• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT18| Coming Early by L. Piscium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BVB are second because they're shit and Kloppo is a two seasons in a row wonder

Please understand

Salvadora

People saying WIllian is shit are crazy, he adds so much to this team. How many times has he won the ball (and in their half of the pitch too?). Brilliant on the counters too. Schurrle looks decent too today, Salah not so much.
He's not shit, obviously, but I'm left with the feeling at times that he is capable of more.

BVB are second because they're shit and Kloppo is a two seasons in a row wonder

Please understand

Sounds like Conte, only Juve don't have a Bayern to put them back in their place
dPrJaGc.png

Let Napoli win the league next year pls

Suen

I'm actually surprised by how good Betis is playing against Barca. They've had more attempts at goal than Barca, definitely think they can score a goal at Camp Nou and with some luck keep it a draw........but the most likely outcome is Barca making them their bitch the second half.

GQman2121

Banned
People saying WIllian is shit are crazy, he adds so much to this team. How many times has he won the ball (and in their half of the pitch too?). Brilliant on the counters too. Schurrle looks decent too today, Salah not so much.

Willian was mistake free against PSG. He did very well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Klopp is still doing excellent work with an injury-depleted squad. Despite the harder CL group they managed to go through, instead of choking against Galatasaray.

Klopp>Conte
I was defending Bayern lool

You know what, fuck off then. :lol I hope you choke to a midtable team led by Moyes again

Suen

Sounds like Conte, only Juve don't have a Bayern to put them back in their place
dPrJaGc.png

Napoli can't win even if they are at 100 %. I think Rafa needs to raise their level to 115 %.

Lambda, fuck you for ignoring my question. Fuck Benfica and fuck Chelsea.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
dPrJaGc.png

Bring them here. We will lose twice to them and win the rest of our games. We won't be that far behind in the table that's for sure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I have a lot of respect for Dortmund, I can't help it. If we drop out to Moyes then so be it. You should be disappointed in your team, not me. They could've beaten that shitty Turkish team.

I still hope you'll keep Napoli at bay though and that next season you'll manage to shine again.
Who says I'm not disappointed?

Why are we bringing up Juve? My team being shit invalidates my opinion somehow?

scently

Except he doesn't play there. He plays behind the striker and lacks the skillset and the tactical discipline to play there. I wish we had sold him in the summer.

Except he has been playing there since RVP got injured. Check his goal scoring record since rvp got injured. As far as I am concerned, we should never have bought RVP. Sure, he scored a lot of goals but the previous season and the 09/10 season proved that playing Rooney as our main striker will get you 30+ goals a season, while Welbeck and Chicha are not bad as back up. So, him playing as a No.10 is as a result of bringing in rvp. Another side effect of that move is that Welbeck's development as a striker has been severly disrupted and Chicha has become increasingly marginalised.

Even so, with less games played last season, he had almost the same stats as the no.1 playmaker in the league last season (Rooney: 12 goals, 10 assists; Mata 12 goals, 12 assists.) He has the most assist for us this season (10 assists in the league, just one less than the leading assist provider), and he has the most assists in the CL. Sure he might not be the best, but he isn't as incompetent as you are making him out to be.

As far as I am concerned, it is the manager's and coaching staff failure in not devising a system that can incorporate multiple playmakers, with the players constantly switching position. Chelsea do it, and so does Arsenal.

TrueBlue

Aye, the bollocking that Willian was getting from GAF after the PSG result was weird.

Salvadora

Honestly, I just hate watching Torres and wish he would leave Chelsea.

Like, it's not even funny at this point really. That face like thunder we have to look at for 90 minutes and his general struggle. Ugh.

Fergie

Banned
Except he has been playing there since RVP got injured. Check his goal scoring record since rvp got injured. As far as I am concerned, we should never have bought RVP. Sure, he scored a lot of goals but the previous season and the 09/10 season proved that playing Rooney as our main striker will get you 30+ goals a season, while Welbeck and Chicha are not bad as back up. So, him playing as a No.10 is as a result of bringing in rvp. Another side effect of that move is that Welbeck's development as a striker has been severly disrupted and Chicha has become increasingly marginalised.

Even so, with less games played last season, he had almost the same stats as the no.1 playmaker in the league last season (Rooney: 12 goals, 10 assists; Mata 12 goals, 12 assists.) He has the most assist for us this season (10 assists in the league, just one less than the leading assist provider), and he has the most assists in the CL. Sure he might not be the best, but he isn't as incompetent as you are making him out to be.

As far as I am concerned, it is the manager's and coaching staff failure in not devising a system that can incorporate multiple playmakers, with the players constantly switching position. Chelsea do it, and so does Arsenal.
I agree on the switching positions, that should be happening.

Fergie

Banned
I think it's 9 goals in 15 matches. Thorpe assisted his 2nd goal. Macheda did well for Doncaster as well. He's doing much better than Will Keane.
I hope this kick starts something. I'm not sure he'll make at United. But one can hope.

Salah gets one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom