• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
No Cole on the bench today is leading me to believe that Luiz is in fact going play RB on Tuesday night. I know he does it for Brazil, but I can't remember when he's done it for us for 90 mins.

Wilbur

Banned
Bye bye Cardiff

Might be feeling a little blue if they go down

dPrJaGc.png

Marc

Well done Swansea, will hopefully keep them up... can see this being one of the lowest required points totals to stay up this season. So many teams potentially involved if any of the bottom 3 go on a run but just not happening.

Newcastle have nothing to play for and I think Pardew and the team is not getting a lot of support from the fans or the board, some of the players too. Anyone else think Pardew is getting a bad rap? They were relegation battlers not that long ago, people are way too quick to get on his back. Doesn't help himself for sure but if you don't spend a penny in this league AND sell your best player, expecting better than their current 9th place is a bit rich.

Cairnsay

Banned
The problem for Newcastle is much higher up.

This.

I totally agree that Pardew appears to have completely lost the dressing room, the players don't want to play for him or (with the exception of a few) the club in general. However all that will happen when they do fire him is that they will want to bring in someone else who will just be happy to have a job, therefore won't push the board for any extra money to spend on the squad or backroom staff. When infact what is needed is for a manager to come in and completely overhaul everything, from the team, to the coaches, totally start again. The last time we gave a manager a chance to do that was Allardyce, granted that didn't go brilliantly, but the point is since Allardyce left all we have done is built shit on top of shit, and now we are left with this massive pile of shit. Ashley just won't shell out for a decent colonic.

Also hi, this is my first post in the football thread!

Wilbur

Banned
This.

I totally agree that Pardew appears to have completely lost the dressing room, the players don't want to play for him or (with the exception of a few) the club in general. However all that will happen when they do fire him is that they will want to bring in someone else who will just be happy to have a job, therefore won't push the board for any extra money to spend on the squad or backroom staff. When infact what is needed is for a manager to come in and completely overhaul everything, from the team, to the coaches, totally start again. The last time we gave a manager a chance to do that was Allardyce, granted that didn't go brilliantly, but the point is since Allardyce left all we have done is built shit on top of shit, and now we are left with this massive pile of shit. Ashley just won't shell out for a decent colonic.

Also hi, this is my first post in the football thread!

Welcome, man!

Not sure about Pardew, it's clear the club is fucked from owner downwards. Dunno what a change of manager would result in; depends who you bring in and how much money he's given.

Hixx

Another one
e5YuU.gif

-

Sudden feelings of imminent destruction. I think we're going to get battered here. We don't do two good performances a month, nevermind week...

Cairnsay

Banned
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I look forward to subjecting you all to my depressed ramblings over the coming weeks, I'm tempted to stick a tenner on us not picking up any more points this season!

Hopefully Chelsea can cheer me up a little by putting a few past them lot.

Marc

Look at you reverting to the Venice photo to reel in some pussy.

What's the hair situation like? :)

Nothing stops this train.

Liverpoolians, the title will be lifted by Stevie. Believe.

Borini could become a big part to Liverpool winning the league.

Ynwa.

Would be very interesting, suddenly Mourinho would be moaning about the loan system with 26 players or whatever out on loan.

Can't see it though, Sunderland play better away but Chelsea at home under Mourinho is a fortress.

Hope it happens, Terry and Cahill the only English players. At least Mourinho is protecting English football for us, the saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom