• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

:loool

Marcelo doesn't come even close to Cuntrao when it comes to defending.
Disagree, we've always been more vulnerable with Coentrao in left and from my observation teams are more likely to push from the left when we play Coentrao. Marcelo from two seasons ago was GOAT. He's been ok this season, expected more.

Marc

Fuck off m8, he's not even a goalkeeper

Haha, whoops, missed the R matey.

coutinho-439088.jpg

What did we learn today?

- Mikhi is not ready to be our 10er, not by a long shot, not without a capable 8er.
- Currently we cannot play without a holding CF, not without a capable 8er.
- Sahin is not the aforementioned capable 8er, completely devolved at Madrid, Liverpool...wtf. Discounting Gündocunt I hope Jojic can become that.
- We need more depth in the squad to really compete in CL. We needed it forever, but now, with all the injurais it became glaringly obvious.
- Hummels is still good, even coming from a long injury. Piszcu not though :(
- Weide is awesome, when it counts.
- We beat them 4-1, we can beat them 4-0. La decimation is still on!

Chelsea had more than enough of the ball on the edge of the box to create something.
Hazard was good in flashes, poor attacking performance overall

Marc

Gary Cahill - "Tough place to come. Tough place to come. Keep repeating myself. It will be tough. It will be tough."

Was he shell-shocked? Was like he kept getting stuck on a loop.

FootballFan

Did you like Willian?

:lol

Willian, what a legend.

I should refrain from saying this tbh with the match between us coming up, as it could bite me in the arse but......

I don't rate Willian at all. Keeps the ball moving, and works hards tracking back, but that is nowhere near enough for anyone playing at this level, let alone one who cost so much. His actual productivity is shocking as far as I can tell, doesn't create anything, doesn't score, doesn't carry the ball, just doesn't cause problems to the other team.

Kuyt got a lot of shit thrown his way at Liverpool, and he did a far better job of that role than Willian's done so far at Chelsea.

Koko

Banned
Disagree, we've always been more vulnerable with Coentrao in left and from my observation teams are more likely to push from the left when we play Coentrao. Marcelo from two seasons ago was GOAT. He's been ok this season, expected more.

Not really.

If we are more vulnerable from the left is because of Ramos being Ramos. Yes we are better with Marcelo, but it's only because what he is capable of do offensively.

Rami should have been sent off - hes a dickhead.

Torres for Schurrle was the wrong decision, should have taken Ramires off and put Schurrle on the left.

Luiz 100% off in the summer... no doubt about it.

Turok_TTZ

Everyone but Ramos and Alonso did better than expected. even Isco did better (though his cm duties were disappointing yet again).

Coentrao and Carvajal do me proud today.

Did you like Willian?

Willian, what a legend.

Willian was alright, worked hard and also him with a brilliant pass to Hazard. Oscar was easily the worst of the 3, often not making runs or anything.

Shameful. This is not a Mourinho team.

Well you're right, it isn't quite yet. He said it himself the other day too, the team lacks balls and there's too many that doesn't have the attitude he requires. Luiz, Torres and so on are certainly out.

rvy

Banned
I should refrain from saying this tbh with the match between us coming up, as it could bite me in the arse but......

I don't rate Willian at all. Keeps the ball moving, and works hards tracking back, but that is nowhere near enough for anyone playing at this level, let alone one who cost so much. His actual productivity is shocking as far as I can tell, doesn't create anything, doesn't score, doesn't carry the ball, just doesn't cause problems to the other team.

Kuyt got a lot of shit thrown his way at Liverpool, and he did a far better job of that role than Willian's done so far at Chelsea.

SHOTS FIRED

They'll raid Benfica as always. They love you lot.

More?

Fucking what.

Is Matic not enough? It's not our fault he's cup tied.

Willian was alright, worked hard and also him with a brilliant pass to Hazard. Oscar was easily the worst of the 3, often not making runs or anything.

He's mediocre. He plays like a snail with speed bursts. Out of 90 minutes you remember a pass, come on. This isn't Russia, he needs to wake up.

subtles

What did we learn today?

- Sahin is not the aforementioned capable 8er, completely devolved at Madrid, Liverpool...wtf. Discounting Gündocunt I hope Jojic can become that.
Brendan tried to teach when he saw which areas needed work ala The Coup but he refused. Please don't blame Liverpool.

Thought Matuidi and Verratti were both really fucking good.
Matuidi was okay. Verratti aside from losing the ball almost every time was bad. If he's the player all the Juve drones drool over, that is sad.
Yes, fuck Willian. He is basically a smaller version of Ramires as far as I'm concerned. Ship him out of London.

dc89

Funnily enough also the attitude half the PSG supporters and some clueless Serie A fools got. He's class, a world star player and he should get out of PSG as soon as possible.

I've seen him a few times where he just couldn't do anything right. But then again everyone has bad days.

---

Nightmare fuel for Fady.

BkPqTKhCQAAXqh0.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom