• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Bradford scouts are watching closely.

pahahahahhaha

Would take him in a heartbeat for our run in.

---

BkuEljOCIAA9n8M.jpg:large

Fruitful relationship right here

"You only hava sevena games Brian!"

Photoshop CS6. I actually have an Adobe Certification on Ps, but I'm too lazy and I hate pixel art.

Who would you field, Lucifer?
For the derby? This if El Shaa's back (and fit) in time:

------------------Abbiati----------------
De Sciglio--Mexes--Rami--Constant
---------Montolivo--De Jong----------
----Kakà------Taarabt----El Shaarawy
-------------Balo/Pazzini---------------

I'd like to see Ricky on the right, imho having Taarabt right behind Balo could work. Although Honda has shown something good in the past week or two, I wouldn't mind having Honda-Kakà-Taarabt as our line behind the striker if he keeps up.

Either this formation or the one we used on Monday (and I think we'll use that one, El Shaa last played in December and the derby is in four weeks, he'll probably be on the bench), minus Bonera on the right flank. Once De Sciglio gets back on his feet I don't think Seedorf will have any doubt.

The rest of the formation is pretty much already decided imho. Mexes-Rami proved to be good enough so far, Monto is a bit out of shape but he could be ready to play the derby, Constant is mediocre but at least he's better than Emanuelson.

Elchele

Unless we're "lucky" and Gündogan wants a transfer and someone is stupid enough to pay us a good sum for him, I'm afraid there simply is no money for another 10m+ striker.

In which case we're fucked for next season, unless Ducksch is starting for the first team.

Would also be a very bad sign for our top players, signing Ramos just screams we're not going to compete. And in that case, we might as well sell Hummels to Barca before they're banned from signing players.

I was talking about winter or next summer tbh. Ramos isn't that bad as you want to make him look, he's no Lewa but I think he could at least reach Barrios levels of good at Dortmund

I was talking about winter or next summer tbh. Ramos isn't that bad as you want to make him look, he's no Lewa but I think he could at least reach Barrios levels of good at Dortmund

Decent Bundesliga player, nothing more. Shite replacement for a first striker in a CL side.

Herr K

Banned
For the derby? This if El Shaa's back (and fit) in time:

------------------Abbiati----------------
De Sciglio--Mexes--Rami--Constant
---------Montolivo--De Jong----------
----Kakà------Taarabt----El Shaarawy
-------------Balo/Pazzini---------------

I'd like to see Ricky on the right, imho having Taarabt right behind Balo could work. Although Honda has shown something good in the past week or two, I wouldn't mind having Honda-Kakà-Taarabt as our line behind the striker if he keeps up.

Either this formation or the one we used on Monday (and I think we'll use that one, El Shaa last played in December and the derby is in four weeks, he'll probably be on the bench), minus Bonera on the right flank. Once De Sciglio gets back on his feet I don't think Seedorf will have any doubt.

The rest of the formation is pretty much already decided imho. Mexes-Rami proved to be good enough so far, Monto is a bit out of shape but he could be ready to play the derby, Constant is mediocre but at least he's better than Emanuelson.
It's funny, you know? That squad looks pretty decent on paper, but the whole season a similar squad has played and we've gotten nothing but shit results.

Emanuelson has been decent lately, I don't get the hate. Plus, he's also pretty fast, while Constant isn't.

When is Abate coming back?

Blablurn

Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft

Rafinha not playing for Bayern. Lahm right back. Kroos number 6 position. Mandzukic, Götze and Müller all playing...

fuenf

Jan Aage Fjortoft @JanAageFjortoft

Rafinha not playing for Bayern. Lahm right back. Kroos number 6 position. Mandzukic, Götze and Müller all playing...

BEAST MODE. FOR FOOTBALL.

FC Bayern München ‏@FCBayern 42 Sek.
Aufstellung #FCBayern:
Neuer - Dante, Ribéry, Mandzukić, Robben, Boateng, Götze, Lahm (C), Müller, Alaba, Kroos

kharma45

I hope this flight can leave early. at best I'll get to our hotel for the second half. Quite excited, feeling a bit silly thinking we can nab it but might as well have some hope.

bjaelke

No Costa for Äthlétícó Madrid

Pinto; Alves, Mascherano, Bartra, Alba; Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi; Messi, Cesc, Neymar

Courtois; Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis; Tiago, Gabi, Koke, Raul Garcia; Adrian, Villa.

Feorax

Unless we're "lucky" and Gündogan wants a transfer and someone is stupid enough to pay us a good sum for him, I'm afraid there simply is no money for another 10m+ striker.

What would you class as a "good sum?" I could imagine an oil club taking a gamble on him at £8 to £10 million.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FC Bayern lineup: (4-2-3-1)

Neuer

Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba

Müller, Kroos

Robben, Götze, Ribéry

Mandzukic

I don't even have to read your lineup Blalove, the result is known

we are winning this, and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

Back from the dead finally? Been such an unlucky season for him as far as injuries are concerned (and to a lesser extent De Sciglio).
Yeah, I mean, he sent us to the CL group stage then got injured. Made in time to play against Ajax in December and broke down again. Things could've been easier this year with him. Not Scudetto-like, but at least we wouldn't be safe from relegation in April.
It's funny, you know? That squad looks pretty decent on paper, but the whole season a similar squad has played and we've gotten nothing but shit results.

Emanuelson has been decent lately, I don't get the hate. Plus, he's also pretty fast, while Constant isn't.

When is Abate coming back?
I still think that Allegri's decision to tell the players in July that he would be gone in June was one of the most idiotic things he could do. Nobody cared about Milan except during 2-3 matches, one of them being the Barcelona game in San Siro.

I really didn't like Emanuelson's last matches, I found him to be pretty inconsistent when he had to defend and not really precise with his crosses when he had to push forward. I definitely wouldn't want to see him play an important game like the derby, maybe the Catania one could be the right one seeing how there won't be a lot of pressure on the players.

Abate should be available for the Catania match, he trained with the rest of the team both yesterday and today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom