• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Think I'm ok now. Last night I put the oven on (chips m8, chips) and then spontaneously fell asleep. Danger.

Next week gonna be mad with marking plus CL. Hype.
Which one is first? :lol Moyes' boys better deliver then!

Pastore at Palermo was wonderful. I don't know what happened to him at PSG. Great Goal.

pastoer22kxspo.gif

pastroeweuus5e.gif

Those backheels... Come back... Some day, javier pls.

Walshy

Torres I think you're done mate.
He has been done since the end of the the 2009-10 season.

Injuries ruined him. He lacked that burst of pace at first but now he seems to have nothing going for him.

Will either go back to Aletico or Russia is my guess.

Slizz

He has been done since the end of the the 2009-10 season.

Injuries ruined him. He lacked that burst of pace at first but now he seems to have nothing going for him.

Will either go back to Aletico or Russia is my guess.

"Torres, first major signing for Beckhams new MLS club"

Jose says the team had everything under control with Schurrle on the pitch. "I thought Fernando could give us something different ... yeah."

Fucking hell, 3-1? Wrap it up, we win NOTHING this year.

Remember Napoli? Just bring back RDM as a talisman for the bench.

Walshy

"Torres, first major signing for Beckhams new MLS club"
I can actually see that, but not this summer. How old is he now?

Jose says the team had everything under control with Schurrle on the pitch. "I thought Fernando could give us something different ... yeah."
He's right. Torres hardly tracked back when he came on. At least Schurrle did his job - sure a striker isn't his natural position but I thought he worked quite hard for the team. Torres looked like he couldn't be bothered when he came on.

Mou also looks like he's aged alot. I guess that's what managing Real Madrid does to you.

Marc

Can anyone seriously see a team buying Torres this summer?

I can't think of one, even shitty ones, why would you? He looks completely uninterested in football no matter the manager, the system, the players around him... just not bothered. For the wages he would want and the level of team he would want I dunno who there is.

There are probably hundreds of strikers who would offer more at the moment.

rvy

Banned

I can't think of one, even shitty ones, why would you? He looks completely uninterested in football no matter the manager, the system, the players around him... just not bothered. For the wages he would want and the level of team he would want I dunno who there is.

Those UAE teams.

Randdalf

Could do a job at QPR.

Inter are said to be interested and they are not denying it either. They signed Vidic, a fucking corpse. So why not? The problem would be if Torres would go there.

Milch, Dortmund are eliminated. Give me my freedom!

No!

Disappointing match, Aubameyang is kinda shite, Micky still has too many "off"-games, Durm obviously lacks experience, Piszczek (hopefully) needs a bit more time to get back and Sahin/Kehl is just one hell of a lot worse than Gündogan/Bender. All in all just not good enough for a team like Madrid.

You underestimate the stupidity of football teams. :p

subtles

A team that wants a big name in Football will probably gamble on him if he won't cost them too much.

No better way to excite fans than by declaring the transfer of World Cup winner and two time European Champion Fernando Torres as your summer signing.

Blablurn

No!

Disappointing match, Aubameyang is kinda shite, Micky still has too many "off"-games, Durm obviously lacks experience, Piszczek (hopefully) needs a bit more time to get back and Sahin/Kehl is just one hell of a lot worse than Gündogan/Bender. All in all just not good enough for a team like Madrid.

kloppg4uko.png

Marc

Those UAE teams.

He wouldn't go there, no way. And his draw as a name is surely worthless at this point.

Could do a job at QPR.

Don't think they can pay those insane wages any more, can't see them getting promoted personally.

Plus as with UAE, I think he believes he is too good for these teams... which is really sad when you think about it.

Slizz

He wouldn't go there, no way. And his draw as a name is surely worthless at this point.

Don't think they can pay those insane wages any more, can't see them getting promoted personally.

Plus as with UAE, I think he believes he is too good for these teams... which is really sad when you think about it.

BECKHAM MLS! BECKHAM MLS!

TrueBlue

You underestimate the stupidity of football teams. :p

Especially our own :lol

Anyway, that last minute goal was absolutely gutting. If we had kept it at 2-1, I'd say thing would have been evenly poised. Of course, a 2-0 win at the Bridge is doable, but looking at our current form (lost 3 out of the last 4), it's hard to see us pulling it out.

I suppose a pro to going out at this stage would be that we wouldn't have CL games either side of Anfield, not that I think it'll make much of a difference. Plus, that's not a good mentality to have.

Ah well, just gotta make sure we beat Stoke this weekend and get some measure of confidence going into the second leg.

Congrats Timurid and PSG-GAF.

Marc

Inter are said to be interested and they are not denying it either. They signed Vidic, a fucking corpse. So why not? The problem would be if Torres would go there.

Vidic still puts in the odd Bayern performance and his performances are obviously in part down to not having any faith in Moyes.

They want Torres? Who is running that club!

That is by far the best offer he would get surely, I would be shocked if that is true though. Can't be.

Maybe I am underestimating club stupidity.

subtles

Does anybody have the deer in headlights moment Klopp had during the game? He looked dazed for a moment before looking left and right in shock.

Vidic still puts in the odd Bayern performance and his performances are obviously in part down to not having any faith in Moyes.

They want Torres? Who is running that club!

That is by far the best offer he would get surely, I would be shocked if that is true though. Can't be.

Maybe I am underestimating club stupidity.

Vidic has been terrible all season, one good game won't make up for that. Torres had a few good games here and there too, hell before the match today he had one goal each 75 min in CL too. Also Serie A sucks, I actually think he will be good for Inter.

Also yes, don't underestimate Inters stupidity.

Manzepi

Neo Member
Really a great match and of course a special atmosphere here in Paris for the return of the real deal !

Cavani missed too much, I hope he'll not regret that in the return match.. Ibra pretty much the ghost he has always been during grand confrontations..

Big big matchs of Verra and Pocho, Jallet was rock solid (unbelievable !), TS and Alex solid too.. The Octopus Matuidi has been, as always, phenomenal, him and TMotta are the guardians of our midfield in any circumstances..

Good coaching from Lolo White, bringing on Moura and Pastore, much more effective !

Proud of my team, really a lot of spirit and envy. We could have been destroyed in the 1st half, we were terrible after the TS pelanty but the break bring more confidence.

Chelsea were solid too, but way too agressive and stupid (like Luiz) and no particulary dangerous with theirs "strikers"

Exciting second act anyway..

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter's possible targets next season:
Vidic (done)
Evra
Kagawa
Chicharito
Nani
Torres
Alex

I don't know how I feel about this.

Really a great match and of course a special atmosphere here in Paris for the return of the real deal !

Cavani missed too much, I hope he'll not regret that in the return match.. Ibra pretty much the ghost he has always been during grand confrontations..

Big big matchs of Verra and Pocho, Jallet was rock solid (unbelievable !), TS and Alex solid too.. The Octopus Matuidi has been, as always, phenomenal, him and TMotta are the guardians of our midfield in any circumstances..

Good coaching from Lolo White, bringing on Moura and Pastore, much more effective !

Proud of my team, really a lot of spirit and envy. We could have been destroyed in the 1st half, we were terrible after the TS pelanty but the break bring more confidence.

Chelsea were solid too, but way too agressive and stupid (like Luiz) and no particulary dangerous with theirs "strikers"

Yeah well done man and congratulations, you seem like an actual supporter unlike Timerda. You deserved the victory. I'm bitter the way some of Chelseas players played though...

Inter's possible targets next season:
Vidic (done)
Evra
Kagawa
Chicharito
Nani
Torres

I don't know how I feel about this.

It's like they have looked at a shortlist of the deadest players and then decided to go for them all.

TrueBlue

Congrats man, looking forward to Tuesday already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom