• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

I'm pretty sure we wont have a problem of underestiating Real and I guess 3 key players of Real have already 2 yellow cards as well. If CR7 becomes 100% fit is questionable, so the odds are not that bad actually. And Real wont just park the bus, so this mmight help us as well. Was my favourite oppononet tbh.
Madrid will sit back and counter. Just as they did against Pep's Barca. They have the perfect team for it.

FootballFan

I hope Bayern trashes Real and Atletico beats Chelsea. A Bayern - Ateltico finale would be pretty interesting, with Atletico winning.

I like the way you think.

Though I would like Bayern to win the CL.

They need to bring back van Bommel

1G57HBK.gif

Blablurn

While Madrid has to compete in La Liga we can rest our players during the weekends. This will be huge. Especially after such a long season.

fuenf

Madrid will sit back and counter. Just as they did against Pep's Barca. They have the perfect team for it.

yeah they played it perfectly against Dortmund... lol. Madrid's defense isnt good enough to park the bus like English teams. Playing Ronaldo / Benzema / Bale will actually work against them, because their natural attacking tendencies will open up acres of space for Ribery / Robben / Alaba / Lahm.

Wes

venison crêpe
Chelsea v Real Madrid final in Lisbon?

Jose would run down the touchline, out the stadium, to the Algarve, and back again in utter glee if that was to happen.

pulga

Banned
Chelsea v Real Madrid final in Lisbon?

Jose would run down the touchline, out the stadium, to the Algarve, and back again in utter glee if that was to happen.

we need mou to make it for the juicy storylines to come through innit

Pachimari

While Madrid has to compete in La Liga we can rest our players during the weekends. This will be huge. Especially after such a long season.

It's the worst case scenario for us. Up against Bayern, first leg at home, and without an injured Cristiano. While you get to rest all of your players.

Yet I still believe we'll win the Champions League this year.

yep I agree Pep vs Mou should bring some really interesting storylines with it.

They already got their headlines when they met early this season. But I would love to beat any of Atletico and Mou in the final.

Blablurn

It's the worst case scenario for us. Up against Bayern, first leg at home, and without an injured Cristiano. While you get to rest all of your players.

Anything can happen :) And I'm glad to see a reasonable Madrid fan for once. Many others here are just very annoying.

pulga

Banned

you should post more often, your faith is badly needed <3

K1LLER7

yeah they played it perfectly against Dortmund... lol. Madrid's defense isnt good enough to park the bus like English teams. Playing Ronaldo / Benzema / Bale will actually work against them, because their natural attacking tendencies will open up acres of space for Ribery / Robben / Alaba / Lahm.
Varane is the answer to their defensive issue.

Celloti pls.

Pulga, we will loan you Buttner for the 2 legs, but you must sell us Bale in the summer and take both Young and Cleverley.

Pachimari

Anything can happen :) And I'm glad to see a reasonable Madrid fan for once. Many others here are just very annoying.

Anything can happen and that's the beauty of this tournament.

I'm just excited that's all. :)

And no more changing the formation. It's crazy to leave out Modric who have been a star all season. Isco have problems holding on to the ball too much. We should line up this way:

Casillas
Carvajal - Pepe - Varane - Arbeloa
Modric - Xabi - Di Maria
BBC

Or something along those lines. Marcelo might be preferred but we shouldn't have two attacking backs on the field, and Carvajal got Bundesliga experience. Varane will bring calm, but I'm 99% sure Sergio Ramos will play instead of him. Cristiano will be out and Isco will probably take the midfield spot with Di Maria going to the left.

FootballFan

This Madrid definitely can't defend as well as the Mou Madrid.

They likely will suck if they play open football.

They will almost certainly suck if they try to defend with 9-10 players.

Clegg

United have admitted that its unlikely we'll get Kroos this summer.

A nice change from chasing a target all summer and only realising it's a lost clause one week before the deadline.

FootballFan

i really cant see us going through without Ronnie :(

and chelsea has no chance against atleti

..Chelsea does have a chance against Atletico.

I think both semis will be tough and close.

I expect Bayern to go through. I'd say 61% chance of advancing to the final.

If Chelsea had a decent striker(Eto'o!), then I'd say 50/50, but since they don't, Atletico are slight favourites. Around a 54% chance of going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom