• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Torres is going to have a big day today, I can feel it in my water, its gonna be early season City game all over again

:lol pls

they actually have better players than Dortmund already in various positions. but they lack a great coach

Like where exactly?

You might make a point about Rodriguez because Schmelzer is shit at times. But I also think that Rodriguez is kinda overhyped because of his great crosses/corners/free kicks. Don't think he's all that in defense.

Salvadora

No. I wanted the manager to get top 4 no matter what. Not getting top 4 proves that he can't get the best out of the squad he has. However well Moyes does with new players, another manager could be winning titles with the same team.
He really surprised me with that spirited performance against Bayern.

If he starts getting positive results by the end of the season, you could really begin the climb next. Might not be United quality, but at least he won't destroy your club.

Jack cw

Well, I honestly don't care. I don't see Bayern winning the CL again this season.

I have a feeling you guys could go out against United. Just the result nobody would have guessed, one of those stories. Like Ji being subbed in and scoring the equalizer against us just to disappear to fuckknowswhere again after that.

Would also be happy for Pep being punished for not giving a fuck in the Bundesliga and losing the team's "flow".
So salty. It's actually your own fault when we become Champions in March. And we don't need to win with 4 goals difference in the finals. Can't imagine Bayern looking so helpless against Real as Dortmund did tbh. If pep delivers the results nobody cares how he won. And you better win against Wolfsburg or Schalke is the Nummer Eins im Pott.

Elchele

Like where exactly?

You might make a point about Rodriguez because Schmelzer is shit at times. But I also think that Rodriguez is kinda overhyped because of his great crosses/corners/free kicks. Don't think he's all that in defense.

Rodríguez > Schmelzer
KdB > Mkhyflopy
Luiz Gustavo > Kehl

They were extremely stupid to let Brandt leave, he's better than their current wingers too

His attitude sucks as well.

If those reports are true, he'll never make it

Do a basic breakdown of his ability (from what I've seen) and he's a good dribbler when he has acres of space and only 1 opposition player to run at. Beyond that, I see no standout attribute. In fact, most of his attributes seem to be well below the required standard, let alone anything that could be described as a strength.

So salty. It's actually your own fault when we become Champions in March. And we don't need to win with 4 goals difference in the finals. Can't imagine Bayern looking so helpless against Real as Dortmund did tbh. If pep delivers the results nobody cares how he won. And you better win against Wolfsburg or Schalke is the Nummer Eins im Pott.
It's our fault? lol

And how is Schlacke number one when they are third? OldBlablurn pls

I know this feeling. I felt the same when news said Khedira would miss the entire season.
I felt the same when Götze ripped his vagina.

scently

Kagawa, Mata, Adnan and even Nani are all on the same wavelength when either of them play together. Any can see that shit a fucking mile away. Players like Rooney and Young just fuck with the whole rhythm.

Don't be surprised if it all goes to pot again if/and when any of them come back into the squad.

This is not true at all. Play Rooney as a No.9 and he is so much better than our other strikers ATM, and he is very good at interplay. Any Utd fan who says otherwise is being disingenuous.

I'm done with Nani.

He has plenty of ability but he's had enough chances. Don't mind if we keep him but he shouldn't be considered as a key option any longer, not going to happen.

I think he would be a great impact sub. He has pace, can dribble past players, isn't afraid to shoot, can put in a good cross, and can play a short passing game. He can also play on either flank.

The only reason to keep Valencia right now is that he can fill in at rb or if you want a defensive winger for big games. There is no point in keeping Young, but he will stay on the team because nobody will be willing to pay his wages.

Wilbur

Banned
This is not true at all. Play Rooney as a No.9 and he is so much better than our other strikers ATM, and he is very good at interplay. Any Utd fan who says otherwise is being disingenuous.

Except he doesn't play there. He plays behind the striker and lacks the skillset and the tactical discipline to play there. I wish we had sold him in the summer.

Scum

scently, pls. Rooney as a No. 9? Sure. Rooney staying put and playing as a No. 9? Meh.

Rodríguez > Schmelzer
KdB > Mkhyflopy
Luiz Gustavo > Kehl

They were extremely stupid to let Brandt leave, he's better than their current wingers too
All de Bruyne has done for Wolfsburg is tackle the ref and get a red card. Micky, with all the problems he has at the moment, has done more.

And why compare Kehl? He's the backup, I'll take Bender over Gustavo any day.

Except he doesn't play there. He plays behind the striker and lacks the skillset and the tactical discipline to play there. I wish we had sold him in the summer.

I'd be much happier with him if we played him as the main striker. I agree, one of Rooney or RVP really need to be sold for the overall benefit of the team.

Suen

Jack cw

It's our fault? lol

And how is Schlacke number one when they are third?
Yep. You are part of the competition and self proclaimed number 2 in Germany. Second year in a row where you couldn't give us a fight. Look at your squad and the rest of Bundesliga and that's why it's your fault and your policy of keeping a shitty bench. And yeah, Schalke with his pathetic coach and mediocre team managed to get to you and looking at the next coming matches I think that Dormund has the harder programm. But go on, don't give up your pride and blame the others when BVB is playing pretty shitty for months.

Yep. You are part of the competition and self proclaimed number 2 in Germany. Second year in a row where you couldn't give us a fight. Look at your squad and the rest of Bundesliga and that's why it's your fault and your policy of keeping a shitty bench. And yeah, Schalke with his pathetic coach and mediocre team managed to get to you and looking at the next coming matches I think that Dormund had the harder programm. But go on, don't give up your pride and blame the others when BVB is playing pretty shitty for months.
We only lost against you once and had a shitton of injuries, sorry I don't give a fuck.

Elchele

Yep. You are part of the competition and self proclaimed number 2 in Germany. Second year in a row where you couldn't give us a fight. Look at your squad and the rest of Bundesliga and that's why it's your fault and your policy of keeping a shitty bench. And yeah, Schalke with his pathetic coach and mediocre team managed to get to you and looking at the next coming matches I think that Dormund has the harder programm. But go on, don't give up your pride and blame the others when BVB is playing pretty shitty for months.

You're doing the same with Bayern m8

Suen

wow...Biscuit should have received a yellow there for preventing Betis from a chance of scoring a goal. Fucking ref.

If those reports are true, he'll never make it

Do a basic breakdown of his ability (from what I've seen) and he's a good dribbler when he has acres of space and only 1 opposition player to run at. Beyond that, I see no standout attribute. In fact, most of his attributes seem to be well below the required standard, let alone anything that could be described as a strength.

This is what I tried telling Sohois.

sohois said:
Of course it's 'unfair' that brought in players have much higher wages but it's just an economic reality.

And in fact Zaha is a prime example of why Januzaj shouldn't be given that much; you may feel that Januzaj has a higher ceiling, will be a better player, but the fact remains that Zaha's season in the championship gives a much better indication of his potential ability than Januzaj, it is far easier to predict Zaha's end potential as there is a far greater sample size to use for judgement. You highlight how consistency is important but are you really considering it from a rational perspective? The difference in quality from the reserve leagues to senior leagues is truly massive.

Ultimately United have been pushed into a corner, by failing to tie up his contract earlier they lack the time to get a real estimation of Januzaj's ability and must decide whether to offer him the big money, with all of the indirect problems that could cause, or potentially miss out on someone who could be a top player. Is the expected utility of Januzaj ultimately positive given the costs of the reported contract? I don't think it is.

All you have to do is look at the technique, the intelligence, quality of passes they are capable of, and consistency in everything they do.

It's why I never wanted Zaha in the first place. He had too many flaws in his game and you could see that from his time in the Championship. Not to mention that when he played in the reserves, Adnan made him look like wank.

People saying WIllian is shit are crazy, he adds so much to this team. How many times has he won the ball (and in their half of the pitch too?). Brilliant on the counters too. Schurrle looks decent too today, Salah not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom