• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
No Stoke please. Stop giving these teams lower than us any kind of hope.

Oh my days Lallana should've scored but hit his own foot.

L1NETT

It's really tough to cheer for Ryan Shawcross and NZonzi

But Cardiff are so unlikeable.

So go Stoke!

(vomit)

Goal Cardiff

OR NOT

??

Arnie is feeling the "pressure" of having to play Norwich tomorrow.

because it's Norwich that's gonna stop Liverpool title aspirations.

Norwich.

edit: stonewall pelanty for Crystal.

Slizz

Soccer thread in OT....

Why the fuck do people care so much about the term used to describe the sport?

We have a football here, if I'm talking to people who don't know me, what word am I going to use? Soccer, because there will be no confusion. People that do know me know when I'm talking Football and Football.

Wes

venison crêpe
Luke Shaw booked, but really that should be his second after elbowing Albrighton in the face in the first half.

Marc

Soccer thread in OT....

We have a football here, if I'm talking to people who don't know me, what word am I going to use? Soccer, because there will be no confusion. People that do know me know when I'm talking Football and Football.

Its Football, always is, always will be.

There is no confusion.

WJD

Soccer thread in OT....

Aye, it's a silly thing to get worked up about. I know because it used to irrationally bother me when I was more of a twat.

Slizz

Aye, it's a silly thing to get worked up about. I know because it used to irrationally bother me when I was more of a twat.

For sure, I'm not too worked up, just wondering why everyone does get worked up.

There is no problem. Let people call it what they want, who cares?

My sentiments, but every football thread in OT especially involving the popularity in the US turns into football vs. soccer debate, pretty annoying.

I just alternate between soccer and football. Soccer when I'm talking to someone that doesn't really follow the sport and football when I'm talking to someone that does.

Torontonian here

Clegg

The only thing wrong about that Soccer thread is the 24 year old from Portland shiteing on about Thatcherite policies like he actually gives a toss.

Dat Immobile. You're welcome, Dortmund.
30M€

Nein. Although Atletico is supposed to be on it as well and they do know how to pick CFs..

Reus was great again, so were Jojic & Kirch. Kirch is very good atm. - hope we extend his contract despite his age.
Piszczek & Sahin were pretty bad.
The former again demonstrated that he needs more time to get back into his old shape.
The letter needs to improve and clear his head or get used to the bench. I loved how he telegraphed his horrendous back pass that led to a Mainz goal by pointing in the direction of the pass. You really want to slap him for gesticulating around.

Happy for Freiburg.

L1NETT

Ehh nowt wrong with calling it soccer

People do over here.

Also no point in getting irate about it

--

Stoke do play a bit of football to give em some credit

Cardiff are a poor side. Really poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom