• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Anyone here been to Snowpiercer yet? Pretty hyped for that one.

And I found out today that Under the Skin won't be coming before september 25th. Le sigh :(

Wilbur

Banned
You seen The Winter Soldier yet?

Yeah, I liked it. I've watched all the Marvel films recently, found myself liking The Avengers far more than I remember, and liked IM3 just as much as I did before. Cap 2 is one of the best they've done. It's a little long, but entertaining, something a little different, and the action scenes are well choreographed. I just think the entire MCU is a very ambitious idea and I'm really quite fascinated by how it all works.

Shut up

Zabojnik

h019120E7.gif

Telegraph jumping on the Mou to sell all his strikers bandwagon.

Well Eto'o has a contract until the end of the season only. Ba is certainly gone, Torres is gone if anyone are willing to take him and Lukaku's agent is out whoring him around. Seems pretty reasonable.

Salvadora

Yeah, I liked it. I've watched all the Marvel films recently, found myself liking The Avengers far more than I remember, and liked IM3 just as much as I did before. Cap 2 is one of the best they've done. It's a little long, but entertaining, something a little different, and the action scenes are well choreographed. I just think the entire MCU is a very ambitious idea and I'm really quite fascinated by how it all works.
You know, I was completely taken aback by how much I enjoyed The Winter Soldier. It just hit all the right cords. And I'm usually the voice of dissatisfaction when it comes to these type of movies, so believe the hype guys. <3 ScarJo

However, I'm less taken with the whole MCU. While it's interesting (and obviously very ambitious), I just hate how so many of the movies feel like they're a setup for the next. Also, and perhaps irrationally, doing these individual movies leaves me wondering where character x is now that they've set up this big universe.

Wilbur

Banned
You know, I was completely taken aback by how much I enjoyed The Winter Soldier. It just hit all the right cords. And I'm usually the voice of dissatisfaction when it comes to these type of movies, so believe the hype guys. <3 ScarJo

However, I'm less taken with the whole MCU. While it's interesting (and obviously very ambitious), I just hate how so many of the movies feel like they're a setup for the next. Also, and perhaps irrationally, doing these individual movies leaves me wondering where character x is now that they've set up this big universe.

I think it's just a case of suspending your disbelief. It's comics, innit; every single week someone's trying to destroy the world but you can't expect Superman to turn up every time because that's just not how they work. I'm fine with Cap 2's stuff being handled just by Cap because it involves SHIELD. Thor 2 was primarily in space, it was only the end that was on Earth so you imagine Thor wouldn't have the time to ring Iron Man innit. IM3 could have involved the others but I can see why it didn't, and I'm more than happy just to suspend my disbelief a tad.

We're gonna buy Morata

Says Bild lol

Actually I don't know for sure it's Morata. They censor "premium" articles and all I see is a blurry bald man. Might as well be Fry.

Wilbur

Banned
Cleverley set for a new contract?

ihGq1A0sa1Ub4.gif

Please, get rid of him. On what basis does he even deserve today's wages?

fuck this

fucking sell him to everton for four quid

Listen to this, you fucking heathen

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v34/n11/vladimir-nabokov/the-university-poem

You don't even have to read it. And it's even low-tier Nabokov, but it's still phenomenal.

Sal this is 36 minutes long

I dont even know why its a poem, Fiennes is reading with no sense of rhythm and there's no distinctive intonation. I fucking hate poems.

I wish I wasn't good at writing because i don't like fucking ENGLISH

Wilbur

Banned
I've seen some crazy ass shit in my time but this is on another level. Whilst it was good, I don't think I have the fortitude to stand watching another episode.

It hit the right note between crude, random and surreal for me.

For instance I hate the Mighty Boosh because I think a lot of the humour relies on you finding someone saying "oooh little missy bumbo licked the moon biscuit" funny; it's just random non-sequiturs that I just don't find amusing.

But I'm a sucker for the crassness of things like South Park and Superbad; swearing and dick jokes, if you hadn't worked it out by now, amuse me! So this was a good conceit that threw all its eggs in one basket for a pilot and really worked for me. Great pace, some funny jokes elevated by the animation style and the sheer oddness of it all.

Sal this is 36 minutes long

I dont even know why its a poem, Fiennes is reading with no sense of rhythm and there's no distinctive intonation. I fucking hate poems.

I wish I wasn't good at writing because i don't like fucking ENGLISH

If you think that's bad try reading pale fire.

L1NETT

According to the Daily fucking *vomit Mail, United also set to offer De Gea, Jones, Welbz and Bradford' best 5th Premiership youth product new contracts

Maybe it's all 4 of them or nowt

I don't fucking know

Sell him to Bobby Martinez please

He signed Alcaraz ffs he'll sign anyone.

Wilbur

Banned
CULTURE IS DIFFICULTY, MOTHERFUCKER. ART IS INCONVENIENCE.

But 36 minutes... I mean, I scrolled. 67 stanzas/cantos/fucking VERSES?

I know I wouldn't listen to it, it would just go on in the background. Please believe me when I say I listened to the first three minutes and was already bored.

Let's just go back to mutual distrust of Patrice Evra and kiss once more.

If you think that's bad try reading pale fire.

Interesting concept, although I fear I'd get fucking lost reading it.

WJD

Would De Gea sign a new contract? Or would he live in hope that Barca/Madrid come calling?
Still ridiculously young so he's got plenty of time before the inevitable happens. Not that it means much, but he seems pretty happy here.

Meier

Great news about Clevdawg. I think de Gea would sign a new deal if only to make the money he deserves. He knows that if/when he wants to move to Barça or Madrid, they'll stump up the cash to sign him if the interest in mutual.

I don't know. I find it weird people lose their shit over this, but much, much more despicable companies or CEOs are completely ignored. It just feels like the next "We have some irrelevant case where we can let off some steam" craze.

I think we didn't even have a thread about this.

Irrelevant case? Come one haha, if people are willing to leave their job as board directors, do you think it's really irrelevant to them? Don't put your values on everyone... and stop with the whatabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom