• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Moc

Banned
What exactly is the controversy?

They were calling him Schwein, I assume because it sounds like Swine. So they've left a gap where his surname goes for some reason. I don't really know if there was anything in it really, but I'll side with Munich on this one because fuck the sun.

Meier

Nonsense.

You went from having Silva forced into a pass to Nasri 25 yards from goal with 4/5 defenders around, to a free kick 30 yards from goal. Perhaps you'd rather have Nasri on the ball in the first situation, but it's a nothing decision. You'd think it was Aguero going through on goal.
Silva was at the edge of the goalkeeperr's area with only two defenders nearby and was cutting in. You're fucking kidding yourself and lying if you think that scenario would not have been painted differently in this thread if the teams were reversed.

At least one neutral was honest about it.

fuenf

BkdY4-YIAAAUJBB.jpg:large

ROFL is that real? Guess they do want to attend the game after all.

Clegg

Keeping Welbeck safe for Wednesday I guess.

Really wanna see Wilson get first team minutes this season.
Right move with Welbeck.

Wilson been doing well with the reserves. Since the only other striker in the squad is Chicha we may see Wilson today. Look forward to it.

Silva was at the edge of the box with only two defenders nearby and was cutting in. You're fucking kidding yourself and lying if you think that scenario would not have been painted differently in this thread if the teams were reversed.

At least one neutral was honest about it.

When the whistle blew for the play to be taken back, he was running away from goal having allowed the defenders to converge on him and get goalside, unless I have the timings wrong.

If it had happened to Southampton, I'd have said 'fuck's sake, that was a decent position.' I wouldn't pretend that it goes some way to balancing out a myriad of shite decisions that have gone in their hypothetical favour all season long.

Into

Negredo is useless

At least Dzeko would have gotten that ball under control and give it a proper shot (and missed)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Negredo isn't careful Soldado will have scored more league goals than him by the end of the season.

What happened to him?

Yen

City have had just as many incorrect offside goals go against them this season. You guys were just busy watching other games at the time.

That image is pretty misleading. As I recall it, Kolarov literally leaps away from goal immediately after this which made it appear far closer. In that still, the ball hasn't even been passed yet. It was definitely the wrong call, but that picture is not telling the whole story.
:lol

Feorax

Whilst the offside decision (or lack thereof) was disgusting, I don't think Southampton deserve to get anything out of this game.

They've flattered to deceive imo. Played some nice stuff at times, but like Bayern v United, it's possession for possession's sake, rather than actually having any quality in the final third.

Their entire back line have had a poor game too, although on the bright side, Lallana has gotten better as the game has gone on.

FQBzB46.jpg

The Dutch word 'opslag' translates to storage and raise in English. She picked the wrong word :lol

I'd beloof her opslag any time :p

Is there any way to know which is the right word in English without being able to speak/write English fluently? You guys don't use genders or accents right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom