• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun fact: Pringles actually stopped using flavouring years ago. When people think they taste of flavour they are just basing it on the colour of the packaging and their minds are tricking them.

TeddyBoy

GOT question, I'm up to S3E7:
What exactly was Ser Jorah Mormont's relationship with Varys? He was a spy right? When did he stop doing this? I think news of Dany being pregnant was the only time he passed on info, I can't think of anything else. This came to my mind after Jorah was asking Barrisatn questions about whether he was on Robert's council.

I'm pretty sure what Mr. Marston said is right, but there is another possibility:

Ser Jorah has no valuable information to give. Once they get to Carth in season 2, the amount of people Dany can be seen by increases ten fold. Similarly her sacking of the slave army city in season 3 will have a lot of witnesses. Once Dany gets the army too she won't exactly be hard to track.

Blablurn

So random. I mean he has talent but still a big question to me. This must be some kind of trolling from Dortmund... Jojic, Ramos, Ginter... who's next? Weiser and Lell?

No idea. Whey will probably end up in the mid table region next year considering Schalke and Wolfsburg are way more straight forward with their transfers.

Jack cw

No idea. Whey will probably end up in the mid table region next year considering Schalke and Wolfsburg are way more straight forward with their transfers.

If these are all back up transfers than its a step forward, but I wonder who the big guns are then.

raiot

I like the recruiting strategy of Dortmund.
You know, they are the good guys in Germany. They are sooooo poor, they are all so full of love, it's unbelievable.
Instead of paying higher wages to their players they spread their wealth to football clubs in need and pay millions for unproven talents.

But I really hope these are players specially selected to suit klopps style. We need a strong Dortmund in the Bundesliga and CL. Leverkusen and Schalke just don't cut it. Especially leverkusen is pathetic to watch.
I cheer for every german team in the CL and want them to advance, as long as they are not against Bayern! ;)
Leverkusens games are always a major PITA to watch.
It's fine unless they concede a goal against a big team, then they just stop playing.
It's like "Wow, they scored, we are doomed now, let's just pass them ball and help their striker to get a few goals..."

So random. I mean he has talent but still a big question to me. This must be some kind of trolling from Dortmund... Jojic, Ramos, Ginter... who's next? Weiser and Lell?

Are you kidding? Ginter is a huge fucking talent and one of the most wanted young players at the moment. If it's true, I'd be happy as fuck. Sure, he still has problems at Freiburg from time to time but he's only 20 and imagine him next to a player like Hummels. Also, doesn't need to be planned for CB, might as well be our Kehl successor.

Jojic also looks good, Ramos is the odd one out.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Holtby:

"There is little sense in talking about other clubs since I have a long-term contract at Tottenham,” he told Goal.

“The status quo is that I will go back to Spurs after the summer holidays. I can't tell you what is going to happen until then. My agent takes care of everything and as far as I know his mobile is always turned on.

"I loved playing for Tottenham and I would like to fulfil my contract there."

Please Levy, do not sell this guy. I remember when we lost 5-0 to Liverpool he was the only player who seemed genuinely upset, he was pounding the turf with his fists and he's the only one who went over to the fans. He's showing at Fulham that he has quality, I'm sure LVG could find a position for him in the team.

Eriksen Sandro Holtby
Lamela Adebayor Chadli

That would be a really good way for us to set up next season.

raiot

Are you kidding? Ginter is a huge fucking talent and one of the most wanted young players at the moment. If it's true, I'd be happy as fuck. Sure, he still has problems at Freiburg from time to time but he's only 20 and imagine him next to a player like Hummels. Also, doesn't need to be planned for CB, might as well be our Kehl successor.

Yeah, Ginter is talented, but 8 million?
Like I said, I really hope this pays off!

Jack cw

Is this your new high demand at BVB?
Your president cries publicly for respect but signs underwhelming transfers like Ramos or with talents that are basically a hit or miss. Whats with Dortmunds own youth and their talents? Ginter has talent, Jojic scores sometimes, but thats not how you keep Schalke and Wolfsburg behind and compete with Bayern regarding the championship. Pulling the clause with Sahin because there is no alternative, Gündogan out for good maybe, Kuba out at least 6 months until he is at 100%, a "Knipser" like Lewandowski and Mickytarian needs to learn how to score. I dont know, but Watzke/Zorc/Klopp have a lot to do and if they want to compete not only nationally they have to break their wages limit.

Jack cw

Robben: "We don't talk about titles, we rather win them."

I love how he is our engine in big games. The one who always goes forward and mostly decides the game (sometimes to the worse) but thats what legendary players are made off. He is Bayerns best transfer of all time and I can only hope he has another 2 or 3 good years like that. Players like him a so rare and I hope we find someone who could replace him. Its not only his skill but his ambition.

Salazar

Yeah, Holtby was one of the good signings.

Farid, bring warm clothes. There are no London-based football-gaffers you can trust.

Yeah, Ginter is talented, but 8 million?
Like I said, I really hope this pays off!
8m aren't exactly much for talent like Ginter. Look at how much Schieber cost, you can talk about wasted money there lol

Your president cries publicly for respect but signs underwhelming transfers like Ramos or with talents that are basically a hit or miss. Whats with Dortmunds own youth and their talents? Ginter has talent, Jojic scores sometimes, but thats not how you keep Schalke and Wolfsburg behind and compete with Bayern regarding the championship. Pulling the clause with Sahin because there is no alternative, Gündogan out for good maybe, Kuba out at least 6 months until he is at 100%, a "Knipser" like Lewandowski and Mickytarian needs to learn how to score. I dont know, but Watzke/Zorc/Klopp have a lot to do and if they want to compete not only nationally they have to break their wages limit.
I already said that I fucking hate us signing Ramos more than often.

Ginter is completely different, though. It's actually quite funny. "Dortmund needs a bigger squad". (Hopefully) signs Ginter and adds very talented player to fill CB/DM. "You're not gonna win shit with players like him".

U wot m8

Edit: and with Sahin, it was clear that we would keep him the second Zorc said we have the option to do so.

Jack cw

I already said that I fucking hate us signing Ramos more than often.

Ginter is completely different, though. It's actually quite funny. "Dortmund needs a bigger squad". (Hopefully) signs Ginter and adds very talented player to fill CB/DM. "You're not gonna win shit with players like him".

U wot m8

Milch pls. I just wrote 5 posts above your last that its good if these are all transfers for the bench. Still, you need two, actually 3 top players for certain positions.

Blablurn

I love how he is our engine in big games. The one who always goes forward and mostly decides the game (sometimes to the worse) but thats what legendary players are made off. He is Bayerns best transfer of all time and I can only hope he has another 2 or 3 good years like that. Players like him a so rare and I hope we find someone who could replace him. Its not only his skill but his ambition.

Well spoken. It's true. He just keeps on fighting and fighting. The defender might stop him for 80 minutes but at one point Robben always finds a solution.

Blablurn

You are welcome to join North Italy. I like the nightlife in Clogne better though.

I loved it too in the first semester. Once you get to know it more u realize how boring it is. But I can see that people love it when they come to Cologne to attend events like gamescom.

Blablurn

Xherdan Shaqiri is one of the 4 most desired people in New York:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799996

ibftVBDM2VKMhz.gif

spidye

watzke is a media whore

why do you take him seriously? zorc and klopp are the people who actually get the job done.

Jack cw

watzke is a media whore

why do you take him seriously? zorc and klopp are the people who actually get the job done.

Because he constantly tries to provoke us with half truths and obvious lies like the story with the intrest rate on the debt Dortmund had with Bayern. What is the point of all this? He wants respect for Dortmunds achievements? Stay classy and you get it. Or make it like Robben, dont talk about things you like, get them instead.

raiot

I suspect he only did this to have a little tension and hate between FCB and BVB before the match on saturday. Or he just wants an excuse for not attending the formal dinner before the match ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom