• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

Yep Manchester United have been poor today but i'm sure everybody will quickly forget that United were without over half of their first choice team again today and claim United are in fact 'just shit init'.

A lot of this talk about care and effort is pretty futile though.

Need to realise that the majority of this team are just utter shit.
It's not.

We need better players. Everyone knows that. But any team worth it's salt needs players who try.

It's a fundamental.

Mastadon

Banned
Dat 23 point gap
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

A lot of this talk about care and effort is pretty futile though.

Need to realise that the majority of this team are just utter shit.
Getting scored on 4 times in 30 minutes against Zwolle isn't what I'd blame on this team being bad. They clearly don't even care, scared to go in hard so they don't get injured.

Oh LOL yeah I'm not talking about ManU.

dc89

Without a doubt.

Gerrard 8. Gold patches.

The dream.

It always makes me wonder...

When do clubs start preparing champions merchandise and website content etc!

Like City's website was flooded with all sorts within hours of us winning it. Imaging making all the banners, the articles etc and maybe having to scrub it.

Marc

So what is going on at Ajax?

Yep Manchester United have been poor today but i'm sure everybody will quickly forget that United were without over half of their first choice team again today and claim United are in fact 'just shit init'.

If only the United players ate the right breakfast, this would have been a completely different game...

lucky2.jpg

Hard to tell anymore but that might have been the worst performance of the season.

It was so chaotic. Like they genuinely didn't know what they were doing. Real life headless chickens.

It's not.

We need better players. Everyone knows that. But any team worth it's salt needs players who try.

It's a fundamental.

Yep. As soon as Norwich started fighting at 2-0, we couldn't handle it. 50-50s started going in their favour, headed duels were going their way, they got the first toe to every loose ball

Effort won't win every match, but it will make you lose if it's not sufficient*

*massive cliche alert

Empty

everton barely had to stretch their legs to easily beat us. aka what happens against any good team* (and even some bad ones).

*except arsenal

wedward

The people who are responsible for the future of your club decide it's a good idea to give Rooney an extension and pay raise.

I'd be worried.

Salazar

Hard to tell anymore but that might have been the worst performance of the season.

It was so chaotic. Like they genuinely didn't know what they were doing. Real life headless chickens.

By contrast with Norwich, who pulled something together.

Like Hitcher wisely contends.

It always makes me wonder...

When do clubs start preparing champions merchandise and website content etc!

Like City's website was flooded with all sorts within hours of us winning it. Imaging making all the banners, the articles etc and maybe having to scrub it.

It makes you look a right bunch of knobends if it gets leaked, like our CL Winners 06/07 bus :(

Arnie

No way.

Awful result but the performance wasn't as bad as it's been.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant we just forfeit our last few games, no-one cares, im so ready to get rid of the deadwood, including our tactically inept manager.

Westlo

How much of your first team was missing when we beat your ass @ old trafford?
5I5s8.png

LNBL

What's happened?

They have thrown Fireworks on the field, after which Ajax scored the 1-0. During the celebration they threw fireworks for the second time after which the Ref stopped the game for 15 minutes or so. But now PEC turned the game around and are leading with 4-1 haha

PbweUL.gif

It's the cup final BTW

Bumhead

Banned
I think he's talking about Ajax lool

Them fuckers too then, maybe! Oops!

It's not.

It's a fundamental.

Granted, but it's becoming a cop out.

That team today got beat, and has been getting beat all season, because there are too many players in it who are stinking the place out with their mediocrity.

How many players would you swap with United if you were an Everton fan today? 2? 3?

Ferguson's freakish ability to win trophies exempt, expecting anything more than 7th place from Buttner, Smalling, Jones, Fletcher, Young and Valencia is a waste of time.

Just not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom