• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

. @danielstorey85:
Sherwood: "I watched Eriksen at 17 at Wembley for Denmark and told Levy sign him."

Eriksen: "I’ve never played at Wembley"

tumblr_inline_mfjo8jcrsO1rtrzew.gif

FuturusX

Would be classic if UTD held a press conference to announce their full support of Moyes. All that speculation ended for about a week.

TeddyBoy

Remember when Goal said we'd signed Sigurdsson and Spurs had signed Joe Allen.

Wasn't that long ago actually.

Should Liverpool win the league, quite a few of our missed targets will look back and probably regret the decision to reject our offer.

Regarding Moyes' imminent departure: united's biggest issue was mixing their emotions with the cold reality of football success. Moyes had this because Fergie said to give him time, Moyes' successor could get this if you pick a former player, even worse if you pick Giggs. Too many supporters still love Giggs and there were articles after the Olympiacos second leg saying Giggs was still the best player at United, should he become manager you'll have fans blindly supporting Giggs even if things aren't going well (similar to us and Dalglish).

What is even the point in sacking Moyes now? Surely, he could just finish this season, it's not like anything worse is gonna happen for United with him.

Salvadora

Regarding Moyes' imminent departure: united's biggest issue was mixing their emotions with the cold reality of football success. Moyes had this because Fergie said to give him time, Moyes' successor could get this if you pick a former player, even worse if you pick Giggs. Too many supporters still love Giggs and there were articles after the Olympiacos second leg saying Giggs was still the best player at United, should he become manager you'll have fans blindly supporting Giggs even if things aren't going well (similar to us and Dalglish).
Surely there is no chance of it being Giggs or any other 'class of 92' player.

They're simply not qualified.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United fans are saying that their Heysel banner IS genuine

hey, I WANT to believe that, but I've never seen anyone pay any respect to Heysel in my lifetime so it's hard not to think they're just winding up Liverpool. "Justice" is synonyms with the Hillsborough disaster.

Facism

Gold Member
they're actually going to give moyes an improved contract so he doesn't feel as threatened by rooney as he does now.

What is even the point in sacking Moyes now? Surely, he could just finish this season, it's not like anything worse is gonna happen for United with him.

I hear you - but at the same time there is nothing to gain from keeping him either.

It sounds like he's upsetting everyone so...at least they can be...not upset..

SHarris78

If he had the requirements needed, with no big name managers jobless at the moment i'd like to see Gary Neville get a crack at it. He talks so much sense every time hes on TV, plus he's MU through and though.

TeddyBoy

Surely there is no chance of it being Giggs or any other 'class of 92' player.

They're simply not qualified.

You'd think there would be no chance, but Giggs was odds on favourite to succeed Moyes, there were twitter rumours he was appointed successor and some fans actually wanted him to replace Moyes. Seedorf has turned Milan around now, you don't have to be qualified to become a manager, it just helps.

If he had the requirements needed, with no big name managers jobless at the moment i'd like to see Gary Neville get a crack at it. He talks so much sense every time hes on TV, plus he's MU through and though.

He does have the requirements. (If you mean badges etc?)

I would also like to see it...but not now. Time isn't right. He needs to go off and do a job elsewhere first.

Clegg

I hear you - but at the same time there is nothing to gain from keeping him either.

It sounds like he's upsetting everyone so...at least they can be...not upset..
Always the chance that the next manager could upset them too, especially if it's Van Gaal.

Tc91

Nah, wouldn't mind seeing it happen but is he really the man for the job? Maybe if Giggs is getting it until the end of the season give him a coaching role like England.

We need a big personality now, we should of got Mourinho but we fucked that up so the next man for me is Klopp. Is he going to come though? I doubt it.

Really? Because Shebby was a pretty good analyst too while he was at it. We all know what happened after he joined Blackburn.

Sometimes football can stir the darkest emotions from the unlikeliest of places (see Fady's Twitter), and through these grey areas and thick clouds of hate it's important to know that purity does still exist.

We must not look away from it, we must cherish it.

It was strange to think that Allen was great, yet we had no control on midfield at all. Lucas playing better than he did at Norwich is vital at the weekend, such a performance again could well see the title slip through our fingers

Meier

In eight games so far this season against the current bottom four, City have dropped a staggering ten points, including defeats at Sunderland and Cardiff City.
Pellegrini’s players also dropped points at Norwich City when held 0-0 at Carrow Road and, when added to the early season defeat at Aston Villa, it is not difficult to see where City have blown their title ambitions.

Liverpool, in contrast, have a 100 per cent record against the bottom four, while Chelsea had a similarly flawless record until they fell to an unexpected defeat against Sunderland on Saturday.

I knew it was bad but didn't realize there was this big of a discrepancy. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
CL semi-finalists profitable: Real Madrid €47.7m, Bayern Munich €22.5m, Atletico Madrid €0.4m. Chelsea €59.2m loss

Blv9SqYCEAAKRTy.jpg

Wage bills of CL semi-finalists: Real Madrid €246m, Bayern Munich €203m, Chelsea €201m, Atletico Madrid €64m

Blv9E7lCMAAgfuc.jpg

revenue of CL semi-finalists: Real Madrid €519m, Bayern Munich €431m, Chelsea €303m, Atletico Madrid €120m.

Blv866JCMAA44IX.jpg

Blv8veLCAAA_xMn.jpg

Scum

Nah, wouldn't mind seeing it happen but is he really the man for the job? Maybe if Giggs is getting it until the end of the season give him a coaching role like England.

We need a big personality now, we should of got Mourinho but we fucked that up so the next man for me is Klopp. Is he going to come though? I doubt it.

I hate to say it but now will be a great time for Van Gaal. He can scare the shit out of players like Rooney.

arkon

Catching up with the result today. Thank fuck. Bobbins and those twats pulled it off... barely. Fuck this season. We're done next season I think.

Feorax

I knew it was bad but didn't realize there was this big of a discrepancy. :(

It's weird. Chelsea do really well against the top of the table, and against the bottom lot. They must be dropping shitloads of points against teams with basically nothing to play for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom