• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikarian

My dad used to do it, so I just copied over his saves.
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png
My brother did mine.

GQman2121

Banned
liverpool doesn't have 'red' in the title, m8

Here in America all clubs have to be known by their nicknames or no one knows what you're talking about. Therefore, you're a Red. :p

When the Red Sox and all their trailer trash fans come down to Baltimore for Orioles games (like they did ten days ago) because they can't get tickets in their own damn city - we say "the Red Sox are in town" and we all put double club locks on our cars.

Eesh now I wanna play some Master League

Anyone seen Barota or Ximelez?

Dodo (good and young)
Castolo (only one with 80+ pace, weak as shit though)
Ordaz (my main main)
Miranda (only decent passer in midfield, slow as fuck, old)
Ximilez (good acceleration, dreadful shooting, abysmal fitness, needs to be subbed every game)
Espimas (boss)
Ruskin (great young leftback, get him in straight away)

I didn't like selling them :(

Dodo (good and young)
Castolo (only one with 80+ pace, weak as shit though)
Ordaz (my main main)
Miranda (only decent passer in midfield, slow as fuck, old)
Ximilez (good acceleration, dreadful shooting, abysmal fitness, needs to be subbed every game)
Espimas (boss)
Ruskin (great young leftback, get him in straight away)

I didn't like selling them :(

Mr Cola claimed that Castolo wasn't that good in the fifa mumble the other day. What a fool, Castolo was the GOAT.

Man I miss when PES wasn't shit.

doicare

We don't need world class in those positions at all (yet)

We need reinforcements in a fair few positions, and first team upgrades elsewhere if possible. That's the priority, we can't become Real Madrid in one transfer window.

And a second choice keeper should be pretty easy to find if we decide Jones isn't good enough.
Nobody said Liverpool need to become Real Madrid but if you think only a few squad players need to be added to Liverpool's team and they'll be able to challenge for both the Champions League and the Premier League at the same time then you're in for a rude awakening next season.

To your first point I believe you are being ignorant. Liverpool are top of the league in a season that's seen them be without Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge and Gerrard for months at a time. Yet still the system worked, players came in to supplement, and because of Rodgers coaching and the mentality of the club we continued to win.
Liverpool haven't had bad injuries to key players this season, and even counting Suarez's biting suspension, of the players you've mentioned Suarez and Coutinho have only missed 5 games each, Gerrard 4 and Sturridge 7, that's barely anything. Liverpool have been lucky with injuries compared to most other top teams, only Chelsea have had it better.

To your second point I believe you're correct. Gerrard can't play two games a week, and he won't. He doesn't score goals from open play anymore so we don't need a replacement who does that. We've already got a deep lying replacement in Lucas to rotate with him and we'll without a doubt by a central midfielder in the summer. Lastly on this - before you say 'you won't win without Gerrard' - some of our best performances from a midfield perspective came when we had a midfield trio of Lucas, Allen and Henderson. The first two of them are now players that support our squad.
If you think Lucas can come in for Gerrard and it will basically be the same then i look forward to watching your reactions to next seasons results :). Steven Gerrard is Liverpool's second most creative player with 2 key passes per game and has the second highest amount of assists with 9. Lucas on the other hand has 0.5 key passes per game and 0 assists, good luck with that next year.

To your final point we'll buy three or four top class players this summer so it really isn't a problem. And we'll have Suso and Enrique returning.
Well that's the problem players like Enrique, Suso, Kolo, Allen, Alberto and Aspas aren't good enough and then you've got Agger and Johnson who are injury prone. 3/4 players minimum need to be brought in to replace the players who aren't good enough/who can't play every week but that would only stabilize Liverpool as a top 4 side, they'd need more to effectively compete in the Champions League at the same time.

Looks like PES 6. Played hundreds if not thousands of hours of it, Master League only. Having World Class players reincarnate after they retire was so good, FIFA should do that.

L1NETT

Castolo was raaaaapid. Preferred Barota myself.

Espimas aye he was solid.

Another one beginning with V I can't remember. Think he was a cb...

LOL

Ah yes.

Why did PES have to die?

Because they were looking for realism when that was never what was fun about it, and they didn;t have the sense to take a year out and make a proper good one when it became clear that they couldn't handle the 360/PS3 gen.

PES6 with updated teams and a proper online mode. I could honestly live with those graphics still, and I'd buy it for £60

As I would a TS2 remake.

Mr Cola claimed that Castolo wasn't that good in the fifa mumble the other day. What a fool, Castolo was the GOAT.

Man I miss when PES wasn't shit.

castolo was fucking awful in PES6. He was shite at finding space in the box, shite at exploiting his pace as he just refused to stand on the shoulder, and would fall over every time he touched another player. I really struggled just to get him oppurtunities to score.

@L1NETT, Virgo? Think he was a cheap young centreback who you bought straight away if possible, as he started off great and developed into a beast.

PES6 with updated teams and a proper online mode. I could honestly live with those graphics still, and I'd buy it for £60

As I would a TS2 remake.
Did you play it after playing FIFA 11/12? I did, it did not feel right anymore. 8 way dribbling is archaic as fuck and the shooting in FIFA is better. Some slight tweaks to modernize it and I'm in though.

Arnie

Feel free to try and prove me wrong.

Your argument is based around hypothetical season ending injuries.

Your very chassis of 'good luck winning without Gerrard' is enough to deter me from engaging further. We've done it many times this season to the point where fans have had heated discussions around whether we should be playing Gerrard at all.

And you're sustaining your argument with the fact that Lucas doesn't play as many key passes as Gerrard. No, he doesn't, but the system shifts slightly and we keep on winning. Other players make those key passes.

Basically you don't really understand football, which is fine, but it's very difficult to engage with on a forum.

Very good first half for us. Especially considering the personnel.
Managers of the remaining CL sides should take notes.
Mikhi on the wing (nominally at least) definitely payed off. Durm is awesome too.

Did you play it after playing FIFA 11/12? I did, it did not feel right anymore. 8 way dribbling is archaic as fuck and the shooting in FIFA is better. Some slight tweaks to modernize it and I'm in though.

Me and my brother still play it once or twice a week, 30 minute one-on-one, Liverpool vs Arsenal, tweaked teams and stats, Memorial Match, random player conditions

It's still brilliant and more enjoyable than any football game since imo.

castolo was fucking awful in PES6. He was shite at finding space in the box, shite at exploiting his pace as he just refused to stand on the shoulder, and would fall over every time he touched another player. I really struggled just to get him oppurtunities to score.

Well tbh I didn't play that much PES6 master league, mostly just friendlies against friends. The downturn of PES had already started there, a real step back from PES5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom