not, what I’ll look for in my next destination is to have the chance to win.”

On the subject of a winning mentality, Cazorla added: “That is what makes it different at other clubs.

“You’ve a good example in Manchester City who signed Fernandinho, [Alvaro] Negredo... or even Manchester United with [Robin] Van Persie and [Juan] Mata.

“Arsenal know what they need next season, but it’s almost impossible to win a title if we haven’t got these kind of things.”

Cazorla also refused to rule out the possibility of returning to Spain, where he had previously enjoyed the interest of Real Madrid while at Malaga and Villarreal.

“I don’t want to close doors, but nowadays I’ve a contract with Arsenal for two more seasons,” he continued.

“When I’m turning 31 I’ll evaluate myself and I’ll choose the best option. In which case, I would be delighted to come back [to Spain].”

arsen.gif

LNBL

Ah man ffs, Manchester United is already interested in our new Right back Santiago Arias. PSV should put the price on 35 million just for the hell of it and wait a season or two before selling.

L1NETT

Bye bye Santi

I don't doubt Arsenal want to win the league, but with that strikeforce and that snail paced midfield...you ain't gonna win shiiiit

His full quotes:

“I want titles and that is why I came to Arsenal. Every player wants to win titles. We’ve gone many years without winning one. And if not, what I’ll look for in my next destination is to have the chance to win.

“I don’t want to close doors but I’ve a contract with Arsenal for two more seasons. When I’m turning 31 I’ll evaluate myself and I’ll choose the best option. In which case, I would be delighted to come back [to Spain].

“We’ve been unlucky in several games. We had a lot of chances to win against Manchester United and there was Ozil’s penalty [against Bayern].

“We couldn’t recover after going out against Bayern in the Champions League. And the defeat against Stoke finished us. You can’t lose against Stoke if you aspire to be the next champion.

“We haven’t got a winning mentality and we have to believe in ourselves [more]. Sometimes you can get used to not fighting but we can’t do that. Arsenal is and will always be a historic football club, we have to look forward. Arsenal has everything to win — history, infrastructure, an incredible stadium and great players.

“But we have to improve at crucial moments and sign the best football players because if you don’t do that, you may lag behind others.

“That is what makes it different at other clubs. You’ve a good example in Manchester City, who signed Fernandinho, [Alvaro] Negredo… or even Manchester United with [Robin] Van Persie and [Juan] Mata. Arsenal know what they need next season but it’s almost impossible to win a title if we haven’t got these kind of things.”

Zabojnik

I'm not liking what I'm hearing about our lineup for tomorrow. Chiellini, Pirlo and Licht won't start, Osvaldo will. Ffs, just send him back to Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom