• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
xNBYJct.jpg

#big#hairy#legs

jtb

Banned
the holy trifecta of Ozil, Ramsey, and Theo played together like once this season. those 3 + a competent striker could be a decent core to build around.

Not considering current form. As I posted previously, in 'current form' he's probably the best in the PL, maybe even Europe.

But considering play throughout this season, from what I've seen of both Barkley and Shaw in comparison, I would take Barkley.

Fair enough then. If he keeps his head on straight, I think Sterling will be world class sooner than expected though. I'm a bit wary of what could happen to him if Rodgers left and he ended up with someone who is not known for man-management though.

I have thought all season long that this team is best suited for counter attacking football. We don't have the players to dominate possession and we always end up making a sloppy pass that leads to a goal. We are much more devastating when we can just counter.

Salvadora

I have thought all season long that this team is best suited for counter attacking football. We don't have the players to dominate possession and we always end up making a sloppy pass that leads to a goal. We are much more devastating when we can just counter.

We don't have the pace to play on the counter attack, for the most part.

jtb

Banned
Arteta's been exposed this season as incredibly limited going forward while also being a huge defensive liability. Cazorla's been poor but he hasn't actively killed this team the way Arteta has. not his fault, but he's just not good enough. I'll be really disappointed if a good box to box/defensive midfielder isn't brought in, I'd be tempted to say it's even more important than bringing in a good striker.

truth is, just about every position needs significant strengthening—and that's before even taking into account all the holes we'll have in the squad when Sagna and Vermaelen leave. both have been poor this season and Vermaelen's always been shit but you just can't bring in six or seven players over the summer so it'll be another summer + season of moving sideways. and that's the best case scenario.

wedward

Arteta's been exposed this season as incredibly limited going forward, defensive liability that he is. Cazorla's been poor but he hasn't actively killed this team the way Arteta has. not his fault, but he's just not good enough. I'll be really disappointed if a good box to box/defensive midfielder isn't brought in, I'd be tempted to say it's even more important than bringing in a good striker.

truth is, just about every position needs significant strengthening—and that's before even taking into account all the holes we'll have in the squad when Sagna and Vermaelen leave. both have been poor this season and Vermaelen's always been shit but you just can't bring in six or seven players over the summer so it'll be another summer + season of moving sideways. and that's the best case scenario.

Sagna has been good this season.

Don't think either of them will leave.

We need a striker and dm this summer to compete for the league.

And keep the players we have healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom