• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

I suspect he only did this to have a little tension and hate between FCB and BVB before the match on saturday. Or he just wants an excuse for not attending the formal dinner before the match ;)

Haha, you might be right though. But he still misses the point. Bayern are going to start with a line up full of youth players against Dortmund. Thats how Bayern shows Dortmund respect.

Blablurn

Heynckes just now: "I talked to Kroos and if he takes my words seriously he will stay in Munich. A team like Munich you only find once in your life. He knows Bayern is a good place and I hope his manager knows it too."

Jack cw

Heynckes just now: "I talked to Kroos and if he takes my words seriously he will stay in Munich. A team like Munich you only find once in your life. He knows Bayern is a good place and I hope his manager knows it too."

Welcome to Manchester, Toni Kroos!
But seriously, this is only about the money. He plays the most matches out of all players in Munich and gets only half of what Lahm is earining. Bayern will accept his 10 million demand and extend his contract until 2018.

Blablurn

Welcome to Manchester, Toni Kroos!
But seriously, this is only about the money. He plays the most matches out of all players in Munich and gets only half of what Lahm is earining. Bayern will accept his 10 million demand and extend his contract until 2018.

Yep. Even Jupp said: "He will get his 3 meals a day in Munich as well." lol

Salazar

David Moyes must spend up to £200million this summer if he is to keep his promise of getting Manchester United back into the Champions League after one season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nited-minds-200m-summer-3398054#ixzz2yZAJBXk2
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

200, horse

lYFqBkD.jpg

Ah, good old Vincent Tan. He´s accusing us, Crystal Palace, for spying on them before the game against Cardiff. He says Ian Moody got their starting eleven from an insider. The wrong one though, and yet we beat them 3-0.

He continues to be entertaining.

bjaelke

Premier League @premierleague
It's a clean sweep for @LFC in the Barclays Player and Manager of the Month awards for March... #BPL

U80BlKH.jpg

Salazar

I knew Freddy Adu had fallen far - shit, he even played for Benfica

But wow

Blackpool
In February 2014, Adu began training with Blackpool, however at the end of February they decided against offering Adu a contract, though they give permission for him to continue training with club to aid his fitness.

200, horse

lYFqBkD.jpg

Beauty.

Ok United bros, Daily Mail has some uplifting rumours for you:

'It now seems certain that left-back Patrice Evra will join Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs and Anderson on the way out, while question marks remain over the likes of Alex Buttner, Nani, Ashley Young, Shinji Kagawa and Tom Cleverley.'

Pretty much all of those but Shinji (and possibly Nani) can fucking do one.

Salazar

Keep Denny Büttner - he's done nothing wrong.

New Dutch manager at Spurs might want a taste of Alex, though. 4 million quid with some bonuses (lol) attached ?

Assholes every day trying to reset my twitter password. Fuck off

LTWheels

I expected Gerrard to be the player of the month, didn't expect it to be shared with Susrez those. I actually think Duarez has been a bit off form this month, at least compared to Gerrard.

bud23

erim ahmet

....... cannot wait for us to get our confidence back, and I hope David Moyes does turn things around, he seems to be a good man manager, the players seem to like him 

Of course I gave him a thumbs up, dude clearly knows what he's talking about.

Marca.com survey; Madrid fans want to face Chelsea in the semi final; Chelsea (60%), Bayern (21,3 %) , Atlético (18,85%)

I say fuck'em, give me Bayern, please.

erim ahmet

Of course I gave him a thumbs up, dude clearly knows what he's talking about.

Marca.com survey; Madrid fans want to face Chelsea in the semi final; Chelsea (60%), Bayern (21,3 %) , Atlético (18,85%)

I say fuck'em, give me Bayern, please.

Nah, Bayern in the finals.

Way more chances to win on a single match.

(also we won't have CR on the first match... ohgodsavesus )

bjaelke

UEFA statement on Courtois' loan deal
In response to media reports referring to the situation of Club Atlético de Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, UEFA would like to reiterate its position.

The integrity of sporting competition is a fundamental principle for UEFA.

Both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations contain clear provisions which strictly forbid any club to exert, or attempt to exert, any influence whatsoever over the players that another club may (or may not) field in a match.

It follows that any provision in a private contract between clubs which might function in such a way as to influence who a club fields in a match is null, void and unenforceable so far as UEFA is concerned.

Furthermore, any attempt to enforce such a provision would be a clear violation of both the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations and would therefore be sanctioned accordingly.

So this means that Atleti can play Courtois, no?

Chelsea would be running a major risk by trying to fight UEFA on this. The sort of legal discussion this entails goes to the core of EU labour laws and would take a lot of time and money to resolve at court. I'd be surprised if Chelsea are willing to do that.

I'm more surprised that the English and other European FA's don't take a stance like this re: the usual can't play against own teams clauses in loan deals.

GorillaJu

Chelsea would be running a major risk by trying to fight UEFA on this. The sort of legal discussion this entails goes to the core of EU labour laws and would take a lot of time and money to resolve at court. I'd be surprised if Chelsea are willing to do that.

I'm more surprised that the English and other European FA's don't take a stance like this re: the usual can't play against own teams clauses in loan deals.

I suspect that clubs just want to stay out of each others' way when it comes to that. Usually the loaning club gets the better end of the deal in these arrangements.

However, you have to wonder, if Everton are on the penultimate game of the season and the result of the game is do or die for CL qualification, they might be buoyed by this statement to push for Barry's inclusion.

GorillaJu

"Every club I've been at I've always worked with a neurologist or sports psychologist. Coming to Liverpool it was important we got in the best. When I first met Steve he was not sure about football because he'd always been kept at arm's length and the experiences he'd had in football very briefly were not very good. We asked him to come and it's worked extremely well. He and I have a very close relationship in terms of the importance of the role."

Having secured permission from Rodgers, Peters is also helping Roy Hodgson and will be working with England at the World Cup in Brazil. He is very much in the limelight but Liverpool are not worried about their psychiatrist possibly defecting, let alone taking advice from snooker's Ronnie O'Sullivan and decamping to Manchester United.

"Steve's had chances to go to other clubs but he's very happy here," Rodgers said. "Often in football mental skills get forgotten about but, for me, they are the key to winning. Steve's a genius in that field and such an understanding guy. He's also great for m to bounce ideas off because command can be lonely."

Interesting - I always thought that we were contracting sessions with Peters on a weekly basis, not that he was actually under contract with the club. He's a pretty important asset. I wonder how long he'll be around with us.

Why are there so many bad name changes here since yesterday, did people lose bets?

Here's another question: why are you photoshopping peoples' faces onto themselves?

LTWheels

I think the better question is why Chelsea's not already getting punished for a clearly illegal clause, or any team that employs such clauses actually.

They need to attempt to enforce it first. Having the clause on its ow doesn't matter.

@BroadcastMoose: Chelsea fans are planning a collection to pay an £8,000 fine imposed on Jose Mourinho by the FA

Lololol

Walshy

Interesting - I always thought that we were contracting sessions with Peters on a weekly basis, not that he was actually under contract with the club. He's a pretty important asset. I wonder how long he'll be around with us.
Well he just left his position with the British Cyclist team, presumingly to focus more on his work with us and now England.

Hixx

I just saw that story about scientists growing vaginas in labs and I thought "fleshlight aficionados are about to hit next gen".

I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM

I suspect that clubs just want to stay out of each others' way when it comes to that. Usually the loaning club gets the better end of the deal in these arrangements.

However, you have to wonder, if Everton are on the penultimate game of the season and the result of the game is do or die for CL qualification, they might be buoyed by this statement to push for Barry's inclusion.

Well this only a contravention of UEFA rules, strictly speaking. The English FA may have no such rules regarding this and therefore Everton have no leg to stand on.

I think the better question is why Chelsea's not already getting punished for a clearly illegal clause, or any team that employs such clauses actually.

Because a clause in a contract is never punished any where in any legal jurisdiction I can think of, it's just regarded as unenforceable and is either cut out of the contract or the entire contract becomes void in the most extreme cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom