• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT19| It's a good sign when its boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

You'll be fine Arkon. That league is so odd anyway, so hard to predict it.

--

Just found my first grey hair

I'm 19

I'm already dead

Marc

-Liverpool win the league, going from 7th to 1st
-Man Utd finish 7th, having finished 1st the previous year
-Arsenal lose the FA Cup final, failing to break the 10 year hoodoo, and finish 5th, missing out on the CL for the first time in 15 years or whatever it is
-QPR fail to get promoted
-Leeds get relegated
-Millwall get relegated
-Altetico Madrid win La Liga, and the Champions League
-Barca's decline continues, with numerous PR disasters
-Napoli win the Coppa Italia
-Dortmund win the German Cup
-Ole Gunnar Solksjaer gets relegated

I could live with that :p

Would rather Chelsea won champions league, good for English football innit... plus helps you out with the coefficient. Some English players I still like in that team as well.

Throw in Sunderland escaping relegation too, the people's champions.

Can't see Arsenal losing to Hull.

9212806004_59c212571e_o.gif

Ashur, best worst bad guy ever. I actually liked him, none of it was his fault really. :(

Remember Spurs were linked to Moyes a few times, don't think the fans would go for it, would have thought Laudrup would of been linked more. RDM would still be a great shout still IMO.

Arnie

It was strange to think that Allen was great, yet we had no control on midfield at all. Lucas playing better than he did at Norwich is vital at the weekend, such a performance again could well see the title slip through our fingers

Be fine if Sturridge is back and Lucas drops to the bench.

Been said many times but our lack of an out ball hurt us a lot. As well as Lucas being shit in that position.

TeddyBoy

It was strange to think that Allen was great, yet we had no control on midfield at all. Lucas playing better than he did at Norwich is vital at the weekend, such a performance again could well see the title slip through our fingers

Lucas was just awful, hopefully Sturridge is fit and we can reshuffle the squad around to play 4-3-3 with

Flanagan-Agger-Skrtel-Johnson
Allen-Gerrard-Coutinho
Sterling-Sturridge-Suarez

Sakho was pretty poor against Norwich as well, Agger isn't he best but I think we're a bit more comfortable with him at the back.

arkon

We'll be fine as long as the three teams coming up are worse than us. Struggling to find positives for the season. I suppose we secured safety two games earlier... progression, right?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
People saying Van Gahl would scare Rooney, is he a tyrant? I don't know anything about him but it would be nice to have a manager the players feared again.

Elchele

lol klopp

you guys have to wake up someday

they believe they can lure coaches away from the best non-hispanic league in the world. pls

So Honigstein and BundesligaGAF are dismissing and laughing at any suggestion that Klopp might be interested in United.

This isn't a loaded question at all but can I ask why?

It may be weird for english people, but the EPL isn't as attractive as marketing makes it to be from the outside. It has more money so it can sign great players and coaches but aside from money, in the football aspect there's much less quality than in Bundesliga/La Liga.

Also, Dortmund is a much more important club than Manchester United nowdays. Aside from the marketing perspective.

Arnie

True story about Van Gaal:

One of my earliest footballing memories is watching the Champions League as a kid and seeing Van Gaal in the dugout. He frightened the living fuck out of me. Reminded me of the monster guy from The Goonies. Honestly I was uncomfortable whenever the camera would cut to him. Must've been younger than 10 at the time.

in the football aspect there's much less quality than in Bundesliga
The stat that was posted before - the one about Dortmund finishing as many points off the top as United and still finishing second - pretty much kills whatever half-arsed argument you're going to raise to support this.

Manchester United managed to compete with Bayern Munich, which says it all. Can you imagine the faces of English football fans, people who'd seen teams continuously embarrass United throughout the season, as Bayern struggled to play with any sort of dynamism or intensity against them. Just weeks before we'd seen Liverpool go to Old Trafford and put on a footballing masterclass.

Blablurn

People saying Van Gahl would scare Rooney, is he a tyrant? I don't know anything about him but it would be nice to have a manager the players feared again.

Most Bayern players hated. He sold Luca Toni, Lucio and Van Bommel lol. Ribery hated him the most.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
toni_vangaal1.jpg

Luca Toni "Van Gaal simply didn't want to work with me, he treats players like interchangeable objects,"

The Italian told German magazine Sport Bild about the time van Gaal proved to Bayern's superstars, including Dutchman Arjen Robben, Germany's Philipp Lahm and Bastian Schweinsteiger how he was man enough to drop any of his players.

"The coach wanted to make clear to us that he can drop any player, it was all the same to him because, as he said, he had the balls," said Toni.

"He demonstrated this literally (by dropping his trousers). I have never experienced anything like it, it was totally crazy. Luckily I didn't see a lot, because I wasn't in the front row."

Toni is not the first ex-Bayern player to criticise van Gaal as former captain Lucio has said the coach was part of the reason he left Munich in July 2009.

"Van Gaal hurt me more than anyone else in football," said Brazil defender Lucio who won the Champions League title with Inter Milan last season.

Van Gaal was criticised last October by Bayern president Uli Hoeness for being hard to work with and ex-captain Mark van Bommel quit the club suddenly last week to join AC Milan with rumours he found it hard to work with van Gaal.

BALLS OF STEEL. GLAZER ARE DEAD

Marc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd9EoW96zTQ

Haha, found this funny, all the united fans streaming past wanting Moyes out with someone shouting scouse bastard at the end. lol Perfectly timed, I assume they are talking about Moyes and are a bit dim as to the scottish accent.

Is it true Moyes has named a different line up for every game this season? Or is that common now? Used to get called tinkerman if you did that.

You'll be fine Arkon. That league is so odd anyway, so hard to predict it.

--

Just found my first grey hair

I'm 19

I'm already dead

Jesus, do you have a stressful job or something?

Is that the same dude who plays Oberyn Martell in Game of Thrones?

Nah, not even close. :)

Game of Thrones day woooohhh.

Jarnet87

I'd welcome van Gaal. In Fergie we had a manager who it was his way or get the hell out. Moyes from the get go was way too soft and spineless. Do you really need to experience how awful someone like Ashley Young or Tom Cleverly is in person to get rid of them? It was nice and all that Moyes wanted to give everyone a chance (at least if they were English) but he should have had heads rolling from the beginning.

Klopp is obviously the first choice, then van Gaal. van Gaal has to be the favorite given all the rumors that the club was meeting with him in the past few weeks.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I'd love someone with drive to come in and clear out the shite, many can stay but so many teams this year have made no sense at all, can't have aimless players drifting about doing bugger all for an entire game. It became incredibly clear that half the team stopped trying and didn't care.

Mr Cola

For me, Van Gaal would be like the teacher you'd dislike, but would listen and learn more in their classes.

#VanGaalin
Imagine if he came in and sold Rooney, then we wouldn't be beholden to his curse anymore, nor have to put up with his constant nonsense around contract time,mother more united fans I read the more it appears a very select few like Rooney and want him here.

Elchele

The stat that was posted before - the one about Dortmund finishing as many points off the top as United and still finishing second - pretty much kills whatever half-arsed argument you're going to raise to support this.

Manchester United managed to compete with Bayern Munich, which says it all. Can you imagine the faces of English football fans, people who'd seen teams continuously embarrass United throughout the season, as Bayern struggled to play with any sort of dynamism or intensity against them. Just weeks before we'd seen Liverpool go to Old Trafford and put on a footballing masterclass.

Points = football quality? then Argentina league would be the best league in the world, they have like 7 points difference between the first place and last place.

Did Manchester United park the bus against Liverpool, tho? I doubt they did.

You can say all you want, but from a football perspective, La Liga and Bundesliga are way ahead of EPL. The EPL can compete because they use money to put themselves on an equal level, buying the talents and coaches of the other leagues.

Is that someone using a Vita as a camera?

:lol

Yen

Imagine if he came in and sold Rooney, then we wouldn't be beholden to his curse anymore, nor have to put up with his constant nonsense around contract time,mother more united fans I read the more it appears a very select few like Rooney and want him here.

There is no selling Rooney. And so e just has to sit back and collect his £50m, or whatever the contract is worth.

Clegg

Word is, United players had clauses built into their contracts that state their wages would be cut by 25% if they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

K1LLER7

Masked man is one of the Glazers.

Hate it more that he's constantly used as #10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom