• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

No chance of Young and Valencia leaving in the summer because:

1) They're shits and nobody will give them the wages they want.

2) Moyes fucking loves them.

TeddyBoy

Yeah if they can get the right guy in to make them tick, they wouldn't need too much tinkering. I think they need a strong presence at the top of the tree. There's been too much turmoil there the past few years. They need a steady, calm and experienced head to take the role. Maybe van Gaal can be that.

Everything up to the last couple of sentences can be said about AVB. Ultimately Levy is willing to sack anyone who doesn't get results, he's the problem at Spurs, not the manager.

Levy and Baldini wasted 100 euros on players who AVB didn't want and didn't play well to the system AVB wanted them too.

If Spurs want to be consistently hitting the top four every season, the first step is to to get rid of Levy, then appoint a proper successor to AVB.

Everything up to the last couple of sentences can be said about AVB. Ultimately Levy is willing to sack anyone who doesn't get results, he's the problem at Spurs, not the manager.

Levy and Baldini wasted 100 euros on players who AVB didn't want and didn't play well to the system AVB wanted them too.

If Spurs want to be consistently hitting the top four every season, the first step is to to get rid of Levy, then appoint a proper successor to AVB.

Bargains

If Spurs get Lukaku and Arsenal don't even bother to go after him......utterly bizarre. Couldn't think of a better player to slot in instead of Giroud. I said Remy at the start, but ain't been watching him much this year.

Their transfer policy is dire.

We can't aim higher?

I remember whining about us not going for Willian, a week later we signed Ozil for £10m extra. If the boss thinks he can pull off something similar (and he has the funds to at least) then I'm not going to be pissed at him in April for not signing a kid who won't be a patch on Chelsea's next main striker.

Should we make top 4, they wouldn't sell him to us anyway (maybe at a premium - £25m+). They wouldn't even loan us Ba, lol.

Mastadon

Banned
Tbf I think that's more a collective fault with the team than it is with the individual player. We've looked better with him playing as a 10 rather than out wide. City match aside, Mata has performed quite well in recent weeks once playing in his proper position. Will be problems next season when RVP is back though.

I didn't mean it in the sense that Mata is a bad player. He's one of the best in his role. I was referring to the fact that when you look back at it, it was actually quite a shrewd move from Mourinho to let him go to Utd. It's fair to say that Mata hasn't really impacted the quality of your team in the way that a similarly priced CM might have. It drew your focus away from other areas that perhaps needed more urgent attention.

We can't aim higher?

I remember whining about us not going for Willian, a week later we signed Ozil for £10m extra. If the boss thinks he can pull something similar off again (and he has the funds to at least) then I'm not going to be pissed at him in April for not signing a kid who won't be a patch on Chelsea's next main striker.

Should we make top 4, they wouldn't sell him to us anyway (maybe at a premium - £25m+). They wouldn't even loan us Ba, lol.

Who could you get?

All the top strikers in Europe seem to already have their fates outlined.

rvy

Banned
The fuck is up with PSN speeds, downloading a 4 GB game since 3 AM and it's not finished yet.

Jesus, Sony.

Aldave is talking shit again. Juve if you want Cardozo, now is the time.

bjaelke

glPaApU.jpg

That's a remarkable face to pull off.

L1NETT

We can't aim higher?

I remember whining about us not going for Willian, a week later we signed Ozil for £10m extra. If the boss thinks he can pull off something similar (and he has the funds to at least) then I'm not going to be pissed at him in April for not signing a kid who won't be a patch on Chelsea's next main striker.

I can't see anyone who would come to Arsenal who is world world class. Cavani? Seems petro bound. Costa? Petro bound as well.

What Arsenal have been crying out for is a pacy forward who can stretch it, good technique and has the ability to score 15/20 goals a season.

Romelu Lukaku.

---

Hang on just a micro second. Age of Mythology....coming to Steam?...

2014 IS SAVED. HOOZAH.

Who will play with me??

elseanio

In the last 5 years United never finished more than 1 point off the top of the table.

This year..

:(

In that same time Liverpool have finished:

2013 - 28 points behind
2012 - 37 points behind
2011 - 22 points behind
2010 - 23 points behind
2009 - 4 points behind

I can't see anyone who would come to Arsenal who is world world class. Cavani? Seems petro bound. Costa? Petro bound as well.

What Arsenal have been crying out for is a pacy forward who can stretch it, good technique and has the ability to score 15/20 goals a season.

Romelu Lukaku.

Sources tell me they are going to re-sign Adebayor.

Jack cw

Via fcb:
Bayern suspends press accredidations for the second leg for Sun and Daily Mail because of the "Schwein" headlines. So insecure all of a sudden :/

And according to Daily Mirror United is going to offer 40 million £ for Kroos.

rvy

Banned
Via fcb:
Bayern suspends press accredidations for the second leg for Sun and Daily Mail because of the "Schwein" headlines.

Good on them. UK tabloids are pathetic.

26 episodes run, starts tomorrow (I think). I hope the animation is decent.

But I thought this was about the CC2 game for PS3 and that it had gotten a Western release.

I feel dead inside.

Romelu Lukaku.

I disagree that Lukaku has good technique (certainly not in tight spaces at least), and if the management approach the transfer market with this mentality then not only do we deserve repeated 4th place battles, they're doing a disservice to the people who pay more than anyone in the sport to watch their team play.

Alot of this boils down to how differently we rate the player though, I guess.

Zabojnik

So apparently the new Captain America movie is good, great even? That's nice to hear. The first one was pretty terrible.

Good on them. UK tabloids are pathetic.

But I thought this was about the CC2 game for PS3 and that it had gotten a Western release.

I feel dead inside.

I'll join you tonight at about 23h.

L1NETT

So apparently the new Captain America movie is good, great even? That's nice to hear. The first one was pretty terrible.

It's fine. Competent. Beige. Adequate. Not dreadful.

That's it though. Still baggy, random plot threads which go nowhere, soppy, odd action set pieces.

Saying it's the best marvel movie isn't exactly high praise though.

Good for what it is.

Jack cw

Not sure, but we'll need a proper replacement. Shaqiri isn't at his level yet, maybe he'll never be.

True. I still think that Shaqiri should be right fullback.
I dont want Reus as winger and Bale is out of the question. There is only Hazard that could boost quality.

Hixx

Wow. So you may be aware SAFC banned The Sun from official doings with the club recently after they leaked our formation vs Liverpool.

So in addition to now referring to us as 'Derland' (DAT WIT), they have "allegedly" tried to sabotage our links with our sponsor Bidvest.
e5YuU.gif

Wow. So you may be aware SAFC banned The Sun from official doings with the club recently after they leaked our formation vs Liverpool.

So in addition to now referring to us as 'Derland' (DAT WIT), they have "allegedly" tried to sabotage our links with our sponsor Bidvest.
e5YuU.gif

I was wondering what that was about, thought it was a printing error or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom