• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

The problem with blaming it all on injuries is that usually someone is too blame for the injuries.

Sure, sometimes unlucky injuries happen. Theo destroying his knee and Jack chipping his weak coke bones would fall under luck i think. Ramsey and Ozil though were mismanagement.

I am sure there are examples of that at United.

Training plays a massive part and we have heard all season how Moyes runs them into the ground, which clearly doesn't provide peak performances week in and week out.

Also explains why RVP is suddenly injury prone again, even though he is by default anyway. Same with players like Jones.

Its not luck some clubs manage injuries well or buy players that are tanks who never break down. Anyway, Doicare is a joke account obviously and worth just having fun with than any serious discussion.

Them fuckers too then, maybe! Oops!

Granted, but it's becoming a cop out.

That team today got beat, and has been getting beat all season, because there are too many players in it who are stinking the place out with their mediocrity.

How many players would you swap with United if you were an Everton fan today? 2? 3?

Ferguson's freakish ability to win trophies exempt, expecting anything more than 7th place from Buttner, Smalling, Jones, Fletcher, Young and Valencia is a waste of time.

Just not good enough.

How do you know the players are this bad if you only see them performing so bad due to Moyes?

If you asked that question before Moyes took over I would be willing to guess that you wouldn't hold that opinion. Generally speaking, if a good manager gets the team playing well, the players will look better. The manager plays a big part in their performances.

Trust me, I know more about shit managers, teams and players that don't try and managers getting the best out of shit teams than a Manchester United fan can learn, know and then forget again.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. Infact if you check my post history I'm pretty sure I commented on here months back that to me United looked like a team not playing for the manager. I KNOW that's a factor. And it's also something teams don't come back from.

But it's also not an accident, and it's also not a sole cause of where Manchester United are. They're not good enough. A lot of people looked at them last year and said they weren't good enough, but Fergie got the job done and quite frankly dragged that team to the title. Individually, you can look at any other team in the top 8 and pick out multiple areas where United are weaker than their competitors. And that's not about competing for the title, that's about competing with almost half the division.

It's an absolutely appalling state of affairs for a team like United and they're a long, long way (or a huge chunk of cash) away from competing for Champions League football next season, not just the title.

"Not trying" and "manager should be getting most out of them" are factors, but they're not the only ones. Moyes has done a shit job, I'm absolutely not defending Moyes here. He's done a shit job with a shit bunch of players in difficult circumstances. It's a horror show all round. Moyes should and will take some criticism for that. As should the players. And as should any fan who realistically, in the cold facts of day, expect that team as it lined up today to compete with Everton or the teams around and above them in the league. Long way off.

The manager is in charge of training and the tactics. He's the one that can make players uncomfortable on the ball. He's in charge of man management that can make players devoid of confidence. He's also the one that picks the starting lineups that can affect a player's performance (Smalling out of position). Those are huge factors.

However, it is true that some players aren't good enough. The midfield, Young&Valencia, and the left backs aren't good enough. They have proven that over multiple seasons under Fergie. The rest of the players aren't as bad as Moyes is making them out to look like though.

Marc

Moyes: "I thought we were the better team."

No way he has said that, no fucking way.

Or is he subscribing to the Xavi doctrine, won the game on possession.

He has to be sacked, I hope he doesn't in a way as the league has been great this season without a Fergie running things.

Well I'm fucking glad I switched off after the 2:0. Might as well skip all games in the future where we concede first there is no hoping for a comeback. Fuck off Moyes.

doicare

I don't make excuses. I trust all our defenders to do a job. I don't believe they have cost us points. The whole team has played badly in recent weeks.
Then unfortunately you don't know much about football. Just in the Spanish cup final alone, Pinto was poor and any decent keeper would've saved Di Maria's shot and an experienced defender like Pique would've taken the foul on Bale on the wing instead of letting him run past him.

WJD

You need to chill man.

I'm very chill.

Especially considering my beloved club is being set back decades by an incompetent manager with no realistic end in sight.

I have a beer (albeit a Bud)

The GF is making me a lovely roast chicken tea

Got the seaside outside my window for the second weekend in a row

I'm chill.

Arnie

What a moment in time to stop and reflect.

How good is life.

How miraculous is life.

Defo having a takeaway for tea.

Seriously I think Moyseh has just lost it, it's got too much for him.

Like out of his depth to the extent it's making his life difficult for him. Like he scrolls through his phone and there's too many numbers and he just gets flustered and I CANT HANDLE ITTT.

Messi

Then unfortunately you don't know much about football. Just in the Spanish cup final alone, Pinto was a poor and any decent keeper would've saved Di Maria's shot and an experienced defender like Pique would've taken the foul on Bale on the wing instead of letting him run past him.

I don't see the need to insults about football knowledge.

L1NETT

Go and buy yourself a Lindt Easter Eggs United fans

Good shizzle them

And I agree re:Bumhead

People could see last year that this United team was aging. Fortunately Robin Van Persie and Fergie in a poor league carried them to the title

An injured RVP and an aging squad is an awful spot for any manager

Moyes has to take some of the blame, but this season for United was never going to be easy regardless of who was in charge.

Moyes has made a meal of it, never sticking to the same team. No consistency and all that. But other factors at play.

Eanan

So, if WBA get something from tomorrow, Palace also get something against city at the weekend, and Liverpool beat chelsea, Liverpool will be champions on sunday...

Nicktendo86

BBC said:
Manchester United David Moyes, speaking to BBC Sport: "We had a lot the ball, passing, and controlled the majority of the game. But we didn't have a cutting edge and got done on the counter attack. We gave away two dreadful goals.

"I've no arguments with the penalty. But it was terrible mistake, because David De Gea would've just picked the ball up.

"We couldn't find the telling pass, or clever play in the final third that makes the difference. I thought we did well, were the better team at 2-0 down in the first half.

"We'll do everything we can to win the remaining four games. We are under way with what we are doing to improve next season and try to give ourselves a better chance to compete at the top end of the table."

I JUST CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Bumhead

Banned
How do you know the players are this bad if you only see them performing so bad due to Moyes?

If you asked that question before Moyes took over I would be willing to guess that you wouldn't hold that opinion. Generally speaking, if a good manager gets the team playing well, the players will look better. The manager plays a big part in their performances.

Many, many people have been looking at the Manchester United squad and highlighting weaknesses for years and years.

Fergie knew what he was doing when he got out. He's a clever fucking bastard, you'll say that much about him whoever you support.

Objectively speaking this is quite sad really.

This was Moyes' dream, and it came true, Fergie #MadeHimDream but now he is figuring out he isn't good enough to live it out. He must know it within himself - im not cut out for this.

He needs a hug. And the sack. Sack first, hug after.

Wilbur

Banned
Objectively speaking this is quite sad really.

This was Moyes' dream, and it came true, Fergie #MadeHimDream but now he is figuring out he isn't good enough to live it out. He must know it within himself - im not cut out for this.

He needs a hug. And the sack. Sack first, hug after.

the hashtag made me laugh

i dont want to laugh

i want to go to bed

Lakitu

st5fu
Moyes makes me glad I'm so glad we never stuck with Hodgson for more than 6 months. When there's no plan in place or potential and the football is turgid, sometimes you have to admit it was a mistake.

Zabojnik

Top flight managers that are keen to move next season must be buzzing right now. 2014/2015 will be the perfect season to join United. No one will be comparing you to Ferguson, at least not for a good while, all you have to do is do better than Moyes. And you'll likely have a fuckton of transfer money to spend on class players.

Manchester United 2014/2015 - A New Hope.

kharma45

He keeps selling his players out in the media.

No wonder they don't like him.

I'm really surprised somebody at the club hasn't told him to stop doing that yet. Or maybe they have. He never seems to be in control of what he says.

And some thought Mourinho if he became manager would embarrass us in the media. He had his moment yesterday but it's almost week in week out with Moyes.

Top flight managers that are keen to move next season must be buzzing right now. 2014/2015 will be the perfect season to join United. No one will be comparing you to Ferguson, at least not for a good while, all you have to do is do better than Moyes. And you'll likely have a fuckton of transfer money to spend on class players.

Manchester United 2014/2015 - A New Hope.

I've always liked you Zabo <3

Splatt

Few people running with Welbz out story, Moyes gloriously non-committal about it

fucking hell

I can't believe you're getting distraught over dat guy leaving :lol:

The money you'd get from selling him could be wisely invested into a much better player if you sack Moyes in the summer.

Few people running with Welbz out story, Moyes gloriously non-committal about it

fucking hell

RI said he handed in a transfer request, but this was a few weeks ago now.

There are 5 players who I'm yet to see Moyes have some kind of "issue" with. They are:

Januzaj
Mata
Fellaini
Rooney
Jones

Decent 5 a side team. 2 guys to play, one guy to crush you, one guy to eat you and a variety of facial expressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom