• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

When you say this can you post who says said words, because ultimately that's the most important part of the post.

Not saying you're wrong, just it helps to know who's saying it.

For example, 'word' could be shorthand for Tancredi (I'm sure it isn't).

bud23

THE DREAM IS DEAD.

YES KLOPP YES

YES VAN GAAL YES

YES SIMEONE YES

It's not the same at all, you know it´s not the same.

:/

iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

YES MOYES YES

I feel like something inside me has died today.

YES MOYES YES

KpK3oEA.png

Football is dead.

(It's fucking stupid but it's still funny)

BludaqxCYAA_ogq.jpg

CL semi-finalists profitable: Real Madrid €47.7m, Bayern Munich €22.5m, Atletico Madrid €0.4m. Chelsea €59.2m loss

Blv9SqYCEAAKRTy.jpg

Blv8veLCAAA_xMn.jpg

Yurt, I demand satisfaction. Right now.
<3

Linius

True story about Van Gaal:

One of my earliest footballing memories is watching the Champions League as a kid and seeing Van Gaal in the dugout. He frightened the living fuck out of me. Reminded me of the monster guy from The Goonies. Honestly I was uncomfortable whenever the camera would cut to him. Must've been younger than 10 at the time.

3Y5r2NL.jpg

Who wouldn't be scared

Clegg

When you say this can you post who says said words, because ultimately that's the most important part of the post.

Not saying you're wrong, just it helps to know who's saying it.

For example, 'word' could be shorthand for Tancredi (I'm sure it isn't).
UWS and RI

So take with a pinch of salt, but I'd say they're reliable sources.

Arnie

UWS and RI

So take with a pinch of salt, but I'd say they're reliable sources.
Gotcha. Take it these lads are connected (Viva said they were).

That's a mad clause. A mad one. The sort of clause I wouldn't have even thought United would bother with.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ogden on 5 live saying several players have undermined him in the team, he lost the dressing room at Christmas

kmax

Word is, United players had clauses built into their contracts that state their wages would be cut by 25% if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

If this has substance and were to be the case, United's going to have problems retaining players. It's no secret that many wanted to leave the club before all of this transpired, so this would be the icing on the cake.

Zabojnik

Conte is still refusing to comment on his future.

hmmmm we need a brave reporter to call him a bald cunt or something in English, I wanna see his facial expression.

Eh, he does this every year. He wants mercato assurances, he'll get them. And then witness Marotta sign Moscardelli.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/association=por/news/newsid=2093474.html
Benfica has the Portuguese Liga championship in the bag.

Their biggest challenge now is vs Juventus in the Europa semis which should be more entertaining.

Benfica is sure to win the Taça de Portugal against Rio Ave on 18 May 2014.

A Treble (Três Grandes) is in sights, Juventus being the biggest challenge.

Don't worry about us at all. We're already dead.

Meier

We really need to score about 5 or 6 tonight. Put the pressure on Liverpool and get the monkey off our back a bit. A hat trick from Kun would be lovely.

Van Gaal will probably sell half Utd's team. Expect to see a lot of Januzaj, Zaha, Cleverley, Bebe as he slowly turns you into Mancelona.

Points = football quality? then Argentina league would be the best league in the world, they have like 7 points difference between the first place and last place.

Did Manchester United park the bus against Liverpool, tho? I doubt they did.

You can say all you want, but from a football perspective, La Liga and Bundesliga are way ahead of EPL. The EPL can compete because they use money to put themselves on an equal level, buying the talents and coaches of the other leagues.

:lol

I will agree that PL football is often extremely archaic and formulaic. For instance you basically don't see any consistent pressing in the opponent's half (or even outside your third) from most teams or have them repeat formulaic "send a winger, cross, try to score" attacks ad nauseam. For fuck's sake, half the league still relies on hoofing the ball forward...kick & rush and all that.
But some teams still play fairly modern, show synchronized tactical / spatial movement and all that.
But all in all their league is currently easily the most entertaining out there, especially since it's legitimately contested and not in the claws of an evil hegemon or two.

Linius

Van Gaal will probably sell half Utd's team. Expect to see a lot of Januzaj, Zaha, Cleverley, Bebe as he slowly turns you into Mancelona.

I will agree that PL football is often extremely archaic and formulaic. For instance you basically don't see any consistent pressing in the opponent's half (or even outside your third) from most teams or have them repeat formulaic "send a winger, cross, try to score" attacks ad nauseam. For fuck's sake, half the league still relies on hoofing the ball forward...kick & rush and all that.
But some teams still play fairly modern, show synchronized tactical / spatial movement and all that.
But all in all their league is currently easily the most entertaining out there, especially since it's legitimately contested and not in the claws of an evil hegemon or two.

Maybe I should watch more United next season, that would be great to watch. Though a bit dangerous for people sitting behind the goals and in the corners of the stadium.

WJD

People using the "bu bu I though United didn't sack managers lololol sustainability lololol" jibe need to stop. Really really lazy attempt at banter.

People using the "bu bu I though United didn't sack managers lololol sustainability lololol" jibe need to stop. Really really lazy attempt at banter.

About as lazy as the holier than thou 'we stick by our managers' shite we kept hearing from you guys when Moyes was appointed :p

(not on gaf necessarily)

Don't get your hopes up for anything other than a standard 3 points for City.

The second I saw the blue seats, I gave up all hope for tonight. Thought there was a chance that Pepe Mel would show us who he is, but this will be a walkover for City.

Aguero to score more than once, book it.

Elchele

It would be great to see LvG in another club, that way I could laugh about his craziness without having an impact in our team.

I think whoever gives him more "power" (making him coach and sporting manager) is going to get him. He wants to be able to sell and sign whoever he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom