• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wigan hype train has been cancelled, all footy gaf members are advised to the take the Sheffield United Nigel Clough replacement service

Thank you

Fuck that, Hull are more likely to win the final. And Sheffield United still have the lingering stench of Warnock and Morgan.

phaze

That was hilarious.

f963ab8e74de8b5a3a2699ukp9.gif

3Sixty

Lol you guys getting so salty over Flappihandski being a yard of his line. Like 90% of keepers ever.

Also lol everyone blaming Wenger for his team of full internationals struggling against a bunch of Championship footballers.

wedward

Lol you guys getting so salty over Flappihandski being a yard of his line. Like 90% of keepers ever.

Also lol everyone blaming Wenger for his team of full internationals struggling against a bunch of Championship footballers.

You are a hero 3Sixty.

pulga

Banned
Guys weve won silverware the last couple of years

How you doin with that gooners and scousers? Might get a whiff of it soon!

Carbonox

Have to say they went a little overboard, but it was still good. I'll forgive them.

It's so ludicrous how everything happened but it's all done in such a way you just don't care and marvel the spectacle of it all.

Although Brian Fuller's interview on the episode actually makes sense of how certain things played out.

Regardless, just mesmerising shit.

Wilbur

Banned

Team that he put together baby

I know you lost today but your allegiances are shifting quickly

pulga

Banned
Our bench tonight

“@SocialRMadrid: RM bench

1 Casillas;
16 Casemiro;
21 Morata;
27 Lucas V.;
28 Mascarell;
38 Llorente;
39 Willian José.”

Lolwut

Pennywise

Yeah, we need an agile, technically apt CAM like him. Though I think Kagawa is more realistic, dunno.

Poor Wigan :|
Grats Arsenal, don't mess it up now.
/lol, Mertesacker's giving an interview. Not too bad.

//"Poor Wigan :|" <- is what I wrote when I saw that kid ^ :|

According to Thomas Hennecke from Kicker, we're trying to get Kagawa.

Salvadora

It's so ludicrous how everything happened but it's all done in such a way you just don't care and marvel the spectacle of it all.

Although Brian Fuller's interview on the episode actually makes sense of how certain things played out.

Regardless, just mesmerising shit.
It was the semi-repetitiveness that irked me somewhat.

We've already seen the same thing (to a lesser degree) play out recently.

danwarb

We've done it many times this season to the point where fans have had heated discussions around whether we should be playing Gerrard at all.

Remains to be seen. We haven't had this kind of run without Gerrard in the side yet, because he's only missed 4 league games. 2 won 2 lost. The 2 losses were City and Chelsea away and we played really well against lolspurs.

Like if you try to get a pen or get someone sent off you get sent off instead? I could get into that. I'm afraid at least one ref goes overboard and sends off a player accidentally tripping over his own legs in the box.

Not that harsh (in case the ref makes an error in the initial decision), but just booking players for any gamesmanship like that. None of this 'oh, he might just be maing the most of it, I won't give a penalty but I won't book him either' shite.

subtles

The funny thing about it all is that Gerrard still leaves a lot to be desired re; positional cover and zonal defending. His other qualities after finding his feet elevated the team to another level. If Rodgers keeps working with him on his weaknesses the midfield will continue to improve. A solid player in the position to play when he doesn't, whether it be Lucas or another transfer, would provide solidity for the team to work off.

Not that harsh (in case the ref makes an error in the initial decision), but just booking players for any gamesmanship like that. None of this 'oh, he might just be maing the most of it, I won't give a penalty but I won't book him either' shite.

Sure, sadly refs are too scared to book big players or teams. I'd be okay with sending off players trying to bait a red card, but only after a video ref. Maybe that'll happen in the next decade or century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom