• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously don't understand why Mou wants to sell him. He's a great striker with a lot of potential.

He is and I would be sad to see him go. But Mourinho knows what he wants from players and if they don't have the mentality he requires, they go out. He wants and need players that will follow him blindly to their death.

He is and I would be sad to see him go. But Mourinho knows what he wants from players and if they don't have the mentality he requires, they go out. He wants and need players that will follow him blindly to their death.
I wonder if there is something about the type of striker Mourinho wants influencing his decision too.

miserable

Catalan press blaming Blatter

BkSou_xCIAALDBH.jpg:large

so Messi is winning the Balon this year

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Former Inter Coach Hector Cuper says the Nerazzurri are ready to make an approach to Roberto Mancini to return to the club.

The former Manchester City boss is currently in charge of Galatasaray but is said to be unsettled, while San Siro tactician Walter Mazzarri’s future has also come under scrutiny recently.

“Inter are ready to ask him to come back,” Cuper told Fanatik. “Mancini is not happy at Galatasaray and he wants to return to Italy.

“The Nerazzurri know about the situation and have already begun talks with him.

“Soon there may even be a formal announcement on the issue by the Turkish club.”
FROSTIES
German press as well. They're saying it's a politically motivated move by Blatter.

Please elaborate. edit: LOL! Yeah, no.

3Sixty

Any tips for the national 3sixty

Got second last year but ain't been following it this.

Help a brother out.

National is so tough, the ground going plays such a point because the race is so long.

I'll be backing Balthazar King probably regardless because he is my favourite horse of all time and will pick another the day of.

Jack cw

Please elaborate.
They are assuming that after Platini establisehd Nations League and grabs money from the national associations instead of sharing them with FIFA and his harsh critics against Blatter, the move done by FIFA is to show him where he belongs. Still dont get why this should affect Platini, but anyway.

Wes

venison crêpe
Nice to see Spurs are setting up transfers before they have their next manager in. Although in reality I bet they're already spoken to Van Gaal about it.

Thank you Lukaku for being the sacrificial lamb, saving Benteke from leaving us.

Zabojnik

Lots of noise about a possible Pogba - Cavani (+ cash, I would hope) swap in the summer in the media. I don't even care.

Zabo pls.

Lyon has 6 starters players injured including Grenier and Gourcuff.

Oh yeah? Well, we're playing with Isla, so it evens out.

Zabo, did you check out Duelyst?

I can't wait.

I did! Looks promising for sure. I didn't pledge, but I'm glad it's already backed.

Nice to see Spurs are setting up transfers before they have their next manager in. Although in reality I bet they're already spoken to Van Gaal about it.

Thank you Lukaku for being the sacrificial lamb, saving Benteke from leaving us.

Tottenham has a good team, they just need a good manager.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lots of noise about a possible Pogba - Cavani (+ cash, I would hope) swap in the summer in the media. I don't even care.
Cavani? I'm sure he'd prefer going to Chelsea or Madrid. Or at least his pockets would.
They are assuming that after Platini establisehd Nations League and grabs money from the national associations instead of sharing them with FIFA and his harsh critics against Blatter, the move done by FIFA is to show him where he belongs. Still dont get why this should affect Platini, but anyway.
Makes no sense whatsoever
KuGsj.gif

Zabo pls.

Lyon has 6 starters players injured including Grenier and Gourcuff.
we have 22 dead players.

L1NETT

If Spurs get Lukaku and Arsenal don't even bother to go after him......utterly bizarre. Couldn't think of a better player to slot in instead of Giroud. I said Remy at the start, but ain't been watching him much this year.

Their transfer policy is dire.

Zabojnik

we have 22 dead players.

This is the price you pay when you have Padoins and Pelusos as your backups. You can't rely on them, so you're always forced to play with your starting XI. We have about 14 players that are worthy of starting for us, big EU clubs have 18+. No wonder we're dead.

Jack cw

Didn't say I agree with the conspiracy theory.
I was only recaping what the article said :)
Makes no sense whatsoever
It doesnt but I can see why the made up such story. There is definately a fight between FIFA and UEFA but Barca as fighting ground simply makes no sense. This ban was not because of Neymar but for transfering with youths at the age of 10 and under.

Wes

venison crêpe

Yeah if they can get the right guy in to make them tick, they wouldn't need too much tinkering. I think they need a strong presence at the top of the tree. There's been too much turmoil there the past few years. They need a steady, calm and experienced head to take the role. Maybe van Gaal can be that.

Scum

That's Levy alright. Then again, if it does happen, I won't argue. :p

Yeah. Shame we've had to put up with instability up top. I hope Van Gaal does take the job. I want to light a fire up the arses of the mob we've got!

Seems like Evra is on his way out.

And Vidic.

and most likely Chicha. Oh man.

Evra's contract ends at the end of the season, doesn't it? Ship him off to Inter.

Is Evra really? And Vidic is definitely on his last legs, and unlikely to be a good squad option for much longer.

Evra's a decent enough second choice leftback imo. Vidic would be a good fourth choice CB atm, third choice if he can regain some form. Obviously neither of them would be happy with those roles though.

Wilbur

Banned
My tip today at Aintree is Activial, Dynaste and Oscar Whisky treble.

Last I looked was around 40/1

Lumped a fiver on those three. Returns 190. C'est la vie.

Let me know if they win I have no idea what time it's on or what it is :lol

Evra's a decent enough second choice leftback imo. Vidic would be a good fourth choice CB atm, third choice if he can regain some form. Obviously neither of them would be happy with those roles though.
And they would be on expensive wages.

Evra is going to Inter with Vidic afaik. Ferdinand will retire and join BT. Giggs - guess we'll see, Moyes will want him gone.

Hernandez - If we sold him last year we could have got close to £20m IMO. We are shit at selling so if we break £10m we've done well.

Other than the only other certainty is Nani I think.

Also suggestions that Carrick will go. Rafael an outside chance. Kagawa I think will stay for now.

Mastadon

Banned
Lukaku has 12 goals and 6 assists this season in the league. I have no idea why you'd sell him, especially to a rival.

Although to be fair I said the same about Mata, and look how that worked out
KuGsj.gif

Clegg

Lukaku has 12 goals and 6 assists this season in the league. I have no idea why you'd sell him, especially to a rival.

Although to be fair I said the same about Mata, and look how that worked out
KuGsj.gif
Tbf I think that's more a collective fault with the team than it is with the individual player. We've looked better with him playing as a 10 rather than out wide. City match aside, Mata has performed quite well in recent weeks once playing in his proper position. Will be problems next season when RVP is back though.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Why are the BBC giving Joey Barton airtime? Why does anyone give him airtime? Why is Martin Keown, Mills, Shearer, Owen on the BBC.

What the fuck is happening to the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom