• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Banned
“I would like to have more minutes. I would like to have a more important role here, but I have not been given the chance"

dc89

Christ, haven't even contemplated that.

If you win it, buy a jersey with them on it. I still have mine. It's so good. SO GOOD.

In fact I have two, home and away. The away is like new still, the home is a little worse for wear as it's what I play football in. The gold has faded a bit, ironic really.

Arnie

If you win it, buy a jersey with them on it. I still have mine. It's so good. SO GOOD.

In fact I have two, home and away. The away is like new still, the home is a little worse for wear as it's what I play football in. The gold has faded a bit, ironic really.
Without a doubt.

Gerrard 8. Gold patches.

The dream.

Abraxas

Reus won't go to united, not to this rot. It wouldn't be fair. Not into moyes's anus. Shinji pls, shinji warn Reus, don't let him die like you did.

Feels like I've said if so often this season but it's getting worse somehow.

This is utterly shambolic. It's like a year 8 game on a Friday afternoon.

Marc

Not heard one negative thing said about Rooney today.

It really angers me, the media gloss over so many things and for what?

Even on the BBC and other places, barely any comments posted about Rooney's performance today and in general.

I've heard (either on here or from non-Liverpool fans on RAWK) that we put too much defensive work on Sahin's shoulders, when in actuality he did fuck all graft for us in winning the ball back or putting in the yards to retain solidarity. Whether he's capable of it or not is irrelevant, the point is it was used as an excuse for his non-performances.

Correct, but this view was skewed as back then less team pressed against us like they do now. As we've seen this season even with a fit Bender at his side he couldn't really initiate attacks like he used to and couldn't just outmaneuver 1-2 players to play a deadly pass like we've become accustomed from Gündogan.
He currently sort of continues degrading into a full-blown DM. But we still hope for him to get his super precise passing ability back on track so he could become a (maybe lesser) Xabi-type player. Klopp apparently hopes so too and that's why he got fully signed from Madrid a few weeks ago.

And you're implying that he shirked away from it as if it was something he was asked to do that he isn't used to, which is a different point to the one you're making now.

He played like he shouldn't be expected to defend, and other fans talked about him as though Rodgers was stupid for expecting him to defend. His workrate at Dortmund is pretty much irrelevant to my point. If anything, he was even more disappointing if he was good at it for Dortmund, as it confirms that he just couldn't be bothered to do it for us.

The point is, he was lazy and ineffective, and had people giving him bullshit excuses for it

Walshy

Is there a better right back currently in world football than Seamus Coleman?

Lahm doesn't count, he's played mostly as a a midfielder lately.

PowderedToast

omg sooo bad

it can't be said enough

I wish pundits would admit how fucking bad he is

but then they couldnt get the customary hype machine going for brazil if they did that. ugh

Eanan

omg sooo bad

it can't be said enough

I wish pundits would admit how fucking bad he is

but then they couldnt get the customary hype machine going for brazil if they did that. ugh

I wonder what to pundits in germany/spain think of wazza in comparison to the many deluded english pundits.

Labadal

Secret agent Moyes. Giving Everton 3 points. Everton will reach CL. Moyes sacked by Man Utd. Man Utd hires Martinez. Moyes returns to Everton and coaches in the CL

#MaserPlan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom